Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB is back with a new video, this one looking at the new line play within Madden NFL 25 on next-gen consoles. If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Nza @ 11/01/13 06:18 PM
Madden's animations are simply horrid. They don't move naturally. They seem to be floating on the ground. When you do see double teams and other 3 or more player animations, it just looks awkward. It mostly seems passable at real time speed, but the closer you look, the worse it is.

Just look at the DB going for the ball on Brady's throw. He misses it, but that last glitch like burst of velocity that suddenly propels him in front of the WR is ghastly. It has been in Madden at least since the PS2 era.

Some of the OL/DL stuff looks OK, even pretty damn good, but I still can't shake the feeling the vast majority of it is just a series of canned animations. I was expecting more from NG, as it's clear that OL/DL calls for a more powerful and natural animation system than what Madden is going to offer.

# 102 charter04 @ 11/01/13 06:33 PM
The more I read the comments the more I'm starting to come to a couple conclusions.

1. If you say you like Madden then people act like your an EA lover and must be getting something out of the deal. I like Madden 25. Do I wish it was better? Yes. I am not a game changer. I don't get anything. So just because someone defends it doesn't mean they are getting something out of the deal. I know for a fact these game changers don't get much out of this. Every one of them I have followed want to help.

2. Maybe we are just old. We all look back at PS2 gen Madden as the Golden years. Were those game really that much better or are we the ones who are different? Back when I played those games I wasn't on websites. I didn't know when they were coming out. I didn't care how "sim" the game was. I just had fun. I was in my early 20's. I have changed. I want everything to be "sim". I used to just get a rubber basketball from Wal-Mart and play ball. Now I want the official NBA ball. LOL. I think the kids in college love Madden as much as we did. I would have never played a game like OOTP. Now I really love it.

I want the game to be great. I really do. But, I just wonder how we expect a company to make everyone happy. I have fun playing Madden 25 and expect to keep having fun.

# 103 jyoung @ 11/01/13 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Of course it does! So is Black Flag and Battlefield 4. Look on youtube, they have current gen and next gen version comparisons of theses games and the graphics are almost the same with next gen having improved because of lighting etc. Why do people think that next gen versions of the games that are out now on PS3/xbox360 are going to be totally different?
I agree that the next gen Assassin's Creed appears to be barely an upgrade at all.

But Battlefield 4 is a huge upgrade on next-gen consoles.
  • 3 map points current gen vs. 5 map points next gen
  • 24 players current gen vs. 64 players next gen
  • 30 frames per second current gen vs. 60 frames per second next gen

Those are all massive, game-changing improvements.

# 104 charter04 @ 11/01/13 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
See: NBA 2K14

2K is setting the bar for next gen sports games. Brand new gameplay engine and photo realistic graphics? THAT'S why we expect more from some of these games
I'm as exciting for 2K14 on next gen as anyone but, they haven't shown us any more gameplay footage than Madden. Actually Madden has probably shown more. They won't admit that it was but, still. My point is I want to see what 2k looks like from the normal, playing the game, view before I have too much of a cow and start crowning it the next gen champ just yet.

# 105 Gosens6 @ 11/01/13 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm as exciting for 2K14 on next gen as anyone but, they haven't shown us any more gameplay footage than Madden. Actually Madden has probably shown more. They won't admit that it was but, still. My point is I want to see what 2k looks like from the normal, playing the game, view before I have too much of a cow and start crowning it the next gen champ just yet.
There is a video available from the broadcast/gameplay perspective. 2 Minutes of it in fact..

You point me to a video where EA has shown Madden gameplay from the angle we'll be playing at. 2K has, EA hasn't

# 106 m1ke_nyc @ 11/01/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Clint said he saw a few increased penalties with the new systems, but don't expect PI for another few years at least, based on the recent interviews.
Not good at all. You cant build sim gameplay if you don't have the rules of the sport in place. Hopefully these guys get these things high on the to do list.

# 107 dghustla @ 11/01/13 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I know it's what you were going for but this is unecessary and so far from the truth.

The old 2k/madden wars may linger but have pretty much dissipated. People just want to play football which is why you couldn't be more wrong.

People here are passionate because they want Madden in the WORST way to succeed.

I remember in college I had Madden 05 on constantly. In between classes I was playing, listening to Bruno, checking depth charts, etc. It was one of the most immersed games I have ever played.

I never played 2k so spare me the trolling nonsense that people don't want it to succeed.

I want to get back to fully being immersed in the game which I haven't been for a while.
So when I make that board generalization I'm a troll? Yet I just read 8 pages of anti madden generalizations as well as generalizations about ppl who actually like the video. Someone comments that a poster is paid by ea to defend madden on the forums yet my statement is trolling?

U may want madden to succeed. As I'm sure some of board might. I'm not dismissing anyone's concerns. Many ppl on here catch stuff i would never see like a coach facing the wrong way on a TD run. I want to game to be great instead of just good which I'm sure is a common goal for others as well. I was simply reaching out to JP to disengage from the same arguments with the same posters across multiple threads. Next time I will send a PM not to ruffle jimmies.

# 108 Gosens6 @ 11/01/13 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
What happened to signature throwing styles? Has EA ever watched american football? Can we get U S A developers who care about sports, not just foreign computer geeks?
Cause, 'Merica right?

# 109 Gosens6 @ 11/01/13 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
I don't get it
And I didn't really get your subtle racism against "Foreign computer geeks"

When in fact, I don't think any foreign guys work on this game. (Could be wrong, someone who knows can certainly correct me)

So maybe the USA guys can just learn to make a better product ya know, instead of being labeled as foreign geeks..

# 110 charter04 @ 11/01/13 06:51 PM
Quote:
There is a video available from the broadcast/gameplay perspective. 2 Minutes of it in fact..

You point me to a video where EA has shown Madden gameplay from the angle we'll be playing at. 2K has, EA hasn't
The Monday night football sims are. They just won't admit it. My point is 2K hasn't shown much. I think its going to be great but, they are mostly showing closeup, slow mo trailers just like the other sports games. Other next gen games have shown 20 or 30 minutes of actually game play.

# 111 KingV2k3 @ 11/01/13 06:52 PM
Quote:
2. Maybe we are just old. We all look back at PS2 gen Madden as the Golden years. Were those game really that much better or are we the ones who are different?
I find a way (which has become exponentially more difficult) EVERY year to beat the most "sim" experience on and off field out of EA's Pro Football title and enjoy (and play it to death) it EVERY year...

That being said:

The PS2 years are RELATIVELY the "Golden Years" simply because MORE THINGS STILL WORKED!!!

Basic stuff like Formation Subs / Auto Subs / Coach Philosophy Sliders / Accurate Sim Engine (and other assorted aspects of customization inside and outside Franchise / CCM) have ALL fallen by the wayside, presumably to waste the potential of a bigger, more powerful console on graphics and enticing the casual / head to head / online player...

I'd consider M25 to be the "GOAT" of the PS3 era, IF things that worked perfectly in earlier iterations still were in the game and still worked...

We still seem to "lose" more working features EVERY release cycle, which is frustrating / sad...

So, yeah unfortunately, the mid series PS2 games were the Golden Years, because all the above features were in the game AND actually worked "as advertised"...

# 112 Gosens6 @ 11/01/13 06:55 PM
Quote:
The Monday night football sims are. They just won't admit it. My point is 2K hasn't shown much. I think its going to be great but, they are mostly showing closeup, slow mo trailers just like the other sports games. Other next gen games have shown 20 or 30 minutes of actually game play.
They still showed 5V5 gameplay from the broadcast view that people play on. Madden hasn't shown any offense Vs. defense from the view guys play the game on.

Other next gen games that are not sports games have showed 20 to 30 minutes. The only point i'm trying to make is, 2K has show actual gameplay, from the view that we all play the game on. Even if it was only 2 minutes, it's 2 minutes more than what Madden has showed

# 113 dghustla @ 11/01/13 06:56 PM
Quote:
The more I read the comments the more I'm starting to come to a couple conclusions.

1. If you say you like Madden then people act like your an EA lover and must be getting something out of the deal. I like Madden 25. Do I wish it was better? Yes. I am not a game changer. I don't get anything. So just because someone defends it doesn't mean they are getting something out of the deal. I know for a fact these game changers don't get much out of this. Every one of them I have followed want to help.

2. Maybe we are just old. We all look back at PS2 gen Madden as the Golden years. Were those game really that much better or are we the ones who are different? Back when I played those games I wasn't on websites. I didn't know when they were coming out. I didn't care how "sim" the game was. I just had fun. I was in my early 20's. I have changed. I want everything to be "sim". I used to just get a rubber basketball from Wal-Mart and play ball. Now I want the official NBA ball. LOL. I think the kids in college love Madden as much as we did. I would have never played a game like OOTP. Now I really love it.

I want the game to be great. I really do. But, I just wonder how we expect a company to make everyone happy. I have fun playing Madden 25 and expect to keep having fun.
U might be on to something. There was no such thing as legacy issues back then.

# 114 charter04 @ 11/01/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I find a way (which has become exponentially more difficult) EVERY year to beat the most "sim" experience on and off field out of EA's Pro Football title and enjoy (and play it to death) it EVERY year...

That being said:

The PS2 years are RELATIVELY the "Golden Years" simply because MORE THINGS STILL WORKED!!!

Basic stuff like Formation Subs / Auto Subs / Coach Philosophy Sliders / Accurate Sim Engine (and other assorted aspects of customization inside and outside Franchise / CCM) have ALL fallen by the wayside, presumably to waste the potential of a bigger, more powerful console on graphics and enticing the casual / head to head / online player...

I'd consider M25 to be the "GOAT" of the PS3 era, IF things that worked perfectly in earlier iterations still were in the game and still worked...

We still seem to "lose" more working features EVERY release cycle, which is frustrating / sad...

So, yeah unfortunately, the mid series PS2 games were the Golden Years, because all the above features were in the game AND actually worked "as advertised"...
I agree and feel the same way. I don't think all those things worked great though. I remember many things frustrating me when I had Madden 06 for PS2. By then I was starting to want a more realistic game. I still didn't mess with sliders. I played default All-Pro. HA HA.

Next gen has been a disappointment for me until Madden 13. That is the first current gen Madden that made me feel like I did in the PS2 days. Madden 25 has been the same. Those are the only games the new team as worked on so far. That is what gives me hope.

I think you are spot on about online. PS2 Madden didn't have a great online focus. They didn't have online franchise. They didn't have MUT. I think this has hurt the current gen Madden. They have been spread too thin. I don't blame them. You have to make money first and for most. I feel since Madden 13 they are focused more on gameplay and I have seen the fruit of their labor even if some can't.

That is why I feel good about next gen Madden. They could have repeated what they did current Gen with 06 and only focused on visuals. Now they are going gameplay first visuals second. Sorry for the Book response. LOL

# 115 charter04 @ 11/01/13 07:10 PM
Quote:
They still showed 5V5 gameplay from the broadcast view that people play on. Madden hasn't shown any offense Vs. defense from the view guys play the game on.

Other next gen games that are not sports games have showed 20 to 30 minutes. The only point i'm trying to make is, 2K has show actual gameplay, from the view that we all play the game on. Even if it was only 2 minutes, it's 2 minutes more than what Madden has showed
I see what your saying. Were those 4 war in the trenches video's with Webber talking not from the gameplay camera? I know that wasn't 2 minutes but, it seemed like it was.

# 116 KingV2k3 @ 11/01/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
I agree and feel the same way. I don't think all those things worked great though. I remember many things frustrating me when I had Madden 06 for PS2. By then I was starting to want a more realistic game. I still didn't mess with sliders. I played default All-Pro. HA HA.
Touche'!

Yeah, now that you mention it, some of that stuff I mentioned didn't work "as advertised" but the folks here at OS / "Workarounds R Us" MADE them work, and the devs (unwittingly?) gave us the "tools" to do so...

Personally, I would HAPPILY trade graphics for gameplay and limitless CUSTOMIZATION...

PERIOD

I was hoping M25 was going to be a "Greatest Hits" of all the features (that were properly implemented at one time or another) FINALLY being "under one roof", and that's NOT the case...

I (naively) HOPE that NEXT Gen (PS4 / XBOX1) FINALLY has the space available to give us ALL of it and let us decide what we want to use in OUR games...

Heck, as much as I HATED the Vision Cone (fire away, peoples!), I do think those who want it should have that option (toggle on / toggle off, anyone?)...

# 117 sk @ 11/01/13 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
It looks like that club/rip animations where the DE falls to the ground is just a canned animation, and if that's the case that's disappointing. If you watch the one EA released with Anthony Spencer on the Cowboys, it the same exact result just different players. So are these 300 new pass rush animations gonna have an effect on the game or are they just for show?
What? lol.

EVERY offensive tackle in the NFL will try to push the DE past the QB if they beat off the snap.

# 118 apollon42 @ 11/01/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
THE COWBOY Did it almost 2 years ago...and we haven't had it in the game.

but we should be careful what we ask for.... they might spam that animation in our faces..like the David Tyree SuperBowl catch.
That David three catch animation was horrendous. Literally a once in a lifetime catches happened 5 times a game in Madden.

# 119 darkxsacrificex @ 11/01/13 07:57 PM
madden got a lot work on but here what ill say this is my last madden ill buy if this not fix

madden 11 team play hardly even got booted
madden 12 didnt like so didnt really play so i can say
madden 13 if u creat a community in madden and do team play 1vs3 2vs3 3vs3 etc any combination me and my friend in madden 13 got booted almost every game say we play 10 games on sunday 9/10 we get booted either i or he would every game

we played on xbox 360 since xbox screw me over aug i got a ps3 and will be getting ps4 at launch

i understand **** happen will u get boot but how many time we got booted every week very rare we could finish 1 dam game together

we play tons games togehter nfs undercover cod boarderlands 2 aliens colinal marines halo reach halo wars halo 4 gears of war 2 gears of war 3 etc we either play co op or just play online against other people its sad when we cant stay in more then 1 game when we play 10 games on suday both our connections are great any other game we get booted very rare

we try be number 1 in team play and thats imposible when he or i get booted every game we dont care if we lose we fight till the end all i want is stay in a dam game togehter and work as team mate and find a way to stop the other team

this the main reason im kinda secound guessing if i should even get madden i love football and since madden only game out there will have get it but if madden have bad connection for team play i wont buy madden again assuming they do renew the nfl license

# 120 reverend_heat @ 11/01/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
What? lol.

EVERY offensive tackle in the NFL will try to push the DE past the QB if they beat off the snap.
The issue isn't the tackle pushing the end past the QB, the issue is if the DE falling on his *** animation plays every time it happens in game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.