Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA Live 14 blog, which discusses how you need to maintain a rhythm of the dribble, instead of spamming the controls. When getting into a rhythm, it becomes easier to chain from levels 1, 2 and 3.

The blog also discusses defensive controls and introduces the defensive slide feature. You will be able to attempt a dig steal, contest, and take a charge with the right stick. You will play against team specific defenses. So something that might work one night, won't work against a team that defends specific plays better on another night. You can adjust your team or specific individuals on the fly to come over the top of screens or go underneath, force players a certain direction, pressure the ball, post defense, double teams and more.

Make sure you read the entire blog here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RangersCruz @ 11/02/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I believe they addressed the fact that there would be no demo a while ago.
Well in that case youtube i can wait for reviews

# 102 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 04:43 PM
I'm picking up both. As a bball fan I have to see for myself if a game is worth my time and money. As much as I love and trust some of you long time guys on OS I make my own decisions.

I have both paid in full so if you guys want my input I'll gladly give it.

# 103 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I'm picking up both. As a bball fan I have to see for myself if a game is worth my time and money. As much as I love and trust some of you long time guys on OS I make my own decisions.

I have both paid in full so if you guys want my input I'll gladly give it.
Will definitely be looking forward to your impressions. I want both games to be good, I really do. If I can get solid playing time from both titles I believe that's a big win for basketball fans.

# 104 23 @ 11/02/13 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
but you would shoot the ball now on 2k if you hold the right stick a certain direction..live is not like that at all and besides live had the dribble stick first
I guess I could say Inside Drive had it first but what would that mean?

Its all nonsense talk to be honest. You guys with this had it first stuff, its a video game man.

Im waiting for IGN and Gamespot and Bleacher Report and the rest of those outlets to get an early chance to play and tell me how it is, but im starting to get the feeling its not going to happen.

# 105 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 05:05 PM
IMO it feels as though both companies put the kibosh on impressions so far.

That doesn't only mean Live. FIFA and madden are all in the same boat. I guess time will tell (12 days) what kind if info/vids/etc... we get.

# 106 23 @ 11/02/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
IMO it feels as though both companies put the kibosh on impressions so far.

That doesn't only mean Live. FIFA and madden are all in the same boat. I guess time will tell (12 days) what kind if info/vids/etc... we get.

Not necessarily a fan of either's marketing, but I've seen more and the media has definitely seen more on the other side.

OS has a write up from someone who played one of the games... That's all that needs to be said.

Anyway, im tired of seeing dribbling and , I agree with Shakedowncapo

# 107 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not necessarily a fan of either's marketing, but I've seen more and the media has definitely seen more on the other side.

OS has a write up from someone who played one of the games... That's all that needs to be said.

Anyway, im tired of seeing dribbling and , I agree with Shakedowncapo
23, as one of the greater basketball minds on this forum, I respect your opinion more than most.

I gotta ask though, how do you feel about the defensive settings and adjustment options Live has revealed? How about teams playing to their actual defensive strengths and playing true to life?

I'm curious to hear your opinion on this? Just as a different perspective on how i'm looking at it.

# 108 RangersCruz @ 11/02/13 05:12 PM
Can i ask you guys what necessarily from live did you see so far that is possibly worth 60 dollars?

I want both to succeed don't get me wrong but no gameplay and talk is cheap

# 109 Earl1963 @ 11/02/13 05:14 PM
Looks like Live 10 and I'm ok with that since I still like that game more than any 2k game ever. Love the responsiveness in control in EA hoops, very important to me.

# 110 23 @ 11/02/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
23, as one of the greater basketball minds on this forum, I respect your opinion more than most.

I gotta ask though, how do you feel about the defensive settings and adjustment options Live has revealed? How about teams playing to their actual defensive strengths and playing true to life?

I'm curious to hear your opinion on this? Just as a different perspective on how i'm looking at it.
I appreciate it man but to be honest with you im not being lulled in by words from anybody. Both of these companies have put out stuff in writing about new defense that sounds good but I'll make judgements when I see it because in the gameplay trailers I've seen none of this and neither have you guys... almost the opposite, and im not expecting I'll actually see it before release day which I will not be at the store in line spending 60 bucks just to find out.

# 111 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Can i ask you guys what necessarily from live did you see so far that is possibly worth 60 dollars?

I want both to succeed don't get me wrong but no gameplay and talk is cheap
Like I've been saying, and a bunch of others have said, these defensive adjustments and strategies have the possibility to add an entirely new dimension to the gameplay if done right and it works properly.

Also, it will all mean nothing if the 5V5 gameplay isn't solid. Is it worth spending 60 bucks just on word of mouth? Of course not. But just seeing what they have to offer has me optimistic enough to realize this game could be a real winner in the gameplay department if they even come close to authentic, sim gameplay.

# 112 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 05:25 PM
Marketing had definetly be suspect. For being the next great consoles, both have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Can't wait to see the write up from OS. I'm assuming your not at liberty to say how did it?

# 113 23 @ 11/02/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Like I've been saying, and a bunch of others have said, these defensive adjustments and strategies have the possibility to add an entirely new dimension to the gameplay if done right and it works properly.

Also, it will all mean nothing if the 5V5 gameplay isn't solid. Is it worth spending 60 bucks just on word of mouth? Of course not. But just seeing what they have to offer has me optimistic enough to realize this game could be a real winner in the gameplay department if they even come close to authentic, sim gameplay.

Thing is that could be said from either side, that's all im saying. The only difference is, one was shown and one hasn't been.... so really we haven't seen anything at all, and neither has anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Marketing had definetly be suspect. For being the next great consoles, both have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Can't wait to see the write up from OS. I'm assuming your not at liberty to say how did it?
I didnt understand the question.

# 114 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thing is that could be said from either side, that's all im saying. The only difference is, one was shown and one hasn't been.... so really we haven't seen anything at all, and neither has anyone else.
True, true, but my stance is this; We know what we're getting from 2K at least somewhat in the gameplay department. Yeah, we know they made a brand new engine for the next gen game, but if it just plays like an improved version of current gen, myself and a ton of other people will be happy.

Not only that, but their trailers have been astounding, and we have a general idea of features and how the game will play.

Before this news about the defensive settings and adjustments came out, Live was literally giving us nothing but bad trailers, suspect screenshots and dribbling videos.

The blog yesterday gave me a sliver of hope that they're actually TRYING to deliver a sim product. If they can do it yet remains to be seen, that's where my Live optimism is coming in.

# 115 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I didnt understand the question.
Sorry. Typing and shopping doesn't work very well.

That was supposed to be who did the write up?

# 116 23 @ 11/02/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
True, true, but my stance is this. We know what we're getting from 2K at least somewhat in the gameplay department. Yeah, we know they made a brand new engine for the next gen game, but if it just plays like an improved version of current gen, myself and a ton of other people will be happy.

Not only that, but their trailers have been astounding, and we have a general idea of features and how the game will play.

Before this news about the defensive settings and adjustments came out, Live was literally giving us nothing but bad trailers, suspect screenshots and dribbling videos.

The blog yesterday gave me a sliver of hope that they're actually TRYING to deliver a sim product. If they can do it yet remains to be seen, that's where my Live optimism is coming in.
I hate to keep bringing up 2k in here but they had some things to say about defense as well. People just didn't go ape over it and start claiming it to be bar raiser, and quite honestly there are things here and there in that game that we haven't had a chance to experience either, but then its all words.

There was a blog that said the exact opposite of everything we've seen so far, like Mr Irving driving to the hole and Amare bending down like he was about to take a dump, not jumping, then disappearing on the continuation video as Kyrie miraculously ends up doing a reverse on what appears to be a different angle.

Then we see Nash drive to the hole from a pick only to have Lopez stand there and not even move right in front of him..... I guess those settings and code was turned off because from what i've seen im hard pressed to think all of a sudden Inside Drive is all of a sudden resurrected.

Im not downing optimism, but I am raising an eyebrow at some of the over the top comments.

Lastly, I honestly don't care what EA says anymore, they've burned those bridges long ago. At this point 2 weeks from release we should be seeing this stuff and we still haven't, we're still looking at guards dribble in place in practice mode which is something I can already do on a current gen game over and again so its really a snorefest at this point.

# 117 23 @ 11/02/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Sorry. Typing and shopping doesn't work very well.

That was supposed to be who did the write up?
HAHA oh ok gotcha.... Aaron did the write up, sorry. Not even sure how much he gave considering he was so bummed about no 30 team franchise (Ive seen him skip NBA Live for the same reason only). That said he did a write up for OS and a bunch of others like IGN, Gamespot, Franchise.play(bleacherreport),slam magazine, etc....

# 118 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I hate to keep bringing up 2k in here but they had some things to say about defense as well. People just didn't go ape over it and start claiming it to be bar raiser, and quite honestly there are things here and there in that game that we haven't had a chance to experience either, but then its all words.

There was a blog that said the exact opposite of everything we've seen so far, like Mr Irving driving to the hole and Amare bending down like he was about to take a dump, not jumping, then disappearing on the continuation video as Kyrie miraculously ends up doing a reverse on what appears to be a different angle.

Then we see Nash drive to the hole from a pick only to have Lopez stand there and not even move right in front of him..... I guess those settings and code was turned off because from what i've seen im hard pressed to think all of a sudden Inside Drive is all of a sudden resurrected.

Im not downing optimism, but I am raising an eyebrow at some of the over the top comments.

Lastly, I honestly don't care what EA says anymore, they've burned those bridges long ago. At this point 2 weeks from release we should be seeing this stuff and we still haven't, we're still looking at guards dribble in place in practice mode which is something I can already do on a current gen game over and again so its really a snorefest at this point.
LOL damn man, this is why I value your opinion. Everything you're saying is spot on.

I'll be the first to admit that I genuinely got excited when I saw these defensive options and features, don't wanna go into detail about 2K again so i'll have to research what they said when it comes to the same offerings.

But I whole heartedly agree with everything else you said, which is why I can't justify buying this game without seeing how it plays first. It's just the prospect of said options being available, and actually working is salivating to a basketball fan.

# 119 jeremym480 @ 11/02/13 05:51 PM
Personally, I've never been a fan of complicated control schemes and these dribble moves look good and seem simple enough. I'd love to see Defense and/or Post Moves next.

# 120 GudStuffzz @ 11/02/13 05:52 PM
Not bad. If the finished game ends up playing like live 10.5 or something I'd say they're on the right track to recovery. Nba Live 10 was a pretty solid game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.