Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA Live 14 blog, which discusses how you need to maintain a rhythm of the dribble, instead of spamming the controls. When getting into a rhythm, it becomes easier to chain from levels 1, 2 and 3.

The blog also discusses defensive controls and introduces the defensive slide feature. You will be able to attempt a dig steal, contest, and take a charge with the right stick. You will play against team specific defenses. So something that might work one night, won't work against a team that defends specific plays better on another night. You can adjust your team or specific individuals on the fly to come over the top of screens or go underneath, force players a certain direction, pressure the ball, post defense, double teams and more.

Make sure you read the entire blog here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 23 @ 11/02/13 05:55 PM
As a basketball fan its exciting to have more options don't get me wrong.

My feelings aren't coming from the fact that there is more...both of these games had something the other didn't have, and that's one reason I could play Live in the past, well the ones I could stomach enough anyway.

Its some complex stuff when you think about it to be able to do any of this so its pretty incredible if it does, and that made ID special because they had some stuff working in sync back in the early 2000s, and one reason why you see it referenced so much.

Here and now, put up or shut up. Don't tell me you've got shading to one side of the floor but only show me D Wade doing the AO and the Steve Francis. Its head scratching even if you want to take skepticism or of the equation.

# 122 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
HAHA oh ok gotcha.... Aaron did the write up, sorry. Not even sure how much he gave considering he was so bummed about no 30 team franchise (Ive seen him skip NBA Live for the same reason only). That said he did a write up for OS and a bunch of others like IGN, Gamespot, Franchise.play(bleacherreport),slam magazine, etc....
Ok thanks man. Love the info knowledge as always from you and some others on he board. I really think Live needs to come strong with thise years game. That 3 year **** ain't gonna cut it this time around. Only going next gen and saying they've built it from the ground up may come back to kick them in the butt if this flops.

For our (consumers) sake, I hope they do well.

# 123 Supersonic_BR @ 11/02/13 06:26 PM
This game really feels like it is in the right path.

# 124 23 @ 11/02/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Ok thanks man. Love the info knowledge as always from you and some others on he board. I really think Live needs to come strong with thise years game. That 3 year **** ain't gonna cut it this time around. Only going next gen and saying they've built it from the ground up may come back to kick them in the butt if this flops.

For our (consumers) sake, I hope they do well.

Honestly man in not expecting the world from tyese games first year. Some of these companies got buggy dev kits late last year when people think they had 2 years.

I don't however like the marketing teams blowing smoke and being deceptive. Ive seen the live team be completely open back during live 10s pre release because they wanted to gain trust back. Don't believe me check some of the old threads.

I promise they're great reads and you'll understand more about why you see responses you see in the forums today. I bumped that wtf 3 year plan thread because it was one of them and amazingly relevant til this day.

Galaxy Note 2

# 125 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 07:08 PM
Yeah the3 year plan is pretty much a get out of jail free card for them. Atleast that's what they're saying and hoping for. But for a team that hasn't put out a game the past 3 years, IMO they don't have 3 years to build a quality product.

# 126 23 @ 11/02/13 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Yeah the3 year plan is pretty much a get out of jail free card for them. Atleast that's what they're saying and hoping for. But for a team that hasn't put out a game the past 3 years, IMO they don't have 3 years to build a quality product.

Well I'm not sure sakes projections are that high anyway seeing as everyone wont be moving to nex Gen right away but I agree with you.

Ill talk with my money too thia gen across all games.

Galaxy Note 2

# 127 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
They don't even have 2 years. With all the time they've had off, they should have brought it this year, and brought it hard. If 2K gets out to a major jump on this gen, which I suspect they will, we could see another cancelled 3 year plan.

Rinse, wash, repeat. They're not going to beat 2K in sales anymore, hell, 2K is almost on par with Madden when it comes to sales. EA should have done something revolutionary with 14. Graphics, movement, features, they should have went all out. That's the only way I could realistically see them getting back in this race.

It looks like it might be over before it even begins.

# 128 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 07:47 PM
Well what's also going to hurt Live is the other game is a PS4 launch day game and Live doesn't come out until the 19th. This is to bother me, but some will only buy one bball game and the other game has been a solid product for a while

# 129 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Well what's also going to hurt Live is the other game is a PS4 launch day game and Live doesn't come out until the 19th. This is to bother me, but some will only buy one bball game and the other game has been a solid product for a while
Exactly. Why EA didn't bundle this game with the PS4 like they did with FIFA and Madden is beyond me. I got the Madden bundle and now I don't even want the game, but guess what, they made a sale from me.

Peoples sheer curiosity, and others excitement of Live just being back would have sold that particular bundle no doubt.

# 130 23 @ 11/02/13 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Exactly. Why EA didn't bundle this game with the PS4 like they did with FIFA and Madden is beyond me. I got the Madden bundle and now I don't even want the game, but guess what, they made a sale from me.

Peoples sheer curiosity, and others excitement of Live just being back would have sold that particular bundle no doubt.

Don't matter bro. .... they got that defense tho

Galaxy Note 2

# 131 Boilerbuzz @ 11/02/13 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Love the responsiveness in control in EA hoops, very important to me.
Oooh... You're going to be piiiiiiissssseed!

# 132 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Don't matter bro. .... they got that defense tho

Galaxy Note 2
That defense (if it works properly) might excite a gamer like you and me, but to the typical Live fans, they won't even use those settings or even know how to.

Honestly, i'm not even sure how they're selling and marketing this game to anyone right now. I'm failing to see their plan with this.

# 133 Supersonic_BR @ 11/02/13 08:30 PM
Quote:
That defense (if it works properly) might excite a gamer like you and me, but to the typical Live fans, they won't even use those settings or even know how to.

Honestly, i'm not even sure how they're selling and marketing this game to anyone right now. I'm failing to see their plan with this.
He is being sarcastic. And i don't know why they will release the game on the 19th, as well, i agree with you, they are wasting potential sales with this move.

# 134 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
He is being sarcastic. And i don't know why they will release the game on the 19th, as well, i agree with you, they are wasting potential sales with this move.
I know he was lol, just gave me a chance to bring up another point. I just don't see who EA is trying to sell this game to.

Obviously that's a rhetorical question, but the marketing for these games has been mind blowingly bad.

# 135 Earl1963 @ 11/02/13 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I'm waiting for Live when I get my PS4. I need a new hoop experience with my new console.

# 136 RangersCruz @ 11/02/13 09:06 PM
Any numbers on NBA live pre orders?

# 137 OGSPORTS @ 11/02/13 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I believe they addressed the fact that there would be no demo a while ago.
Where did it say that?

# 138 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
Where did it say that?
Are you saying there will be a demo?

# 139 champsbasketball @ 11/02/13 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
Where did it say that?
will we be able to use these defensive strategies in rising stars mode?

# 140 WaddupCouzin @ 11/02/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
They don't even have 2 years. With all the time they've had off, they should have brought it this year, and brought it hard. If 2K gets out to a major jump on this gen, which I suspect they will, we could see another cancelled 3 year plan.

Rinse, wash, repeat. They're not going to beat 2K in sales anymore, hell, 2K is almost on par with Madden when it comes to sales. EA should have done something revolutionary with 14. Graphics, movement, features, they should have went all out. That's the only way I could realistically see them getting back in this race.

It looks like it might be over before it even begins.
Like you, I keep seeing this, "3-year plan" but with the cost of Next-Gen games to make, shareholders are going to want to see a profit and in a hurry. No NCAA = no wasted dollars!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.