Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his third Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. This one focuses on the IGNITE technology and next-gen visuals.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 03:09 PM
Well... that did absolutely nothing for me.

# 2 reverend_heat @ 11/02/13 03:12 PM

# 3 Damian Zero @ 11/02/13 03:16 PM
I know this is going to sound like a nitpick but who was McDonald pointing that block to? Was the Colt supposed to block himself?

# 4 Boilerbuzz @ 11/02/13 03:17 PM
I have to say that I completely appreciate the videos. This one, however, tells me nothing about *gameplay*. More Ignite engine talk.

Like:
The independents of the helmet. Nice.
The hair
Facial expressions on hits

Don't Like:
The Frankenstein'ing of the animations.
Still see quite a bit of sliding.
No facial expressions everywhere else.

# 5 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 03:18 PM
He's supposed to be promoting the graphics and ignite engine, and half of the video was to showcase Demarco Murray dancing and doing the same flip into the endzone we've had since 2002.

These are some of the worst vids iv'e ever seen to try and get people excited for a game. I don't know if it's bad video editing/presentation skills, or just a case of him not having much to work with when it comes to this game.

But come on, if you're going to show of graphics, you could have chosen a lot better shots/angles/lighting than what he did. Christ that was painful to watch.

# 6 unfriendlyghst @ 11/02/13 03:18 PM
"Ball.....veins.......sweat......great"

That was what I heard. Also, is this how the game will play? All zoomed in and in slo-mo?

I think I'll stay in the shadows as it seems that a true NFL simulation has eluded Tiburon again.

# 7 AmericasTeam @ 11/02/13 03:18 PM
Anybody else sick of hearing about the helmet moving, hair moving, watching feet, and the amazing crowd? This video actually kind of pissed me off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 8 reverend_heat @ 11/02/13 03:21 PM
Ok, seriously, I have no problem with the graphics, they are obviously an upgrade, how big of an upgrade is debatable, but an upgrade is evident. What I do have a big problem with, is the little things that are immersion killers. for example, CK throws the pass in the first part of the sequence, and while the play is happening in replay, who do we see standing on the sidelines? you guessed it, CK. It is simply jarring, it is a previous gen issue, and it has to be fixed

second, please, please, please EA, stop with the ****ing canned cut scenes, huuuuuuge immersion killer. Murray scores a TD, then an instant later the handful of defenders on his *** at the goalline suddenly vanish, and every other player is 60 yards back down field, and on top of that, DM doesn't do that stupid *** dance.

Gameplay must be addressed first, but we aren't the ones shooting our mouths off about Living Worlds interactive/improved sidelines, like it is going to be some great step up, THIS YEAR! stop jerking your customers around!

# 9 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 03:24 PM
At this point, these cutscenes/TD celebrations are sad to watch. If Tiburon doesn't go to real time presentation after this year, I will literally be in disbelief.

# 10 NDAlum @ 11/02/13 03:26 PM
If it wasn't for my online league being so much fun there is no way I would even think of Madden come next gen with what I'm seeing. As a person who truly wants the game to be great, it's severely disappointing to see all of these videos with so little promise.

# 11 BigD @ 11/02/13 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Anybody else sick of hearing about the helmet moving, hair moving, watching feet, and the amazing crowd? This video actually kind of pissed me off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Especially since all the stuff they're focusing on and promoting through these vids will be almost completely unnoticeable unless you play zoomed in like that. We all know the default camera angle will show practically NONE of this. Lame, and it continues to get worse with each vid.

# 12 SageInfinite @ 11/02/13 03:29 PM
First word that came to mind after seeing this video, Corny. Just like EA sports. Nothing but a corny video. Corny footage, corny commentary, just corny everything. This "exclusive" footage has been cheesy as all hell. Way to bring in the new generation Tiburon, lol. You'd think nothing has changed over there.

Still love the helmet moving detail, and upclose the graphics are gorgeous. Not the player models, but the actual graphics fidelity.

# 13 SageInfinite @ 11/02/13 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
If it wasn't for my online league being so much fun there is no way I would even think of Madden come next gen with what I'm seeing. As a person who truly wants the game to be great, it's severely disappointing to see all of these videos with so little promise.

*DEAD* I love that gif.

# 14 wordtobigbird @ 11/02/13 03:31 PM
Quote:
xxman26utdxx 11 seconds ago
How much EA paying you Q?!

# 15 reverend_heat @ 11/02/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
I think he's running out of stuff to talk about because wasn't yesterday's video about graphics too? Instead of it being called True Step and Enhanced Graphics it's called IGNITE Technology and Next Definition Visuals. Lol isn't that the same thing? I'm curious to see what he posts tomorrow and I really don't want to be mean but MAN THAT VOICE.

Tomorrow's video will be a highlight remix of the first three videos released, here is a quick preview. In living worlds, the dev's have implemented actual real-life stadium promotions into the game this year. For instance, here is a screenshot of a promo from the Patriots this year, it's called, The you can't get into the stadium unless you have a Vince Wilfork or Santonio Holmes jersey on Day.

# 16 wordtobigbird @ 11/02/13 03:35 PM
So is that helmet to helmet on Kaep a penalty? It should be right? Lol.

# 17 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 03:35 PM
In all seriousness, I know we have a lot to say about how bad these vids have been, but what in the bloody hell was EA thinking allowing their product to be marketed like this?

This wouldn't even excite the most casual gamer of the series. It's like they don't care about sales, don't care about people are perceiving this game. Are they just putting a game out on next gen because they can? Because they know people want a football game for their next gen console?

This is HORRIBLE marketing, horrible, horrible, horrible. Nothing in these trailers have impressed me, and this most recent one has actually turned me off from even wanting to play the game. Just damn.. The thought process that goes into some of these decisions is mind boggling.

I didn't even enjoy 2K football that much back in the day, I actually played Madden over 2K5 that year, but I promise you if EA didn't have the exclusive license, we really might be looking at a world without Madden football. Or at least a world with EA making a decent damn football game.

# 18 worldindus @ 11/02/13 03:37 PM
video looks awesome. Can't wait to get this game!

# 19 wordtobigbird @ 11/02/13 03:37 PM
Did Murray just walk to the sideline and then they cut to him in the corner of the endzone alone and the guy goes crazy because he's dancing? C'mon man!

The helmet effect is pretty cool. That's the attention of detail that needs to be taken to everything else that isn't graphic detail.

# 20 speedbreaker @ 11/02/13 03:39 PM
2k football where are you please come back!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.