Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his third Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. This one focuses on the IGNITE technology and next-gen visuals.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 wordtobigbird @ 11/07/13 01:09 PM
Again, I've seen what they are saying in the official press released and I am positive about where they are taking it. I understand the internet is full of idiots that will attack them. But if there wanted to avoid that they wouldn't have any personal internet presence to protect themselves.

I just mean there are manyyyyyy unanswered questions about the game in general that could use clarification. Why is the best info we have on penalties a post from KBLover and not an EAdev? If everyone in the slider thread is scratching their head about how this **** works why can't they post there (where people obviously like the game and are trying to enjoy it) and explain it?

# 222 Boilerbuzz @ 11/07/13 01:31 PM
For me, it's not that I don't believe what they are hyping. Outside of the blocking, my MAIN problem is that they are hyping crap I don't care about. True step is cool. But if it is on top of stodgy animations, why do I care? You're talking about interactive sidelines. How does that translate to the action on the field? Not at all. You're talking about varied crowd animations. So? I never see them on the field. Now, I do like immersion. But if I never get that from the action on the field, you've already lost me! Why can't they see that? If I complete a pass that should have been covered, you lost me. If I get tackled by a defender that I never see shed his block, you lost me. If I can't mix my front and coverages, you lost me. If a pass looks like someone tied it to a clothe line on a pass I'm trying to put over the linebacker's head, you lost me. If IGNITE doesn't address these things, I don't care.

That's just *me*. Sorry for the rant - yet again.

# 223 roadman @ 11/07/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Spot on.... Exactly how I feel. it honestly is Sorta embarrassing that they are porting 90% of the current gen and then state they have been working tirelessly for TWO YEARS!

On what exactly? Couldn't build a new game that LOOKS NOTHING LIKE WHAT WE HAVE HAD FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS!!!

Same animations.... Check
Stupid throwing motions.... Check
Stale atmosphere.... Check
Robotic animations... Check
New tech with STRICT limitations.... Check
Same playbooks... Check
Same gameplay legacy issues.... I'm assuming CHECK!
Stale Atmosphere- huh? Crowd standing on a long pass, crowd cheering and standing for home defense on third down.

Same Pass Blocking?
Same Upfield Rush from DE.....CG never had one
Same Pocket Formation
Same AI?
Same Player Sense?

# 224 Pared @ 11/07/13 10:17 PM
Can't wait to try this game out. A truly next-gen experience. I will enjoy not playing and just using a replay to view and the new blades of grass and the shifting of helmets.

I need to dive in the end zone with the same animation for over 5 years now. On pins and needles here.

I'm counting the days down.

# 225 Sturzinator @ 11/07/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Stale Atmosphere- huh? Crowd standing on a long pass, crowd cheering and standing for home defense on third down.

Same Pass Blocking?
Same Pocket Formation
Same AI?
Same Player Sense?
Madden usually sounds good conceptually (player sense, improved AI, better pass blocking, etc) but the track record for proper implementation and functionality has been consistently poor.

I had to laugh when you mentioned the home crowd cheering for the D on third down. All I could think of is the home crowds on M25 booing a challenge that is decided in their favor, as happens ALL THE TIME.

I will reserve final judgement until they can showcase the finished product (hopefully minus the legacy issues as well) but I remain highly skeptical.

I will say that the living worlds trailer they released went beyond my low expectations based on the information that was previously showcased and dissected here. Perhaps there are more small surprises in store.

# 226 Boilerbuzz @ 11/07/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Same Pass Blocking?
Same Pocket Formation
Same AI?
Same Player Sense?
I will vouch for the noticeable improvements in pass blocking. I said so in my post. The rest of the stuff you mentioned is exactly point. I don't see the crowd when I'm trying to weave my way to the goal line. Player Sense, to me, is just yet another EA buzzword until I see a TANGIBLE impact on the gameplay. To me, all it tells me is that the AI engineers are using less efficient algorithms. For now. Again, we will see. I'm not arguing your post. I'm just saying that outside of the pass blocking, the advancements that I would have hoped to be made I this next gen are not currently on the menu. I see of lot of features to improve the experience overall. But the components that are a block for me are not there.

# 227 roadman @ 11/07/13 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I will vouch for the noticeable improvements in pass blocking. I said so in my post. The rest of the stuff you mentioned is exactly point. I don't see the crowd when I'm trying to weave my way to the goal line. Player Sense, to me, is just yet another EA buzzword until I see a TANGIBLE impact on the gameplay. To me, all it tells me is that the AI engineers are using less efficient algorithms. For now. Again, we will see. I'm not arguing your post. I'm just saying that outside of the pass blocking, the advancements that I would have hoped to be made I this next gen are not currently on the menu. I see of lot of features to improve the experience overall. But the components that are a block for me are not there.
Understand completely, I need to see for myself the extra things I included. Hearing the interview a few weeks ago, I think we are a few years away from a true NFL experience, in my book, but, at least there is a time frame to set sights on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.