Home
NHL 14 News Post

EA Sports has released their first NHL 14 dynamic ratings update, which adjusts player ratings based off of their real-world NHL performances.

These rating updates are only available in 'Play Now' and 'Online Versus' modes.

We've listed the hot and cold streak players below. What are your thoughts?

Hot Streak Players:
  • P.K Subban – Montreal Canadiens
  • Lars Eller – Montreal Canadiens
  • Carey Price – Montreal Canadiens
  • Joe Thornton – San Jose Sharks
  • Tomas Hertl – San Jose Sharks
  • Nathan MacKinnon – Colorado Avalanche
  • Matt Duchene – Colorado Avalanche
  • Semyon Varlamov – Colorado Avalanche
  • Mason Raymond – Toronto Maple Leafs
  • Cody Franson – Toronto Maple Leafs
  • Jason Garrison – Vancouver Canucks
  • Sean Monahan – Calgary Flames
  • Josh Harding – Minnesota Wild
  • Sidney Crosby – Pittsburgh Penguins
  • Ben Bishop – Tampa Bay Lightning
  • Martin St.Louis – Tampa Bay Lightning
  • Teddy Purcell – Tampa bay Lightning
Cold Streak Players:
  • Nail Yakupov – Edmonton Oilers
  • Devan Dubnyk – Edmonton Oilers
  • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins – Edmonton Oilers
  • Henrik Lundqvist – New York Rangers
  • Claude Giroux– Philadelphia Flyers
  • Jonathan Quick – LA Kings
  • Dan Girardi – New York Rangers
  • Jiri Tlusty – Carolina Hurricanes
  • Sergei Gonchar – Dallas Stars
  • Tyler Myers – Buffalo Sabres

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dougie_G_93 @ 10/21/13 10:41 AM
Yeah, not a fan. It's not very in depth as far as the # of players involved, and I'm very skeptical considering it is roster related from EA, as far as them continuing to provide timely updates.... I mean speaking of timing, how long should people have to wait for accurate AHL/CHL rosters??? As usual they are failing miserably at this.

# 2 domjr4 @ 10/21/13 01:25 PM
Don't get the complaining and whining about this update. The rosters now better reflect the current state of the NHL. Actually pleasantly surprised that they included the dynamic ratings in online versus play as well.

# 3 jyoung @ 10/21/13 01:33 PM
It's funny how the very day EA decided to put Ryan Nugent-Hopkins on a "cold streak" he proceeded to score 2 goals and 1 assist later that night.

# 4 wolfsjetta12 @ 10/21/13 01:57 PM
I asked this on the EA forum but didn't get an answer. To get these dynamic ratings is there a roster update do get these? It's confusing to me.

# 5 kestrel @ 10/21/13 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It's funny how the very day EA decided to put Ryan Nugent-Hopkins on a "cold streak" he proceeded to score 2 goals and 1 assist later that night.
Ben Bishop, similarly, was given a hot streak, then chased from net that same day by Boston.

# 6 savoie2006 @ 10/21/13 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCrazyManiac
Its a joke, only for "play now" and online versus modes..what a joke.
i want this in Season Mode!
..sorry...very disappointed!
What sense does it make to have them included in Season or GM? Unless, it was a totally seperate thing based on play during your season.

# 7 robinson @ 10/22/13 01:30 AM
Quote:
Yeah you are right, i mean i want LIVE SEASON ROSTERS like FIFA. Not that BS for play now modes.
I still hate to start a new season every new roster update comes out.

I am not going to rip on EA about this, but I am not using it ever. I would if it was in more depth, etc. I do like the feature though, but not until its better. Plus we play offline, so it doesn't really do much.

When the revamped rosters & all the editor things these guys are doing. Now that is a real dynamic ratings roster. It will also come with the faces, equip., stadium info, etc.

# 8 ericromain @ 10/23/13 11:12 PM
Quote:
Yeah you are right, i mean i want LIVE SEASON ROSTERS like FIFA. Not that BS for play now modes.
I still hate to start a new season every new roster update comes out.
I've been wanting this for years. I love season mode, but i don't care about trades/roster management. I just want to play every game with the most up-to-date roster lineup.
Playing an entire 82 game season usually takes me a few months, By the time i'm done the rosters are so wrong, it isn't even fun.

# 9 BCDX97 @ 10/24/13 12:24 AM
As a Dallas fan, I'm glad to see Gonchar went down. He's be stinking it up this year, all for the bargain price of $10 million for the next 2 seasons!

# 10 seb170455 @ 10/24/13 07:58 AM
It would be nice to have dynamic rosters in BeAGM offline. It would give each dynasty you start it's own identity. In one game Subban is hot and in another BEAGM he would be on a cold streak. Would be nice.

# 11 Cletus @ 10/24/13 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb170455
It would be nice to have dynamic rosters in BeAGM offline. It would give each dynasty you start it's own identity. In one game Subban is hot and in another BEAGM he would be on a cold streak. Would be nice.
That will be another "new" feature brought back from the ps2 days.

# 12 puckhead73 @ 10/25/13 06:06 PM
Honestly, and I might be slightly biased here :P but I don't want anything "Dynamic" from EA touching my BeaGM. Especially after all the work we put into our Revamped Rosters, the last thing I want is EA to jump in and arbitrarily change something according to their opinions. I have no faith in their ability to provide an accurate representation via these Dynamic updates, for example, Backes and Steen on St. Louis have been off to an incredible start, tallying 6 and 7 goals respectively in St. Louis' first 7 games. I think that would justify a hot streak, especially as they also have 9 and 11 points in the same games played. But they were completely neglected. The fact EA only has covered a few select players and are not doing this on a league wide basis leads me to believe it would only be a detriment to the work my Team and I put in. No thanks.

# 13 savoie2006 @ 10/26/13 12:51 PM
Yeah, fact is this whole task is a bit much I think for the EA NHL team to take on. Its difficult enough for them to get the rosters accurate in a timely matter, adding this to the mix is only creating more of a work load. Unless, they could have it updated similar to the way NBA 2K does, its a waste.

# 14 Sixp @ 10/27/13 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsjetta12
I asked this on the EA forum but didn't get an answer. To get these dynamic ratings is there a roster update do get these? It's confusing to me.
No one answered this question. I would like to hear the answer too. Anyone? What to do?

# 15 savoie2006 @ 10/29/13 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixp
No one answered this question. I would like to hear the answer too. Anyone? What to do?
Well, why not go to Easports.com and ask? Chances are probably better you'll get an answer there

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.