Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA Live 14 screenshots. EA Sports will release information on signature moves, defense and more this week.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 JODYE @ 10/31/13 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku

What are you confused about? Shame on you for expecting more than you should from a company that hasn't put out a functional game in 3 going on 4 years. You honestly expected photo realistic graphics? That is a "you" issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If I didn't see a TRAILER with weird transitional animations I would feel better about these graphics....and more optimistic about the "they're focusing on gameplay" approach...
I would just be optimistic that it appears that they are going to be putting out a game that works and that you can actually purchase in retailers. That would appear that they are focusing on gameplay at least to me, because in previous iterations, there wasn't any gameplay whatsoever.

# 62 apollon42 @ 10/31/13 12:16 PM
It doesnt look bad, but if you told me this was a PS3 game, I really wouldn't think twice.

# 63 TalenT @ 10/31/13 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
lol wut.
Lol What???

# 64 d_m0n3y @ 10/31/13 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Your first post was cool. The one I quote was just flaming 2K. Right or wrong, I was just saying move on. That's all. As for Live, I'm saying folks WILL give it a chance. But they have to come correct and show that giving them a chance is warranted. Doesn't have to be perfect. But, evidently, more than what's been shown. There are MANY people willing to give Live the benefit of the doubt. But many of those people get ignored when they follow it up with slams at other products, or over-hyping aspects that clearly not up to expectations. Your above post talking about Live "revolutionizing" anything - that's a problem. Stop it. It won't do that and for folks to be expecting it to, or being told that it will when it clearly will not is not helping the matter. I'm not saying it can't. But that will take a WHILE. They have to get the basics first. Let them float before swimming. PLEASE.
I believe my 2 posts imply that I hope live revolutionizes gameplay in a small aspects (building a foundation) that could be built upon in future games. I ultimately want us to benefit from 2k and live's competition. It sucks that money talks and ultimately tells these developers "if it aint broke, don't change it much" because people are still gonna buy their game. I won't give them my money to help support change.

# 65 23 @ 10/31/13 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I would just be optimistic that it appears that they are going to be putting out a game that works and that you can actually purchase in retailers. That would appear that they are focusing on gameplay at least to me, because in previous iterations, there wasn't any gameplay whatsoever.
For that to be an accomplishment on a nex gen platform at that tells me all I need to know.

Im more conservative with my money and I think we had our fill of junk games (not talking about Live 14) on current gen.

My money needs to be earned, we've been down this road before, and ugly games with gameplay was played out back in 2002. If it was that terrific, Inside Drive and Sony NBA 09 would've continued til this day, but obviously people want more than half baked products.

# 66 ccoaxum @ 10/31/13 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
For that to be an accomplishment on a nex gen platform at that tells me all I need to know.

Im more conservative with my money and I think we had our fill of junk games (not talking about Live 14) on current gen.

My money needs to be earned, we've been down this road before, and ugly games with gameplay was played out back in 2002. If it was that terrific, Inside Drive and Sony NBA 09 would've continued til this day, but obviously people want more than half baked products.
well good thing this is game is not ugly(when not compared to the other company) lol..but we don't know how the gameplay is going to turn out tho

# 67 JODYE @ 10/31/13 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
It's a shame on me that I want to see more than just "a game that works"? It's a shame on me that because of their own inadequacies they had to miss 3 full years and that their product is visibly not up to par with other games on the market? Yea okay sure....

Look they decided to come back on the market. That means they should be ready to compete with other games and give people a real reason to buy and I'm sorry but just putting a game on the shelf doesn't qualify as that. It's great that you're willing to be optimistic with just anything they put out but, don't put anyone down that's expecting or demanding a next gen basketball game. And up to now all we've seen is dribbling and poor visuals so excuse me for not sharing the optimism.
But you're expecting photo realism from a game that 1. Has never had an art direction that would represent anything photo realistic and 2. from a company that couldn't even put out a release that was functional in 3 years.

If it doesn't qualify for you, then don't buy it. You expecting a company and a development team that was in shambles to reassemble and reinvent the proverbial wheel in one cycle on a brand new console is completely irrational and misguided. Your opinion is that the visuals are poor. That's great, that's your opinion. I don't think that they are that fantastic either, but I also wasn't expecting such based on the history of this company and more specifically this game. If you don't like it, don't support it. Plain and simple. But at least be realistic regarding it.

And I'm not sure where I'm beaming with optimism regarding anything other than them just putting out a game to the market. Did I say anywhere that I was going to buy and support? Nah, sure didn't. In fact you can ask other posters on here I've been one of their harshest critics and have no intentions of purchasing this years iteration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

And I'm with you 100% in all of this. I won't be purchasing either.

All I'm saying is how did people's expectations become so high in regards to EA and more specifically Live 14? Just because it's a new console, we should give them the benefit of the doubt and forget what happened all last gen?

I feel that yes, putting out a functional game is an accomplishment, seeing they haven't done it since Live 10. And that IS really all you need to know lol

# 68 Jano @ 10/31/13 01:29 PM
13 pretty much sums up my own thoughts on Live 14 and the direction it's going in.

Well said sir, well said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

# 69 King_B_Mack @ 10/31/13 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
you sounding crazy but anyways..being of the fact that i had every live and 2k game i would know which game did what...2k had sweat in one of their old games and it was cool and then all of sudden they just made their player face just get glossy sometimes when they look like they needed to be sweating where is when they first introduce sweat in their game(i remember the commercial they had with wade or shaq at the free throw line and they focused on that player sweat dripping down their face), they actually showed sweat dripping down their face....live always kept that way once they started to show sweat in their games...not sure why i'm focusing on this with you cause this is not really important for a game at least not gameplay wise!
I'm sounding crazy? Lol okay dude. Point blank, you said Live had sweat in their game before 2K that is inaccurate because neither game had sweat until the 06 versions dropped on the new consoles. It was both companies' "blades of grass" marketing at the time. And another LOL talking about you knowing because you had every Live and 2K as if the only copies ever made are the ones you bought. I have them all too. Google it if you must. Seriously

# 70 ccoaxum @ 10/31/13 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I'm sounding crazy? Lol okay dude. Point blank, you said Live had sweat in their game before 2K that is inaccurate because neither game had sweat until the 06 versions dropped on the new consoles. It was both companies' "blades of grass" marketing at the time. And another LOL talking about you knowing because you had every Live and 2K as if the only copies ever made are the ones you bought. I have them all too. Google it if you must. Seriously
having glossy face and actual sweat coming down the face is two different things..just going to leave at that.............man each of your post you been taken more words and turning them to the extreme not once i have said i was the only person in the world with games...so yea that make you sound crazy smdh...i done with you lmao..

# 71 bigeastbumrush @ 10/31/13 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

And a pretty game with ugly gameplay, legacy issues, bugs, etc. can be just as, or if not more, disappointing to come to grips with.

A lot of the people singing the praises over some of these next gen games are just doing so to appease their comforts from preordering these games sight unseen.

As far as I'm concerned, the only next gen sports title that has "earned my money", as you said, is FIFA 14.

And why?

Because I've seen the actual gameplay. Not just a trailer.

Every other game has just been smoke and mirrors. 2 weeks from release and they're dropping snippets like a broken faucet. It's absurd. All of them.

# 72 King_B_Mack @ 10/31/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
having glossy face and actual sweat coming down the face is two different things..just going to leave at that.............man each of your post you been taken more words and turning them to the extreme not once i have said i was the only person in the world with games...so yea that make you sound crazy smdh...i done with you lmao..
Good talk, bro....

# 73 23 @ 10/31/13 02:29 PM
Quote:
well good thing this is game is not ugly(when not compared to the other company) lol..but we don't know how the gameplay is going to turn out tho
Only when it moves

# 74 23 @ 10/31/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
And a pretty game with ugly gameplay, legacy issues, bugs, etc. can be just as, or if not more, disappointing to come to grips with.

A lot of the people singing the praises over some of these next gen games are just doing so to appease their comforts from preordering these games sight unseen.

As far as I'm concerned, the only next gen sports title that has "earned my money", as you said, is FIFA 14.

And why?

Because I've seen the actual gameplay. Not just a trailer.

Every other game has just been smoke and mirrors. 2 weeks from release and they're dropping snippets like a broken faucet. It's absurd. All of them.
You already know my issues with marketing... too bad customer service has taken a get out of here seat.

# 75 The 24th Letter @ 10/31/13 02:53 PM
The great thing about preorders is that you can cancel them...

Either way, I doubt Live or their competition will release their game without actual gameplay footage, it's up the consumer how patient that want to be in waiting for it I guess...

As of right now, all we have is a peek as to what well see next gen...all I ask is that those peeks actually look....well, next gen...

Hopefully we get some footage soon though..

# 76 23 @ 10/31/13 02:55 PM
Not like they have a choice now seeing as the systems are out in 2 weeks but I havent pre ordered any games myself.

Galaxy Note 2

# 77 The 24th Letter @ 10/31/13 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not like they have a choice now sewing as the systems are out in 2 weeks bur I havent pre ordered any games myself.

Galaxy Note 2
I feel you...

Ever since Live 07 almost made me take my entire 360 back I've been selective with launch games myself...

# 78 jeremym480 @ 10/31/13 04:01 PM
Honestly, I kind of like it.

I'm ready to see it in action and hear about Franchise though. If those are good maybe there's room in my life for 2 bball games.

# 79 Supersonic_BR @ 10/31/13 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
The art style in this game is so DIFFERENT in comparison to 2K14. 2K going for that photorealistic look this game not so much.. Don't look downright terrible but it don't look nearly as good.
I was thinking the same thing. Liking the fact that Dwight is actually looking at the ball while blocking it.

# 80 Goffs @ 10/31/13 05:38 PM
If I'm going by the screens alone I would've never guessed these were next gen. They could've released the game on current gen if they wanted to...

Good on EA though for releasing info about the game in the coming weeks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.