Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted a new blog talking about how you control the handle in NBA Live 14. The blog features information about the new dribbling system in the game, with information about the three different levels of dribble moves that you as a player can utilize in order to get defenders out of position.

Level one moves are basic ballhandler moves like crossovers, hesitations, behind the back, etc. Level two moves are a bit more complex, adding motion and momentum to the moves above to chain together moves. Level three moves are the signature moves which you can use to drive to the basket.

No information was given on how these moves will vary amongst players, especially those who simply can't do level three type of moves -- also will be interesting to see how the defense will defend. All in due time I suppose!

How You Control the Handle in NBA Live 14

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bumpyface @ 10/23/13 04:21 PM
Doesn't look bad. EA just needs to get the competition going. Whether they reach 2k sales or not, just keep the competition going. A lot of people don't realize that there are basketball fans out there waiting on a change. A lot of people are not happy with 2k's canimations and lack of organic gameplay. I'll play both next gen titles. I'm looking for the best organic basketball experience, with the most control. I miss the days were my hard work on the sticks and basketball IQ determine the victor of the game.

# 62 mlp111 @ 10/23/13 04:28 PM
dribbling looks great, we all knew that.. but once they move from a stand still motion, this looks like a low-end pc game that has 1000+ programs running in the background.. Why cant they fixed the jerkyness and lagg when players are in motion?

# 63 NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH @ 10/23/13 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
If nothing else we can expect to see very good ball handling out of Live and I also expect top notch presentation considering I believe they had an advantage in that with current-gen as well. I may not pick up Live as soon as it comes out, but I will most definitely get it when it's down around the $30 or $40 range.
thats true, if the presentation is at EA standards, and price drop to 20-40 bucks, ill cop

# 64 The 504 Boy @ 10/23/13 05:00 PM
Did anyone notice that this game doesn't seem to be running as smoothly as the trailers did in these dribble vids. looks more like 30 fps instead of 60fps.

# 65 knick9 @ 10/23/13 05:08 PM
Wow I think the dribbling looks great.

# 66 krazyboy225 @ 10/23/13 05:40 PM
I used some bounce tek yesterday..

http://instagram.com/p/fzINToAZ4a/

# 67 23 @ 10/23/13 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225

Youve been outdone already

******** async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8">

# 68 krazyboy225 @ 10/23/13 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Youve been outdone already

******** async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8">
Yo kdre you dont know how bad i laughed when my friend compared my over dribbling to that guy on the vine a couple days ago.

# 69 23 @ 10/23/13 05:55 PM
Oh man..that cant be a good thing LOL

# 70 krazyboy225 @ 10/23/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Oh man..that cant be a good thing LOL
As you can see im nothing like that guy

# 71 King_B_Mack @ 10/23/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225

I had to watch that a few times, thought you double dribbled at first few viewings lol.

# 72 krazyboy225 @ 10/23/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I had to watch that a few times, thought you double dribbled at first few viewings lol.
Loooll.. i have better pr than the nba live team,. I woukdnt realease footage of me double dribbling..

Oh and in regards to the video.. i think the dribbling looks really impressive.

# 73 The 24th Letter @ 10/23/13 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not at all, but im not going out of the way to show it. It was an honest question. Its not as if Live has never had proportion problems or players changing size in the middle of games before.
The must've forgotten the players turning into flubber in Live 10 :lol;

# 74 23 @ 10/23/13 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The must've forgotten the players turning into flubber in Live 10 :lol;
Man that scared the mess out of me the first time I saw it. It was awful

# 75 Shadojoker @ 10/23/13 06:33 PM
Is anyone anyone else having trouble watching this movie?? I swear I've watched this Call of duty trailer 15 times. It keeps playing over and over instead of the Live dribbling video!!

# 76 King_B_Mack @ 10/23/13 06:52 PM
I will say this much. I hope all this time they're spending on dribbling and getting that right, they put their best efforts into testing this thing out extremely thoroughly. Cause if the Lord and Savior makes another appearance at any point in game, that's a wrap the first time somebody catches it. No matter what good comes of the game, of BounceTek, it can all be erased with one outstretched arm

# 77 lynkraid @ 10/23/13 07:03 PM
Fanboys of 2k say what you like, dribbling looks good, graphics look good. Give it a chance before writing it off.

# 78 JBulls @ 10/23/13 07:19 PM
Dribbling looks nice, they shoulda put some o' these in their gameplay trailer.

# 79 newtonfb @ 10/23/13 07:47 PM
Do me a favor..watch the video and only look at his feet. Then tell me how many times his feet are "sliding" . If they slide doing a little animation like that imagine what they are going to do on other plays

# 80 yungflo @ 10/23/13 08:41 PM
looks sick and easy to pull off. the learning curve will be easier in this game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.