Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 next-gen gameplay trailer, as well as 4 more "War in the Trenches" gameplay videos.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Rush & Pocket Time

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass rush & pocket time that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Passing Pocket Formation

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the new passing pocket formation that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Blocking Footwork

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass blocking footwork that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Sorting

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down sorting in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Let us know what you think!

Check out the full press release below.

New Details Released on Player Sense, True Step, the War in the Trenches and More

The Madden NFL 25 next-generation gameplay conversation begins today with the debut of the all-new “Feel It” trailer. EA SPORTS will be rolling out full gameplay details on Madden NFL 25 website and Facebook page that highlight how the game reaches new heights on next-gen consoles.

New features introduced in Madden NFL 25 include Player Sense, which enables players to scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen and maneuver based on instinct for the first time ever. Players make up to 50 times the contextual decisions they ever have before, bringing a new level of intelligence to every player on the field. In addition, the implementation of True Step player motion provides unprecedented ball-carrier control, as well as the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history.

Furthermore, the War in the Trenches fundamentally changes the dynamic of the offensive and defensive line. Linemen are able to make four times as many decisions per second, and 300 new blocking animations will lead to never-before-seen situations and outcomes. Offensive linemen intelligently identify the “Mike” linebacker, and shift and sort assignments at the snap in order to target the biggest defensive threats. While the offensive line brings a new arsenal of double-team blocks and blitz pick-ups the defense has gotten smarter too, utilizing bluffs, stunts and angles to find the weak point in the line, split double-team blocks or confuse the protection long enough to get into the backfield. Every down is a new battle to control the line of scrimmage.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jbd345 @ 10/18/13 04:42 PM
Much better. Still will reserve judgment until we see live unedited (particularly off screen) gameplay

# 42 hoopvillian @ 10/18/13 04:43 PM
November 15th can't come soon enough!

# 43 xfacemob @ 10/18/13 04:43 PM
All they need is better character customization (like mlb the show), a more in depth my career (like mlb the show), db/WR interactions******, dynamic uniforms and pads (meaning you can grab a qb by the shoulder pad just reaching over the lineman etc), and with the dynamic pads and the "feel it" awareness they have added they should now be able to create the proper shifting of weight.

Nomsayin

# 44 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/18/13 04:45 PM
Looks like having speed rushers will finally mean something.

Looks a lot better than those ESPN clips they've been showing. I feel like they should scrap those and just show these types of videos.

Hopefully we'll get to see some WR/DB interactions soon.

# 45 charter04 @ 10/18/13 04:46 PM
Finally some things that give me hope for this game. This has me convinced that EA has purposely kept things out of some of the footage so they can show bits and peaces as we move along. This wouldn't be the first time they did this. The ESPN footage is clearly last gen game play and what was seen at E3 and by the guys who visited EA is this stuff.

I don't mind if the graphics aren't as big of a step forward. This gen's graphics have been pretty good. I just want a step forward in gameplay. I think that is what we are getting. I know some will say that things should have already been in the game well it wasn't. I don't care if double team pass block should have already been in as long as it's in now.

These videos are why I don't jump ship or jump back on week to week. I will wait until I get all the info then make a decisions.

# 46 BrianFifaFan @ 10/18/13 04:46 PM
Really liked the "War in the Trenches" series. But you can see how they are just adjusting the existing animations. They are snapping to the next blocking assignment, not flowing. They really need a totally new set of animations. But, all things considered, I have hope for the future. They seem to be finally getting down the things that made the other game so compelling. Now they just have to build a set of animations that actually make it look fluid. They're getting there.

Maybe JP is right. Hopefully next year they will get all of the pieces together. My biggest hope is that they will finally embrace signature animations while they sort this all out. I finally want to be able to say, "That's Peyton." Can't see his face, save a cutscene or two. But they could get his, and all of the other big QB's throwing styles down. It's that stuff that would finally get this game into "Wow!" territory, IMO. Right now, for all the improvements I just saw, something just screams "generic!" Maybe I've just been playing too much NBA2k14....

# 47 The_Balm @ 10/18/13 04:47 PM
Well, I must say this looks a lot better. I looks really good in some parts.

I hope this is a lesson to EA's marketing and PR. Normally studios put out trailers because they don't want to show the real thing yet and usually the trailers hype it up and make it look better than all actually is. Madden is the reverse. So no more teasers and MNF videos, stick with the longer videos with camera angles that let you see something.

# 48 ScalettaVinci @ 10/18/13 04:47 PM
Honestly, if the Madden team gets the passing mechanic correct on next gen(too stiff) and the defensive player AI correct(reacting to the ball), this game would be gold. The franchise would be restored. I'm finally impressed by the progress. I may be sold at this point. Returning to Madden.

# 49 dghustla @ 10/18/13 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnBLnL9xnHY

This is the pass rush clip. I'm very excited from what I see here.
1) the DE on the right using a speed rush, anticipated the T reaching out to him and swipes his arm down to prevent the block and allowing him to get great pressure. If Vick where to drop back too far it would have been a sack.

2) The Linebacker on the right. He drops into coverage with his eyes on Vick. Then he actually turns his head to watch the outside WR and readjust his zone to his route. This is how zone defense should be played.

This is only 1 play but at least there is something promising there.

# 50 Lilgoosy @ 10/18/13 04:57 PM
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS WE ARE ABOUT TO HAVE A GOOD FOOTBALL GAME?

well, maybe not...but those videos are exactly what i wanted to see...and they DIDN'Y MENTIONED THE GRASPS ON THE FIELD !!!

# 51 TeeDogg @ 10/18/13 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
The reaction here is priceless.

One day Madden is the worst football game ever the next day Madden is amazing and people want it now.

I picture the suits at EA reading this thread and high fiving saying "we won em back!"
don't worry, ESPN will drop another vid and it will be business as usual around here LOL

# 52 sk @ 10/18/13 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymore
I'm confused. One minute it looks like crap, then it looks okay. I'm still not sure what to think about the game.
This is why you don't judge a game based on one trailer.

Those ESPN videos didn't highlight the improvements, they just showed some catch animations/run animations.

They didn't show the improved lineplay, but everybody assumed everything would suck

# 53 Jakeness23 @ 10/18/13 05:00 PM
Is the ball carrier still going to be able to run through those 1st and sometimes 2nd defenders like they aren't even there? Cause if a CPU player lowers their head in current gen, he's almost unstoppable no matter how small he is or how big the defender is, so I hope y'all did your physics homework for next-gen.

# 54 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
This is why you don't judge a game based on one trailer.

Those ESPN videos didn't highlight the improvements, they just showed some catch animations/run animations.

They didn't show the improved lineplay, but everybody assumed everything would suck
People said "What we are SEEING sucks" now they are saying "What we are SEEING looks improved."

It isnt our fault EA put out the ****ty videos...

# 55 I_Pierre @ 10/18/13 05:01 PM
They need to take all the QB animations, make a copy. Then, delete both of em. I cant even enjoy the amazing line play thanks to Captain dummy who can't move without twitching

# 56 munky1307 @ 10/18/13 05:03 PM
At least they showed more than expected and it looked nothing like the ESPN videos. I'm at least curious to try it out.

# 57 SageInfinite @ 10/18/13 05:03 PM
Loved the war in the trenches stuff. The QB and running animations still leave alot to be desired for me though.

This whole animation just seems disconnected. Why isn't CJ looking at what he's trying to avoid? Why does it seem like his upper body and lower body were captured seperately? And lastly it looks like he's going back into that ugly base animation system they have. They really did just "stitch" together animations over the top of that UGLY locomotion they have in all EA games.

# 58 TeeDogg @ 10/18/13 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB2G
I think for me, those QB animations/drop backs/and scrambling animations are up there at the top of the list that need a major overhaul.

I cannot stand when you roll with with a right/left handing QB to their non-dominant hand side. The spin or whatever the QB does looks absolutely horrible.

I wanna' be able to do a spin out the pocket to avoid a pass rusher that Romo does all the time! Come on EA, do it for Madden 15!!
The Right stick should be utilized for this type of thing. they finally used to side step and step up but a half twirl could easily be used to spin away from pressure and start a roll out animation. also now that it looks lik we have a pocket and an may have to use it, it be nice to have nice step up animations that fluidly flow into the throwing motion. should also get a lil more zip and accuracy (on certain routes) for stepping into the throw...timing and fluid transition being the key

# 59 SageInfinite @ 10/18/13 05:05 PM

This gif is just ridiculous to me. Running full speed, coming to a dead stop in like 2 steps, then spinning? C'mon son...... Again he's not even looking at the defender. Guess it went from psychic DB's to psychic RB's

Like I said the lineplay stuff looks pretty good. Really love that stuff. They just have to overhaul alot of this stuff like they did the line play.

# 60 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Loved the war in the trenches stuff. The QB and running animations still leave alot to be desired for me though.

This whole animation just seems disconnected. Why isn't CJ looking at what he's trying to avoid? Why does it seem like his upper body and lower body were captured seperately? And lastly it looks like he's going back into that ugly base animation system they have. They really did just "stitch" together animations over the top of that UGLY locomotion they have in all EA games.
Personally the only thing that looks good to me is the Oline/Dline. I love that the AI is improved but it still looks weird most of the time. I just want some smart CPU. Yeah, im setting the bar low lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.