Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA Live 14 blog, which discusses how you need to maintain a rhythm of the dribble, instead of spamming the controls. When getting into a rhythm, it becomes easier to chain from levels 1, 2 and 3.

The blog also discusses defensive controls and introduces the defensive slide feature. You will be able to attempt a dig steal, contest, and take a charge with the right stick. You will play against team specific defenses. So something that might work one night, won't work against a team that defends specific plays better on another night. You can adjust your team or specific individuals on the fly to come over the top of screens or go underneath, force players a certain direction, pressure the ball, post defense, double teams and more.

Make sure you read the entire blog here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 shutdown10 @ 11/04/13 10:49 AM
I was just joking with the ran off part a little, but if you were viewing his previous post you would see that he was only answering the positive questions. I remember when NBA live 10 was marketing their game and Mike Wang(Beluba) and another developer were on here answering all the tough questions. I like NBA live and want the game to succeed, but the way they are handling things when they need to make a good impression is telling.

# 242 RangersCruz @ 11/04/13 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I was just joking with the ran off part a little, but if you were viewing his previous post you would see that he was only answering the positive questions. I remember when NBA live 10 was marketing their game and Mike Wang(Beluba) and another developer were on here answering all the tough questions. I like NBA live and want the game to succeed, but the way they are handling things when they need to make a good impression is telling.
Well they can really say what they want but fans will be waiting for the gameplay

# 243 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
It seems we may have ran OG sports off the forum for now because the questions were getting more difficult. I hope he brings this information to EA that the community means business and will not settle for an unpolished game. The other game will not be resting on their laurels next gen, so EA better go hard or stay home for good.
I just think there were too many questions. Many he couldn't officially answer at the time. I'm sure he would LOVE to answer all of them, but I'd rather he kept working than sit here trying to answer every question. Some of them people KNOW he's not at liberty to answer at the moment.

# 244 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
those games had a physics system for players but not the ball. i dont think the ball was separate from the player for the most part.
mlp111 is right. The *marketing* of Elite 11 was absolutely implying the same system. And since that game was actually printed, it can't be dismissed. So, if it did NOT have "physics based" ball mechanics, then that would imply that the EA's marketing deliberately misled people.

# 245 oasis90 @ 11/04/13 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I just think there were too many questions. Many he couldn't officially answer at the time. I'm sure he would LOVE to answer all of them, but I'd rather he kept working than sit here trying to answer every question. Some of them people KNOW he's not at liberty to answer at the moment.
You're totally right, and i understand his position, really.
But damn, the game will be out in 2 weeks and we don't know, for example, online modes? There will be crew/club mode or no?
I can't understand how they can think people can preorder a game without information like this one.

# 246 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/04/13 01:42 PM
Actually OG is out of town. I PM'd him last night with a question. He said he'd get back to me when he got back in town. Don't know wwhen that would be, but that's why he's not replying at this moment.

# 247 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Actually OG is out of town. I PM'd him last night with a question. He said he'd get back to me when he got back in town. Don't know wwhen that would be, but that's why he's not replying at this moment.
Duty calls. He's probably doing some PR work for the game. Makes sense. Hopefully, that means more information on the game is forthcoming! Fingers crossed.

# 248 TUSS11 @ 11/04/13 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
mlp111 is right. The *marketing* of Elite 11 was absolutely implying the same system. And since that game was actually printed, it can't be dismissed. So, if it did NOT have "physics based" ball mechanics, then that would imply that the EA's marketing deliberately misled people.
I think we should distinguish the difference between physic based ball mechanics (live ball) and physics based dribbling. EA has never advertised having physics based dribbling until this year.

# 249 Saviour @ 11/05/13 02:58 PM
I like improvements just as much as anyone, but why are looking at these defensive options like they are unique. 2k has had defensive settings in their games for years. I do like the option of forcing a player to a specific side of the court however. That's a great option if implemented right. But any skilled 2K player will tell make their defensive adjustments before the game starts. 2k used to allow on the fly adjustments but it was too clunky to be useful.

# 250 El_Poopador @ 11/05/13 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviour
I like improvements just as much as anyone, but why are looking at these defensive options like they are unique. 2k has had defensive settings in their games for years. I do like the option of forcing a player to a specific side of the court however. That's a great option if implemented right. But any skilled 2K player will tell make their defensive adjustments before the game starts. 2k used to allow on the fly adjustments but it was too clunky to be useful.
thats a problem. you need to be able to adjust your scheme on the fly to counter what the other team is doing. if you gameplan for scenario a and theyre running with scenario b, then youre sol if you cant adjust.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.