Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has posted a new NBA 2K14 next-gen MyTEAM screenshot, but still haven't mentioned if you can transfer current-gen features to next-gen...

Quote:
Coming to NBA 2K14 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One: Can you collect every card in MyTEAM? With a sleek new design, you will want to collect every player in the association.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The 24th Letter @ 10/31/13 01:05 PM
I was under the impression MyTeam didn't make it to next gen...awesome..

# 2 HakeemOlajuwon @ 10/31/13 01:10 PM
Too bad there's no transfert current-gen - next-gen

# 3 Gosens6 @ 10/31/13 01:12 PM
I guess this is our news for the day. Great piece of info for the guys that like MyTeam

# 4 Optik @ 10/31/13 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Coming to #NBA2K14 on Next-Gen: MyTEAM. Can you collect every card? Collect every player in the association
Who on earth would want to do that?

This isn't Pokemon.

# 5 jerk @ 10/31/13 01:26 PM
I love my team, really glad it made it to next-gen.

Sucks for people that nothing from current gen transfers over, but good for those who held out on current gen. Everyone gets a fresh start...this guy.

# 6 jerk @ 10/31/13 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Who on earth would want to do that?

This isn't Pokemon.
If it's anything like ea's ultimate team, you could collect a whole team and then get coins from completing that collection. Hope it's similar.

# 7 Optik @ 10/31/13 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerk
If it's anything like ea's ultimate team, you could collect a whole team and then get coins from completing that collection. Hope it's similar.
Pointless. One couldn't possibly get anywhere near the same amount of satisfaction of completing a collection for MyTeam as one would if it were a trading card book. You're actually just collecting cards with the latter, but with the former you're actually playing with a team.

# 8 jerk @ 10/31/13 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Pointless. One couldn't possibly get anywhere near the same amount of satisfaction of completing a collection for MyTeam as one would if it were a trading card book. You're actually just collecting cards with the latter, but with the former you're actually playing with a team.
How is it pointless? People stick with a team, upgrade new players here and there and instead of selling the cards they don't like or the duplicates they put them in a collection. Once they finish the collection they get a large amount of coins as a reward to do whatever they want with.

I'm not saying that's how it is in 2k, that's how ultimate team works and I quite enjoy it.

# 9 franzis @ 10/31/13 02:36 PM
Well if you can keep duplicates (see upper right corner) I assume that you can sell them when you like and probably an auction/trade/market system has been introduced in NG

# 10 jerk @ 10/31/13 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Well if you can keep duplicates (see upper right corner) I assume that you can sell them when you like and probably an auction/trade/market system has been introduced in NG
I hope that's the direction that they're goin, would be great

# 11 LakersForLife @ 10/31/13 03:43 PM
An auction system would be awesome, I would be all over this game mode

# 12 JohnB405 @ 10/31/13 04:04 PM
I am completely lost on what the point of this game mode is. Please someone help enlighten me. What's the point? How does it work? Thanks

# 13 G5XL @ 10/31/13 04:51 PM
Almost two weeks now. Leggo 2k. This is getting ridiculous. It's time to pull the curtain back and unveil your baby to the world. Stop being shy.

# 14 poloelite @ 10/31/13 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB405
I am completely lost on what the point of this game mode is. Please someone help enlighten me. What's the point? How does it work? Thanks
You're basically trying to put the best team together to compete against others and the CPU. It's really an expanded fantasy draft, but players are obtained in packs. You get to pick a name for your team, logo, court, jerseys, roster and coach. That's the similarities. Each game developer has nuances to their specific version, with EA putting out the best version thus far.

# 15 Goffs @ 10/31/13 05:29 PM
Even if I'm able to transfer this I would be SOL since I doubt you will be able to transfer 360 to PS4.

# 16 JohnB405 @ 11/01/13 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
You're basically trying to put the best team together to compete against others and the CPU. It's really an expanded fantasy draft, but players are obtained in packs. You get to pick a name for your team, logo, court, jerseys, roster and coach. That's the similarities. Each game developer has nuances to their specific version, with EA putting out the best version thus far.
Ok so it's a fantasy type of mode. Is it based on how the players play in real life?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.