Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB is back with a new video, this one looking at the new line play within Madden NFL 25 on next-gen consoles. If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Earl1963 @ 11/01/13 04:14 PM
I like what I see.

# 42 El_Poopador @ 11/01/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
What are you talking about??? The only reason it looks that way is because he has white sleeves and a white jersey his arms just look big. Look at his right arm... it's normal size! It's just the angle that makes it look like he is on steroids.
they over-exaggerate the pads under the uniforms, and it makes the players look huge.

His shoulder pads are huge in-game but not anywhere near that irl. and it should almost look like he isnt even wearing pads on his torso but that looks huge too. i get that they want to show that they have pads under the uniforms but they go overboard with it.

# 43 Jet Sufferer @ 11/01/13 04:18 PM
@EA unpaid PR team:

I'm talking about the Madden GAME. They have been making it this generation for 9 years, and released 9 games.

I don't care who is in charge now, then, or in the future, I am a CONSUMER.

If you guys want to keep re starting the clock every time someone gets fired that's on YOU!!

9 years.

Next gen will be their 10th bite of the apple in 9 years. With the added advantage of all this power and "building" on their current foundation, laying future groundwork, stepping in the right direction......zzzzzzzzz

# 44 dghustla @ 11/01/13 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I love how the players helmets move around like that. Is this game going to be perfect, no. I am really happy with the improvements I see though. I don't care as much about graphics as I do game play. The OL/DL interactions look much better. That and footplanting are the two biggest foundational things that need to be right. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I will be playing Madden 25 on my Xbox1 on Nov 22nd though. Can't wait
AMEN...you had me until you said....Xbox1 lol

# 45 Shakedowncapo @ 11/01/13 04:23 PM
I bet Rex Dickson is reading this thread right now like

# 46 dghustla @ 11/01/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
@EA unpaid PR team:

I'm talking about the Madden GAME. They have been making it this generation for 9 years, and released 9 games.

If you guys want to keep re starting the clock every time someone gets fired that's on YOU!!

9 years.

Next gen will be their 10th bite of the apple in 9 years. With the added advantage of all this power and "building" on their current foundation, laying future groundwork, stepping in the right direction......zzzzzzzzz
Listen to this guy. He is a Jet fan if anyone know about having expectations followed by continual disappointment it's him. I agree with the 10 apple bites. eventually you get to the core.

# 47 jpdavis82 @ 11/01/13 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
@EA unpaid PR team:

9 years.

Of course we don't want to, but the only way this game is ever going to get where we want it, is for it to become a simulation game.

This game right now is in a transition and it's transforming itself from a arcade based game to a simulation game. That transformation isn't happening over night. What's happened in the past is done and over with. I'm living in the present and right now, we are in a transition stage. Everyone wants this game to be something that it cannot be in the amount of time people expect.

You can't go from one person's vision to the next and the next and so on like Madden has and expect consistent results.

Most sports games have had the same people leading them for years and years, Madden has not had that. Until we have a team in place going after a consistent and clear goal, which is what we have right now, the game will never get where we want it.

Games like FIFA and NBA, NHL, they have had years and years of the same people in charge of their games and been working on specific goals and direction.

We haven't even scratched the surface of where this game is about to go.

# 48 dlk90514 @ 11/01/13 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
they over-exaggerate the pads under the uniforms, and it makes the players look huge.

His shoulder pads are huge in-game but not anywhere near that irl. and it should almost look like he isnt even wearing pads on his torso but that looks huge too. i get that they want to show that they have pads under the uniforms but they go overboard with it.
I see what you are saying, but I really think that it has to do with the camera position and angle. Look at the video of Geno Smith stepping up and then throwing. I think the pads look fine on him, also I think that his throwing motion looks pretty damn good.

Is it only me that thinks that the animations and graphics look much smoother?

# 49 dghustla @ 11/01/13 04:32 PM
Quote:
I see what you are saying, but I really think that it has to do with the camera position and angle. Look at the video of Geno Smith stepping up and then throwing. I think the pads look fine on him, also I think that his throwing motion looks pretty damn good.

I agree with you.

At this point we are 14 days away from release/launch. Are the videos really gunna sway anyone to buy or not buy this game that was already planning or not planning too. I will get the game and formulate my own 1st hand opinion.

If the highlighted additions function properly and they've corrected some other bugs in CCM personally I would consider that a good game.

# 50 dcdreadhead @ 11/01/13 04:34 PM
Is it just me or is QJB's voice annoying as hell?

# 51 jpdavis82 @ 11/01/13 04:34 PM
Quote:

Of course it is not just you, see this is why I don't take some people on these forums seriously. People say they want players to move more realistic and more like say BackBreaker, but then people complain because the player models and shoulder pads aren't realistic enough. Do the player models and shoulder pads in BB look realistic?

I personally want realistic player movement, then they can go get exact measurements of the shoulder pads for all 32 teams if they want.

# 52 lakers24 @ 11/01/13 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdreadhead
not just you, I've thought it for awhile

# 53 dghustla @ 11/01/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdreadhead
dang I thought it was just me. Its really really annoying..I'm listening like what grown man says the word "tush" when not speaking to his 2 year old daughter?

# 54 Don Jon @ 11/01/13 04:37 PM
To the guys looking for the gifs,

http://www.reactiongifs.com/tag/feelings/

# 55 Jet Sufferer @ 11/01/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Of course we don't want to, but the only way this game is ever going to get where we want it, is for it to become a simulation game.

This game right now is in a transition and it's transforming itself from a arcade based game to a simulation game. That transformation isn't happening over night. What's happened in the past is done and over with. I'm living in the present and right now, we are in a transition stage. Everyone wants this game to be something that it cannot be in the amount of time people expect.

You can't go from one person's vision to the next and the next and so on like Madden has and expect consistent results.

Most sports games have had the same people leading them for years and years, Madden has not had that. Until we have a team in place going after a consistent and clear goal, which is what we have right now, the game will never get where we want it.

Games like FIFA and NBA, NHL, they have had years and years of the same people in charge of their games and been working on specific goals and direction.

We haven't even scratched the surface of where this game is about to go.
It's like the movie Groundhog Day in the Madden forums, I have no idea what year it is.

Your honor, I rest my case.

# 56 Don Jon @ 11/01/13 04:42 PM
My last post piling on the bad crowds, anyone notice how the crowd always wears the jerseys that the home team wears? For example, one out of four people are wearing the pats red alternate unis, and no one is wearing the navy blue home jerseys. So you're telling me that the team let everyone know their jersey color the week before, and everyone went out and bought it. And no one decided to wear the blue, come on, I find that hard to believe lol.

# 57 jpdavis82 @ 11/01/13 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
I think the point is that they 'pride' themselves on their visuals. But in all honestly their visuals look like turd compared to other games. Looks like a cartoon. So saturated and overly bright. The player models look like pillsbury dough boys. Nothing is photo realistic. If they said they didn't work countless hours working on grass and fabric and reflections and lighting.. then I wouldn't say anything. but they often talk up their visuals. And to me... player models is #1 when it comes to that.
In the past yes they did pride themselves mainly on visuals, but they are mainly focusing on gameplay with Rex & Cam, and haven't said one thing about the player models themselves being that great or even improved on next gen Madden 25. They probably just ported the player models from current gen and gave them the new 10x resolution faces. I'm fine with that, they can get the player models right in 15 or whenever they have player movement right.

What good is it to have photo realistic player models if they don't move like real players? Now with that being said, we didn't need 10x better grass or whatever, that was unnecessary with where the game is at.

# 58 kehlis @ 11/01/13 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
Literally was about to say the same thing. The countless amount of times I've heard the 'sit tight' excuse is ridiculous. I don't know why I even bother anymore
By my count? At least 4 years and pretty much from the same people.

# 59 kehlis @ 11/01/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What good is it to have photo realistic player models if they don't move like real players? Now with that being said, we didn't need 10x better grass or whatever, that was unnecessary with where the game is at.
You're right, I would sacrifice one for the other, but based on recent views, we still have neither.

Still though, I would be very willing to look past that for any sort of more realistic gameplay. ANY sort, where are those videos? That is singlehandedly the most important thing to me.

# 60 jpdavis82 @ 11/01/13 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
My last post piling on the bad crowds, anyone notice how the crowd always wears the jerseys that the home team wears? For example, one out of four people are wearing the pats red alternate unis, and no one is wearing the navy blue home jerseys. So you're telling me that the team let everyone know their jersey color the week before, and everyone went out and bought it. And no one decided to wear the blue, come on, I find that hard to believe lol.
I think they will be working on the crowds a lot more in the next few years, I think they just wanted to get the 3d crowd and sideline models in this year and will expand on them in the future. I fully expect to see crowds moving around and reacting to plays on the field in Madden 15, I also expect to see the players on the sideline interacting and reacting to what is happening on the field in a realistic manner in Madden 15.

Madden 25 next gen is just getting the code in place, I think Kolbe will get the crowds on par with what he did with MLB The Show and possibly exceed that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.