Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

WWE 2K14 releases today. Play a few matches and share your impressions with the community.

Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bigbob @ 11/03/13 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Can't you turn weight detection on?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
THQ/Yukes changed something to weight detection years ago and it hasn't worked properly since.

# 142 CrimsonPatriot_92 @ 11/03/13 11:56 PM
I know this is an impressions thread but I don't know where to put this and doubt it deserves a thread of its own. But anyway, I just tried out something pretty cool. I just unlocked Original Masked Kane after beating him at WrestleMania 14. Then I decided to have a little fun and have him face the New Masked Kane. I don't think Original Masked Kane liked what he would become in the future.

I guess, unless it was already known for a while, what I did confirms that some wrestlers can face themselves literally.

# 143 JazzMan @ 11/03/13 11:58 PM
I love the ability to plug in a User Playlist for the menus. Made a big playlist of non-entrance music (aside from Bray Wyatt's theme) and put it in the game, replacing the rest of the menu music.

One of those little things that enhances the experience in a way.

# 144 CM Hooe @ 11/04/13 02:50 AM
I'm getting better user-CPU matches out of WWE 2K14 than any previous Yukes' wrestling game by leaps and bounds.

The last match I played tonight - Hulk Hogan against Big Show in my Universe - I took control of Hogan and proceeded to get wrecked by Show for most of the match; he landed two Show Stoppers and an OMG ring apron DDT, and he blocked my Comeback sequence. It took me nailing the kick out meter better than I had in any match previous, and multiple times (seemingly every time at 2-and-half), for me to buy time to get in two leg drops and win the match. It was an intense bout.

I had a similar bout earlier with a created wrestler against Yokozuna, but I wasn't able to kick out of a second Banzai Drop. I actually find myself legitimately losing to the CPU a good deal of the time, I'd say somewhere between 30 and 50 percent of my matches, playing on Legend difficulty. It keeps things interesting knowing that the CPU is a viable threat, and without feeling cheap.

# 145 elgreazy1 @ 11/04/13 09:49 AM
Haven't picked up a wrestling game since 2011 and this is by far one of the best WWE games I've played. Things that I clearly noticed: the controls are super responsive, load times are very quick especially in creation mode, menus aren't clunky, and the reversal system is pretty demanding, I love the action-figure like look of the player models, animations are pretty smooth, commentators have got a lot better, etc.

Overall, I am really loving this game right now. I'm playing through the 30 Year campaign and it's a great way of taking you on a nostalgic ride while introducing one to the gameplay and mechanics of each fighter. Haven't dived into Universe mode just yet. Xbox Live play seems fun, but right now I'm just playing with lobby-garbage, I'm sure if I can find a few dedicated peeps it should have lots of replay value.

# 146 Ice_Cold345 @ 11/04/13 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Haven't picked up a wrestling game since 2011 and this is by far one of the best WWE games I've played. Things that I clearly noticed: the controls are super responsive, load times are very quick especially in creation mode, menus aren't clunky, and the reversal system is pretty demanding, I love the action-figure like look of the player models, animations are pretty smooth, commentators have got a lot better, etc.

Overall, I am really loving this game right now. I'm playing through the 30 Year campaign and it's a great way of taking you on a nostalgic ride while introducing one to the gameplay and mechanics of each fighter. Haven't dived into Universe mode just yet. Xbox Live play seems fun, but right now I'm just playing with lobby-garbage, I'm sure if I can find a few dedicated peeps it should have lots of replay value.
Yeah, the WWE games online has always had the worst random in existence, from terrible CAWs (looking at you Orton/Styles tattoo'd PoS) to guys just spamming moves. I just go into games to do stupid stuff, like Khali doing 10 flips for his top rope finisher or just a bunch of taunts as a finisher. Sure, I love playing sim, but I like to goof off with people on the online and never take it seriously with my CAWs.

# 147 eremiomania @ 11/04/13 02:10 PM
Finished Wrestlemania mode last night. So awesome. Some matches were challenging, especially since I was going for 100% completion.

The sickest thing I've seen so far happened during the HBK vs Jericho match. I had Jericho on the mat and I tried a move from the top rope and he caught me with a code breaker in mid-air. I popped and pooped at the same time. AI is sooooo much better this year.

And how awesome are all the video packages? I grew up a huge fan from 88ish - 2000 and have been back to watching religiously since 2010, but I basically didn't watch at all from 2000 - 2010. So, it's cool to see all this stuff I missed during my vacation from sports entertainment.

# 148 Ice_Cold345 @ 11/04/13 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by molendie
Finished Wrestlemania mode last night. So awesome. Some matches were challenging, especially since I was going for 100% completion.

The sickest thing I've seen so far happened during the HBK vs Jericho match. I had Jericho on the mat and I tried a move from the top rope and he caught me with a code breaker in mid-air. I popped and pooped at the same time. AI is sooooo much better this year.

And how awesome are all the video packages? I grew up a huge fan from 88ish - 2000 and have been back to watching religiously since 2010, but I basically didn't watch at all from 2000 - 2010. So, it's cool to see all this stuff I missed during my vacation from sports entertainment.
Wow, yeah, that shouldn't of happened, he didn't use the Codebreaker back then. :|

# 149 shadio5 @ 11/04/13 08:29 PM
can we EDIT all the attire of each wrestler???

VC/2k sports fan

# 150 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/04/13 08:56 PM
Man, you guys are really selling me on this game. It sounds much improved.

# 151 Grumpykore @ 11/04/13 09:04 PM
Me and kids have been working our way thru the WM mode..waiting to actually beat the mode before starting Universe....i absolutely love this game..best wrestling game ever so far in the series. i have the season pass like I do each year. I think 2k is making a big mistake not giving us the Wyatt's...they are blasted all over both shows on wwe television... Cc has them but need tattoos to complete the package like wwe13 versions..awesome best caws IMO last year end.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 152 bigbob @ 11/06/13 09:17 PM
Hopefully 2K figures out how to cancel a taunt so that you aren't forced to be sucked into a move, because THQ sure as hell never could figure it out this gen.

# 153 Sausage @ 11/06/13 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
can we EDIT all the attire of each wrestler???

VC/2k sports fan
I believe so. Read on Twitter folks are updating wardrobes.

# 154 SoundTheAlarm @ 11/07/13 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I believe so. Read on Twitter folks are updating wardrobes.
Can only update the colors of the attire, not the attire itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 155 daveberg @ 11/07/13 06:04 AM
Is there a way to make the entrance theme music louder? It's barely audible.

# 156 Sausage @ 11/07/13 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundTheAlarm
Can only update the colors of the attire, not the attire itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the clarification.

# 157 turty11 @ 11/07/13 09:29 PM
is there an actual career mode or is it just that wrestlemania thing?

# 158 bigbob @ 11/07/13 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
is there an actual career mode or is it just that wrestlemania thing?
Unfortunately, there hasn't been a true career mode since I think 2009.

# 159 Ice_Cold345 @ 11/07/13 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Hopefully 2K figures out how to cancel a taunt so that you aren't forced to be sucked into a move, because THQ sure as hell never could figure it out this gen.
Well, it's the risk you run. You want to add more to the finisher bar, you run the risk of being caught wide open for an attack. Hence, why I irish whip them outside if I want to taunt.

# 160 bigbob @ 11/08/13 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
Well, it's the risk you run. You want to add more to the finisher bar, you run the risk of being caught wide open for an attack. Hence, why I irish whip them outside if I want to taunt.
If I'm standing there and obviously see someone getting up.. I'm going to be able to stop taunting. Randy Orton is going to stand their and hold a taunt if someone gets up before they're suppose to. So, no, it shouldn't be a "risk I run". Cancel a taunt, lose double the momentum.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.