Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K14 screenshot comparison of Ben McLemore and Xavier Henry current-gen vs. next-gen.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Guapo516 @ 10/27/13 02:17 AM
Looking at some of the graphics in other games, I feel like they didn't go with better current gen graphics just to make the comparison that far between each other from current and next gen.

# 22 JayAtkHar @ 10/27/13 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techlive
With a new engine seems like this game is still based off animations this should have been addressed.
Seriously , why isn't the focus on improving the flaws ?

# 23 nova91 @ 10/27/13 04:18 AM
Next-Gen looks like crap and it will probably play like crap...

Spoiler

# 24 Kaanyr Vhok @ 10/27/13 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techlive
None that I know of actually but hey this suppose to be next-gen right?

You just dont dump 1,000s of cutting edge animations because you have a new engine.

# 25 Vote4dro2k @ 10/27/13 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
Looking at some of the graphics in other games, I feel like they didn't go with better current gen graphics just to make the comparison that far between each other from current and next gen.
Not that your theory is flawed... But how much better do you think current gen 2k graphics could've gotten... Look at the leap from 2k6 to 2k14?

# 26 Dr. Banner @ 10/27/13 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote4dro2k
Not that your theory is flawed... But how much better do you think current gen 2k graphics could've gotten... Look at the leap from 2k6 to 2k14?
He kinda has a point, I was sorta wondering the same thing, cause nba 2k graphics has definitely gotten worse... Nba 2k11 looks.noticeable better than nba 2k gamessince in my honest opinion.

# 27 Melbournelad @ 10/27/13 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
He kinda has a point, I was sorta wondering the same thing, cause nba 2k graphics has definitely gotten worse... Nba 2k11 looks.noticeable better than nba 2k gamessince in my honest opinion.
.....What?

Take a look at 2k11, then look at 2k13. There is no way you could honestly say that 2k11 looked better. Gameplay, that may be another story in the eyes of some. But graphics? Nope.

# 28 cthurt @ 10/27/13 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
.....What?

Take a look at 2k11, then look at 2k13. There is no way you could honestly say that 2k11 looked better. Gameplay, that may be another story in the eyes of some. But graphics? Nope.
I usually agree with you on your post Melbournelad, but on this I have to respectfully disagree, and I will explain why, 2k13 and 2k14's overall graphics aren't bad but its the small details such as bad lighting, less detail in the courts such as the shine of the hardwood, no player sweat not even a little bit, and the totally off colors of a lot of jerseys that make this game look worse then some of the other 2k games. I cant even say player faces look better when star players like Durant almost look unnoticeable. But still that's just my opinion.

# 29 Melbournelad @ 10/27/13 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I usually agree with you on your post Melbournelad, but on this I have to respectfully disagree, and I will explain why, 2k13 and 2k14's overall graphics aren't bad but its the small details such as bad lighting, less detail in the courts such as the shine of the hardwood, no player sweat not even a little bit, and the totally off colors of a lot of jerseys that make this game look worse then some of the other 2k games. I cant even say player faces look better when star players like Durant almost look unnoticeable. But still that's just my opinion.
No worries man, i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this haha. I will put in 2k11 followed by 2k13 when I get a chance to compare on the areas you mentioned (last time I played 2k11 i remember thinking it looked a step down graphically to 2k13).

# 30 cthurt @ 10/27/13 09:04 AM
Quote:
No worries man, i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this haha. I will put in 2k11 followed by 2k13 when I get a chance to compare on the area you mentioned (last time I played 2k11 i remember thinking it looked a step down graphically to 2k13).
Lol oddly enough I played 2k12 last night and was surprised how much better it looked to me since the last time I played it. Now 2k11 I haven't played in a couple of years so you could be right about that one.

# 31 Melbournelad @ 10/27/13 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Lol oddly enough I played 2k12 last night and was surprised how much better it looked to me since the last time I played it. Now 2k11 I haven't played in a couple of years so you could be right about that one.
Haha and you are probably right about 2k12, that was the one 2k since 2k9 that I didn't really play as much so I can't comment there.

But if 2k12 was the best graphically, that seems like a strange choice by 2k. They make a significant leap in that department from 2k11 to 2k12, and then it declines slightly in 2k13 (but still better than 2k11).

# 32 cthurt @ 10/27/13 09:27 AM
Quote:
Haha and you are probably right about 2k12, that was the one 2k since 2k9 that I didn't really play as much so I can't comment there.

But if 2k12 was the best graphically, that seems like a strange choice by 2k. They make a significant leap in that department from 2k11 to 2k12, and then it declines slightly in 2k13 (but still better than 2k11).
Yea I was confused a little bit from the graphical change in one year, but Im a minor details kind of guy so things I see, some people more then likely never noticed it was gone, or that it was even in the game to begin with. And I think that's why some people think the graphical change was done on purpose to make next gen look better, but that's a reach in my opinion.

# 33 Mintsa @ 10/27/13 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
xavier kinda looks like derek fisher in that CG dribbling screenshot.

the difference is just amazing but not enough to squeeze $500 out of me
See I'm the opposite, next gen 2k had me at hello......lol.

I can't give them my money fast enough.

# 34 turty11 @ 10/27/13 10:15 AM
i played 2k11 last night like some faces better than 2k13s

# 35 Da-Man @ 10/27/13 02:26 PM
Looks great but I really want to see a screenshot of Kyrie Irving.

# 36 Sundown @ 10/27/13 02:59 PM
Quote:
.....What?

2K11's lighting and player detail was much, much better. Sweat, realistic oily reflections, much better done than the drop that was 2K12.

The later games improved in animation smoothness, especially off ball collision animations, and players had better likenesses overall (there were some bad 2k11 faces) but 2k11's rendering was much better.

2k12 was the worst graphically since 11. It was the game where they redid everything, and the new shaders made everyone look dipped in Vaseline. Momentum was also mostly removed from AI on ball defenders so it was a slidey mess. They tweaked it in 2k13 so it's much better, but still not as good as 2k11.

# 37 The 24th Letter @ 10/27/13 03:41 PM
CG looks a lot better TBH...

# 38 WaddupCouzin @ 10/27/13 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
CG looks a lot better TBH...
Wait, what???

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

# 39 javicd21 @ 10/27/13 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
agree 100%

--on a side note anyone know where i can still pre order a ps4
Try your local walmart, it might be different where you live, but my friend preordered his last week. I live in New Hampshire.

# 40 javicd21 @ 10/27/13 04:34 PM
I was playing 2k10 yesterday and players actually sweat and their jerseys got wet. No other game after 2k10 did that. So the details of the other games might not be as deep as in 2k10 or 2k11.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.