Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The official MLB The Show Twitter and Facebook accounts have teased Monday, November 4th as a date we could hear the first news about MLB 14 The Show.

What are you hoping this is all about?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Thrash13 @ 10/30/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
What do you guys want? (realistically)
I want to see a side-by-side screenshot comparison between the PS3 version and PS4 version. We all know the gameplay is going to be excellent, but how much more will the PS4 pull out graphically? I'm excited to see because The Show's presentation and detail is already awesome.

# 42 Tarheelz50 @ 10/30/13 04:15 PM
It could be just a prediction of the score of tonight's red sox win.

# 43 sk @ 10/30/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I want to see a side-by-side screenshot comparison between the PS3 version and PS4 version. We all know the gameplay is going to be excellent, but how much more will the PS4 pull out graphically? I'm excited to see because The Show's presentation and detail is already awesome.
Look at NBA 2k14 to get an idea of how much they can get out of the console this early

# 44 Heroesandvillains @ 10/30/13 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
Look at NBA 2k14 to get an idea of how much they can get out of the console this early
Agreed.

All I could think about was The Show when watching 2K's next generation gameplay videos.

# 45 jct32 @ 10/30/13 05:56 PM
I would be so happy if I got a remastered version of MLB 13 for the PS4.

# 46 Blzer @ 10/30/13 05:59 PM
Quote:
I think you're either undermining the power of the PS4 or over-evaluating the graphics of The Show on PS3.

# 47 Thrash13 @ 10/30/13 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think you're either undermining the power of the PS4 or over-evaluating the graphics of The Show on PS3.
I just read my post again, and it obviously came off the wrong way in regards to graphics. I'm just intrigued by how great the graphics will be on the PS4 in a good way. There is no doubt in my mind they will be amazing just like NBA 2K14. My post makes it sound like I don't think they can improve much, and that definitely wasn't my intention. LOL. The Show is going to look amazing on the PS4, and I can't wait to see it.

# 48 Gagnon39 @ 10/30/13 08:59 PM
I can't wait to see MLB on the PS4. The only thing that worries me is if they "re-built" something. Even though they need to rebuild progress/regression and simulated stats.

# 49 Aeonix01 @ 10/30/13 09:58 PM
I don't think they could really do a "port" for the next gen. The architecture of the system is completely different, which, is why PS3 games don't work on PS4. For this release, they at the least, have to rebuild, or restructure the game engine. So, this release can't really be lazy. There would be work put into it, even to get the game to run. I'd say, this release may be a bigger leap over the last one or two games in visuals and/or gameplay. That is... assuming a PS4 version is being created/released for this year.

# 50 moose616 @ 10/30/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
I just read my post again, and it obviously came off the wrong way in regards to graphics. I'm just intrigued by how great the graphics will be on the PS4 in a good way. There is no doubt in my mind they will be amazing just like NBA 2K14. My post makes it sound like I don't think they can improve much, and that definitely wasn't my intention. LOL. The Show is going to look amazing on the PS4, and I can't wait to see it.
I think your original quote was very similar to my original thought when I saw this thread.

I don't think there is another current-gen franchise (Xbox or PS) that has more of its loyalists wondering "how much better can it possibly look" more than the annual Show buyers.

We all know MLB14 will be a beautiful game, even in its PS4 debut. However, with the dev team not having to worry about compatibility with multiple platforms, the sky is the limit as far as future editions.

Once they get their feet wet with the PS4, MLB 15 The Show and beyond could take gameplay & graphics to a unprecedented level.

This is the one yearly release that I never hesitate to purchase at midnight.

# 51 taylor89 @ 10/30/13 11:47 PM
I hope the ps4 version has different announcers, and I would be thrilled if they added more classic stadiums like Ebbets Field and Tiger Stadium.

# 52 Curahee @ 10/30/13 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor89
I would be thrilled if they added more classic stadiums like Ebbets Field and Tiger Stadium.

Russell already said there wont be any new Classic Stadiums anytime soon.

# 53 KBLover @ 10/30/13 11:59 PM
Quote:
We all know the gameplay is going to be excellent, but how much more will the PS4 pull out graphically?
I'm actually more interested in what might be possible under the hood on more powerful hardware.

All those things that still take CPU cycles but now there's more of them - AI, strategy, physics, like someone mentioned in another post with intelligent crowd behavior, etc.

# 54 LastActionHero @ 10/31/13 08:04 AM
Just give us one epic PS4 screenshot and I can survive the rest of November without any more info 😊

# 55 aguero90 @ 10/31/13 10:10 AM
As a visually impaired player, a big part I love to review is sound. I really hope we get a new play-by-play man for 14!! We need someone fresh. My idea would be to have who ever it is do a radio style play-by-play, it'll enhance the presentation by leaps and bounds. What do you guys think? Of course as a Yanks fan, I'd love John Sterling!

# 56 Sco291 @ 10/31/13 03:15 PM
14 The Show on PS4: what immediately comes to my mind you may ask? Well...

-bat/ball girls or boys
-much better free flowing movement of the crowd, behavior
-when balls are foul back to the back stop netting, the netting actually moving back and forth
-better moving player models including facial expressions (whereas now it looks like all players have had botox procedures haha)

and the one big thing im literally on my knees for:
EXTERIOR AND OVERHEAD STADIUM SHOTS, BUT MORE SO EXTERIOR STADIUMS SHOTS (with fans walking in/taking pictures of course)

# 57 VoDka187 @ 10/31/13 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I'll have a PS4 the day this baby comes out.
You probably buy your systems from the toilet store.

# 58 bp4baseball @ 10/31/13 05:57 PM
Mlb The Show sent out another tweet:

"Last year, you chose. This year, the players choose. Find out more on 11/4. #PlayersChoiceAwards"

# 59 kehlis @ 10/31/13 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoDka187
You probably buy your systems from the toilet store.

# 60 Bobhead @ 10/31/13 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Mlb The Show sent out another tweet:

"Last year, you chose. This year, the players choose. Find out more on 11/4. #PlayersChoiceAwards"
It's really obvious now.

Clearly Andrew McCutchen's brain will be hosted securely on PSN, and Andrew will select my team, lineup, and stadium for me every time I play The SHow.
No more having to make my own decisions.
This will be incredible.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.