Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 next-gen gameplay trailer, as well as 4 more "War in the Trenches" gameplay videos.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Rush & Pocket Time

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass rush & pocket time that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Passing Pocket Formation

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the new passing pocket formation that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Blocking Footwork

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass blocking footwork that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Sorting

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down sorting in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Let us know what you think!

Check out the full press release below.

New Details Released on Player Sense, True Step, the War in the Trenches and More

The Madden NFL 25 next-generation gameplay conversation begins today with the debut of the all-new “Feel It” trailer. EA SPORTS will be rolling out full gameplay details on Madden NFL 25 website and Facebook page that highlight how the game reaches new heights on next-gen consoles.

New features introduced in Madden NFL 25 include Player Sense, which enables players to scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen and maneuver based on instinct for the first time ever. Players make up to 50 times the contextual decisions they ever have before, bringing a new level of intelligence to every player on the field. In addition, the implementation of True Step player motion provides unprecedented ball-carrier control, as well as the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history.

Furthermore, the War in the Trenches fundamentally changes the dynamic of the offensive and defensive line. Linemen are able to make four times as many decisions per second, and 300 new blocking animations will lead to never-before-seen situations and outcomes. Offensive linemen intelligently identify the “Mike” linebacker, and shift and sort assignments at the snap in order to target the biggest defensive threats. While the offensive line brings a new arsenal of double-team blocks and blitz pick-ups the defense has gotten smarter too, utilizing bluffs, stunts and angles to find the weak point in the line, split double-team blocks or confuse the protection long enough to get into the backfield. Every down is a new battle to control the line of scrimmage.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 joec63 @ 10/18/13 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
For the life of me, I do not understand why EA cannot provide us with realistic looking QB drop back animations. Also, the animations look great when slowed down 10X speed, but once shown in real time the animations jumped too quickly from one another. Vic Lugo mentioned he wants us fans to think of Madden as realistic and as an simulation but in the video posted today, the same robotic animations are shown. Nothing is fluid at all which has been my main gripe since Madden 2006 on XBOX 360.

With EA, I notice the fundamentals and basics are always left out of the game somehow when it comes to Madden. I really don't understand...
Don't even think that's full speed. It looks even faster than full speed to me .

# 102 reverend_heat @ 10/18/13 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Yeah that is how I took it. It was an EA way to say no.
Exactly, the masters of answering without really answering

# 103 SageInfinite @ 10/18/13 06:23 PM

True step my ***. Finish ya breakfast Tiburon!!!!! You almost had it Animation quirks once in awhile are fine, but once again this stuff happens all over the field ALL the time.

# 104 joec63 @ 10/18/13 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
If that's true what is the point?

Why would you show something faster than full speed? That makes no sense to me. Maybe Im missing as to why you would ever want to show something faster than it would actually be. Now slo-mo I understand, but why fast forward?
Don't know but when I watch some of the clips with ball carrier it just looks speed up. Maybe its the video dropping frames. Cant put a finger on it , maybe its me but it looks different than I see on Sunday

# 105 yanek27 @ 10/18/13 06:31 PM
The grass looks terrible. Seriously.

# 106 TreyIM2 @ 10/18/13 06:39 PM
Ok. A bit of a reprieve for EA with these Madden clips. I need more but these are starting to make me look fwd to this on my PS4, and fhanking the fact I skipped this one on my PS3.

# 107 TalenT @ 10/18/13 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rey
I don't understand why people keep talking about QB drop backs.. This maybe just me but when I pick a passing play and I hike the ball I'm looking downfield at the WR and not watching my QB drop back! So I don't really worry about small stuff like that!
Why do people say things like this??? There's no need for comments like these. You're saying that an animation involving THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD does not matter? That's not even "small stuff", as you put it. And even if it was something small...it's small to YOU. If it's important to somebody else let them gripe about it. Just my advice to you.

# 108 ch46647 @ 10/18/13 06:44 PM
Hopefully Clint Oldenburg sticks around for a while because the guy clearly "gets it". Line play is significantly improved, and for that I am thankful.

I wish the Madden team had somebody at every position on the field as knowledgeable and dedicated as Clint.

With that said, the rest of this game looks pretty much identical to this generation. MY BIGGEST ISSUE IN READING THE "TRUE STEP" BLOG IS THAT IS IS ONLY USED FOR THE BALL CARRIER"

We cannot have a realistic sports game without locomotion being fixed UNIVERSALLY, for every player and position on the field. They have got to bring somebody on board to make that happen.

I was just tweeting with Clint and I told him that I hope next year he can finally make controlling the DLine/DE's fun. (More control and ability to actually set moves)

Hopefully the focus for next year is 100% on defense, universal locomotion, and a re-vamp of animations. The animations need a complete overhaul and they really need to find a way to make them realistic like 2K and MLB The Show.

# 109 Bolt957 @ 10/18/13 06:46 PM
I'm not really impressed, as all of these should have been improved years ago.

# 110 SageInfinite @ 10/18/13 07:00 PM
JP, if you see this post, next time you tweet them Tiburon dudes, ask them what happened to these QB animations? I was expecting to see this kind of pocket presence.

# 111 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/18/13 07:02 PM
Let me know when they talk about improved WR/DB interaction...... Pocket look nice, BUT............

Please tell me not all Defensive ends will just blindly rush up the field in an outside arc ALL THE TIME. There must be some inside passing rushing moves by defensive ends as well.

# 112 hokupguy @ 10/18/13 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
JP, if you see this post, next time you tweet them Tiburon dudes, ask them what happened to these QB animations? I was expecting to see this kind of pocket presence.

if the game looked like that things would be so much better , but again ea has screwed the pouch.

# 113 joec63 @ 10/18/13 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
if the game looked like that things would be so much better , but again ea has screwed the pouch.
Actually that animation is in the Eagles clip

# 114 TeeDogg @ 10/18/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

True step my ***. Finish ya breakfast Tiburon!!!!! You almost had it Animation quirks once in awhile are fine, but once again this stuff happens all over the field ALL the time.
he had on of those awesome blades of grass stuck in his cleat. he knew how hard Tiburon worked on it so he didn't want to run around with it stuck to his shoe LOL

# 115 SageInfinite @ 10/18/13 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
Actually that animation is in the Eagles clip
Where and what Eagles clip?

# 116 D Rey @ 10/18/13 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Thats like saying you dont care how an MLB players swing looks in a baseball game. I mean, you are watching the ball so who cares if the swing looks like crap. It's part of the immersion factor. It's hard to be immersed into something completely when things like that stand out.
Again when I'm playing a baseball game I'm watching the pitch that's coming to me.. You have a second or two to decide the speed location and type of pitch! Who really is looking at the player swinging? And if you are that probably stops after the first week!

# 117 Captain Obvious @ 10/18/13 07:37 PM
ive always been criticlal of the o/d line play sine ive played madden back in 2001, but not gonna lie the eagles/cowgirls and titans/seahwaks vids gave me a hardon. its not perfect but there is hope that theres a lot to look forward to in this coming gen.

ya there are some left over stuff form the previous gen like that poverty looking dropback, stiffness and throwing animation by the qb but thats not a game killer even though its not an excuse as it should have been dealt with years ago.

the things imo that killed madden was the lack of pressure by the 4 down lineman, robo qb, and crappy looking animations. from what i seen so far im willing to go along with it but more gameplay vids would be nice, but im leaning towards actually buying it.

edit: i hope oldenburg stays on with madden for a while in the coming gen, i trust him

# 118 Flightwhite24 @ 10/18/13 07:38 PM
I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone

# 119 ocat @ 10/18/13 07:41 PM
Why do they have legs on the player models constantly bent?!? Even when players are running at full speed the legs never fully straighten and it just throws the whole look out. Try to walk around your house with your legs constantly bent, it's impossible!!

# 120 Dogslax41 @ 10/18/13 07:43 PM
Every one of the videos are fantastic if you just listen and don't watch what is happening on screen. Their ideas are sound (targeting, sorting system) but their execution is flailing. On the sorting video he comments to watch the left side of the line and when you look over there you see Jordan Gross getting flattened after being bumped by a stunting defender. OK, glad the guard knew to pick him up but you are telling me that while engaged in a block if Gross was touched by a second defender he is going to collapse like a house of cards.

I will give them this, it does look like a good start and if ratings actually mater in this new system (rookie linemen have jacked up sorting and don't play like all pros, weaker linemen get blown up) and penalties are called properly then I will admit this is a strong start on next gen. However, I don't have a lot of faith in ratings meaning jack again after watching a 2 time pro bowler fold up after being touched.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.