Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

NBA Live 14 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien took some time to answer fan feedback today on Twitter. Below are the list of questions and answers. It's all about gameplay this week with Ultimate Team information coming next week.

Will the controls feel like NBA Live 10?

The controls are reminiscent of LIVE 10 but much deeper.

Is anyone going to buy your game after how amazing 2k14 looked?

As expected, 2K14 looked good. I'm curious to see how it translates to 5v5 gameplay.

When will we see another trailer?

You'll see a steady flow of content pulled directly from #NBALIVE14 gameplay from now until launch.

how will player tendencies effect how I play the game

In the coming weeks we'll breakdown how we're using Synergy Sports to drive player and team differentiation.

what can we expect out of nba live?

An authentic 5v5 gameplay experience that sets the foundation for the future of our basketball video games.

When are we gonna get more gameplay

Each week heading into launch.

Do you really think #NBALIVE14 has a chance over #NBA2K14 ,If so why?

Of course. To name a few - Our fresh take on 5v5 gameplay & commitment to connected consumer throughout the entire NBA season.

can we get some ultimate team info?

You'll see an Ultimate Team blog early next week!

what is it about live that makes it better than the other basketball games

Authentic player responsiveness and Signature Styles... More to come.

will we see 5v5 gameplay from the players camera angle before release?

Absolutely.

were the screenshots that you dropped a further along build than the gameplay that you guys showed?

Nope, they are all captured from the same build.

what is something NBA Live has now that it didn't have before ?? What makes it standout ?

Depth of Signature Styles, player movement, team differentiation, control and authentic responsiveness.

Can you give any specifics on how the new consoles made things possible you could not do in the past?

Memory and processing power to provide more individuality to the players in-game.

I was hoping on getting nba live 14 cuz I always played live, but ur trailer set me back

I would encourage you to not judge everything off of one trailer and form your opinion once you've played the game.

Who are the commentators for #NBALIVE14?

We'll be announcing our ESPN talent roster shortly.

Can we practice plays at all? Can you tell us more about the specific playbooks each team has?

Every team has their own authentic playbook. We'll be updating throughout the year as coaches change their schemes.

post play. How is it in Live 14? Post play has been lost in previous bball games

We think you'll be pleasantly surprised with post play in #NBALIVE14

in the future trailers, are we going to see more gameplay on the defensive side is the ball?

It's tough to showcase defense and four-man rotations in a highlight video but we'll do our best moving forward.

overall ...was the response to the trailer expected ?

We realize we have to prove ourselves & one trailer won't do that. I think the more you see, the more you'll like.

Passing and AI awareness have you guys been improving in that area

We give you more manual control with passing than we ever have.

I can't wait im glad EA is back & better than ever.

I think you guys will really enjoy using your favorite players' Signature Styles. Different moves, speeds, and reactions.

will there be different alley animations

Yes.

PF and Centers that don't shoot 3s, will they be more around the rim instead of being at the 3pt line?

Yes, player tendencies driven by advanced analytics will dictate player behavior on the court.

the in-game fans in 2K suck thats something you guys always had better will you still keep that a high level like previous yrs?

Yup, we put a great amount of focus into what our crowds look like and their behavior in each unique arena setting.

We wanted to focus this week on gameplay as it seems that's what you guys want to talk about. We'll share UT next week.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TheHypeMachine6 @ 10/21/13 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championships
I didn't see anything about their Q&A that portrayed them as scared, but that's just me.
Scared was probably not the correct word to use, nervous possibly, I'm sure they are well aware they can't fail again, but my argument is why are they being so complacent? Why not wow us now? Why wait for all the negative publicity to shadow that they may have a good game in the works

# 42 TheHypeMachine6 @ 10/21/13 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadojoker
Damn hate replying on my phone it always submits when I'm typing..anyways EA will buold on Live 10 (not elite) and shell out a decent 7.5-8 game...we all know or believe 2k next gen will be solid 9-9.9 but if its all flash and no substance. You will all eat your words on these boards
I respect your opinion, but I think that EA is the one who is sleeping, and if you have played 2K14 on any CG platform you would know that 2K are gonna tweak it so that graphics & gameplay compliment each other on NG, the advantage of releasing CG game this year.

# 43 iTz GoRiLlAz @ 10/21/13 10:34 PM
Yo anybody who's bashing on Live, really have the rights to. But has anyone noticed why 2K stepped up there game? It's because competition is back, and what did it do? It made 2K react, and say wow Live is making a comeback, and we must come with our total 100%. If the game fails 2K oh well, but why do people want 2K or Live to fail. Competition is healthy, and it brings the best in companies, like it did to 2K. To say Live sucks, also is to say the work of over 70 staff members suck, who spend time in a studio working passionately, for the release of a game that hasn't been released in a long time. Folks who probably sacrificed some time away from there family, to meet standards, and expectations set by Ea Sports which Nba Live 13 failed to do so . Honestly I don't think any of us likes it when people say our hard work sucks/trash, when they never took in consideration of our hard work, and dedication. Not being biased, but realist.. xD

# 44 Jay Jay @ 10/21/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
Scared was probably not the correct word to use, nervous possibly, I'm sure they are well aware they can't fail again, but my argument is why are they being so complacent? Why not wow us now? Why wait for all the negative publicity to shadow that they may have a good game in the works
The best thing they can do is to let the game speak for it self because nobody trust anything they say.

# 45 NoTiCe_O @ 10/21/13 11:53 PM
I'm actually intrigued by the interview, if there's anything Live does right its control. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the post game that he says we'll be pleasantly surprised about.

I mean the graphics might not look completely next gen but they don't hinder the game either, in my opinion. If they get the control and gameplay fun, and sim at the same time I can't complain. Plus I've always wanted Live to have signature dribbling with their control scheme and now it seems there on to something that will only get better with time.

# 46 jmaj315 @ 10/22/13 12:25 AM
Quote:
[b[Is anyone going to buy your game after how amazing 2k14 looked?[/b]

As expected, 2K14 looked good. I'm curious to see how it translates to 5v5 gameplay.
Did he really just say that? lol

well... im still not sure if im buying both 2k and live or neither.... so until i see a few videos and reviews im just gunna stand by and observe.

# 47 Jay Jay @ 10/22/13 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I'm actually intrigued by the interview, if there's anything Live does right its control. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the post game that he says we'll be pleasantly surprised about.

I mean the graphics might not look completely next gen but they don't hinder the game either, in my opinion. If they get the control and gameplay fun, and sim at the same time I can't complain. Plus I've always wanted Live to have signature dribbling with their control scheme and now it seems there on to something that will only get better with time.
Even tho the ggraphics is not on par with 2k I still see things about this game that could make me like it better.

# 48 KSOR24 @ 10/22/13 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz GoRiLlAz
Yo anybody who's bashing on Live, really have the rights to. But has anyone noticed why 2K stepped up there game? It's because competition is back, and what did it do? It made 2K react, and say wow Live is making a comeback, and we must come with our total 100%. If the game fails 2K oh well, but why do people want 2K or Live to fail. Competition is healthy, and it brings the best in companies, like it did to 2K. To say Live sucks, also is to say the work of over 70 staff members suck, who spend time in a studio working passionately, for the release of a game that hasn't been released in a long time. Folks who probably sacrificed some time away from there family, to meet standards, and expectations set by Ea Sports which Nba Live 13 failed to do so . Honestly I don't think any of us likes it when people say our hard work sucks/trash, when they never took in consideration of our hard work, and dedication. Not being biased, but realist.. xD
I'd doubt 2K decided to have crazy realistic graphics after the announcement of Live 14. You really can't prove that the return of Live influenced 2K14, since 2K has made large improvements in almost all gameplay aspects every year. And we haven't seen anything but a few dunks and jumpshots from next gen.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

# 49 yungflo @ 10/22/13 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
Did he really just say that? lol

well... im still not sure if im buying both 2k and live or neither.... so until i see a few videos and reviews im just gunna stand by and observe.
I laughed when I read that.

I'm no fanboy, [I don't buy sports sim every year] but it was funny reading that..like 2k was failing. If its half of 2k11, it seems like it still will be better than live 14.

I don't think they expect to win. in year one. They want to make a good dent in 2k's sales. I think that dent will be a ding.

# 50 23 @ 10/22/13 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
The best thing they can do is to let the game speak for it self because nobody trust anything they say.
They hide behind tech and lie

We are supposed to believe what they say then discard everything we see?

I dont think so. The last time I saw this much disdain for a product was when MS tried to put all of those restrictions on the Xbone and people turned on them quick fast and in a hurry.

Before then the overwhelming majority rejected Elite and it ended up cancelled.

Its rare that you go all over and see people with the same responses everywhere. That can't bode well at all for asking people to plop down $65 to be alpha testers on a 3 year project.

# 51 tril @ 10/22/13 01:30 AM
2 many 2k questions. You should have focused on EA without mentioning 2k. that's like someone asking Kevin Durant questions about Lebron James. Id be annoyed.

# 52 Jay Jay @ 10/22/13 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They hide behind tech and lie

We are supposed to believe what they say then discard everything we see?

I dont think so. The last time I saw this much disdain for a product was when MS tried to put all of those restrictions on the Xbone and people turned on them quick fast and in a hurry.

Before then the overwhelming majority rejected Elite and it ended up cancelled.

Its rare that you go all over and see people with the same responses everywhere. That can't bode well at all for asking people to plop down $65 to be alpha testers on a 3 year project.
I feel you but at the same time all sports games is like alpha games because they don't have enough time to fully develop games as other non sports games. Sports developers get the most backlash because we expect more than they really can do given the time frame they have.

This is no excuse for Live.

# 53 23 @ 10/22/13 01:57 AM
Quote:
I feel you but at the same time all sports games is like alpha games because they don't have enough time to fully develop games as other non sports games. Sports developers get the most backlash because we expect more than they really can do given the time frame they have.

This is no excuse for Live.
I understand sports games have a shorter span.. completely.

...but understand I saw stuff like a group of guys go to EA, give their input and get completely ignored, then the game got cancelled.

After that I saw emails sent, where those community guys practically pleaded with them for months, up to about a year and a half to come help, even before the move to tiburon and afterwards only to get brushed off then ignored.

Believe me, there is no excuse for what this is, and EA has a reputation for selling games that they know are either broken or not ready.

# 54 noshun @ 10/22/13 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

...but understand I saw stuff like a group of guys go to EA, give their input and get completely ignored, then the game got cancelled.

After that I saw emails sent, where those community guys practically pleaded with them for months, up to about a year and a half to come help, even before the move to tiburon and afterwards only to get brushed off then ignored.

Believe me, there is no excuse for what this is, and EA has a reputation for selling games that they know are either broken or not ready.
you forgot me..

# 55 Jay Jay @ 10/22/13 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Trust me I know, I bought every one that ever came out and from 06 to 09 none of those games was worth 20 to me. EA's problem is the big wigs they need to let the developers freely create games so there vision won't get thrown off based on what the big wigs think is going to make them money.

# 56 23 @ 10/22/13 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
you forgot me..
Im talking like so recent they should've been there with THIS game

Quote:
Trust me I know, I bought every one that ever came out and from 06 to 09 none of those games was worth 20 to me.
I can't disagree. 06 was a travesty because every feature on it was greyed out. They were promising stuff like players diving into the crowd for loose balls, and that was never accomplished in those years you named.

07 should've been cancelled because it was that bad.

08 was more playable and had some sig stuff in it but not playable for long because it was hard to stomach more than a game.

09 had some nice ideas like the team practice gym, but it just never goes beyond that. Its like these guys stay at the mediocre level as if thats the best they can do, and im starting to think thats all they are, sadly.

# 57 Jay Jay @ 10/22/13 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im talking like so recent they should've been there with THIS game

I can't disagree. 06 was a travesty because every feature on it was greyed out. They were promising stuff like players diving into the crowd for loose balls, and that was never accomplished in those years you named.

07 should've been cancelled because it was that bad.

08 was more playable and had some sig stuff in it but not playable for long because it was hard to stomach more than a game.

09 had some nice ideas like the team practice gym, but it just never goes beyond that. Its like these guys stay at the mediocre level as if thats the best they can do, and im starting to think thats all they are, sadly.
You brought back memories lol. I remember reading a article about players crashing into camera men and it suppose to show a replay from the camera the player ran into. Think that was suppose to be in 06 if im not mistaken.

# 58 noshun @ 10/22/13 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im talking like so recent they should've been there with THIS game.
brent neilsen who I emailed for 07(which you saw) is also on live 14....

# 59 23 @ 10/22/13 02:26 AM
Quote:
You brought back memories lol. I remember reading a article about players crashing into camera men and it suppose to show a replay from the camera the player ran into. Think that was suppose to be in 06 if im not mistaken.
Yep in 06, and somehow it never went past that. I think Playmakers was the one who edited the entire game to make it semi playable and he did it every year, but I think he stopped after Live 09, he just gave up. I edited 10 and Bigg D took it from there, which for whatever reason, they always messed up the ratings and tendencies horribly.

# 60 Jay Jay @ 10/22/13 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
brent neilsen who I emailed for 07(which you saw) is also on live 14....
Brent Neilsen back on Live? Ain't he the one responsible for the foot work in 07 I think, when the players was stuck to the ground like they had concrete shoes on?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.