Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA Live 14 screenshots. EA Sports will release information on signature moves, defense and more this week.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Boilerbuzz @ 10/31/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
...if they really get this foundation set and this game is as solid or more solid than NBA Live 10 then the future is looking better for Live [b]than it ever has.[\b]
Agree with your overall post, but this...

Are we forgetting the Live franchise's previous positioning here? This was THE basketball game of choice for a long, long time. It's dominance was once thought to be on the level of Madden.

# 82 o Elevate o @ 10/31/13 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
I was thinking the same thing. 2K goes for the more broadcast graphical look, while Live has the "on-court" or "in-person" look. That doesn't look BAD. But I think people are expecting a more "photorealistic" graphical style going into next-gen gaming. Live's graphics look really detailed, but it's like it's almost SO detailed it begins to look fake, and LOOK like a video game.

Hopefully, Live goes for photorealism or a "broadcast" look in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
lol wut.
LOL, that's why I usually preview what I post before I post it. I don't really know how to explain what I was trying to say, so I thought I said it as best I could. (No, I was not high or drunk).

But to me, Live puts a lot of detail in their graphics, but they don't balance it out to look natural, or what you would see in a picture or on TV. I don't know, compare 2k's in-game Dwight to Live's, and compare both to a real picture of Dwight. You can look at Live and tell it's a video game. 2k's next-gen graphics looks like the real thing sometimes.

And I'm not saying Live looks bad, they just have a different way of going about their graphics, as others have said.

# 83 CaliDude916 @ 10/31/13 07:26 PM
Screens look great. 2 weeks from release and still no gameplay footage, though. I'm not expecting any either.

# 84 King_B_Mack @ 10/31/13 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I know exactly what you mean and I agree, this same video game perspective issue exists in Madden too, imo. EA, at least Tiburon, seems to focus on making high res video games versus making the video game look as life like as possible. This philosophy also seems to spill over into movement and animations, where EA's focus is video game control versus representing realistic motion.

The main reason EA sports games are no longer my cup of tea is due to the fact they seem to want to play up video game aspects instead of immersing the gamer with as much realism as possible. An apt comparison might be watching a movie in HD versus watching that same movie in HD at 120hz, where the movie begins to look like a live on-stage play, both look good but the latter is far more visually realistic.
It's looking like EA and 2K are Saint's Row and Grand Theft Auto with their approaches to be quite honest.

# 85 DaveDQ @ 10/31/13 11:07 PM
Something is up with the proportions. The net and rim look huge to me. Maybe it's the angle but it just looks odd to me.

There is a creepy feel to things..almost a lifeless look.

# 86 Bad_Intentions @ 10/31/13 11:36 PM
This game lacks texture. The jerseys, shoes, etc don't seem to have any texture to them.

# 87 Boilerbuzz @ 11/01/13 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Something is up with the proportions. The net and rim look huge to me. Maybe it's the angle but it just looks odd to me.

There is a creepy feel to things..almost a lifeless look.
I think it's the player.

# 88 sambo301 @ 11/01/13 08:58 AM
IRL Monta Ellis is a frail dude. Why is he looking so brolic here? Why does Dwight chest look so big also? It took EA 3yrs to make these weird player models?

# 89 El_Poopador @ 11/01/13 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo301
Why does Dwight chest look so big also?
have you ever seen dwight howard irl? dudes a beast

# 90 LeBronistheKing @ 11/01/13 11:22 AM
That was from a couple of years ago. D Howard is not that built anymore.

# 91 ScoobySnax @ 11/01/13 06:56 PM
Guess we aren't getting an update today.

# 92 JasonMartin @ 11/03/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
It's looking like EA and 2K are Saint's Row and Grand Theft Auto with their approaches to be quite honest.
2K is nothing like Rockstar. Rockstar puts a lot of money into the development, into decent/really good developers, designers, artists, music, everything. They give you a really good end product. 2K doesn't do that.

# 93 lakers24 @ 11/03/13 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
2K is nothing like Rockstar. Rockstar puts a lot of money into the development, into decent/really good developers, designers, artists, music, everything. They give you a really good end product. 2K doesn't do that.
You totally took it out of context and missed the purpose of his post. He meant in the art & overall direction of the games. Live(Saints Row) tend to be over the top more towards fun arcade, while 2k(GTA) tend to be more realistic and grounded in reality.

# 94 Boilerbuzz @ 11/03/13 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
You totally took it out of context and missed the purpose of his post. He meant in the art & overall direction of the games. Live(Saints Row) tend to be over the top more towards fun arcade, while 2k(GTA) tend to be more realistic and grounded in reality.
Come on man. Don't kill his thrill. He had to take his trollish cheap shot. That was his best opportunity.

# 95 Boilerbuzz @ 11/03/13 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
2k doesn't give you a good end product?
Oh. Don't feed the trolls man! . You know what the answer is going to be.

# 96 Gosens6 @ 11/04/13 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
2k doesn't give you a good end product?

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

# 97 King_B_Mack @ 11/04/13 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Oh. Don't feed the trolls man! . You know what the answer is going to be.
Wonder does he know that Rockstar and 2K are under the same umbrella? Eh, we'll just leave it alone.

# 98 Goffs @ 11/04/13 03:44 AM
Oh boy jasonmartin made it here on the thread....expect the next few pages about him...

Rockstar had what...5 years to work on GTA? 2k can only build on what they have yearly? Seems easy to understand....but then again.....lol

# 99 Sundown @ 11/04/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Riiiight.

And Live doesn't give you a product at all most years.

In B4 "that's because Live cares about quality".

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.