Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his final Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. Hopefully EA Sports will start showing true gameplay on a standard camera angle this week.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SmashMan @ 11/03/13 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
These same guys told me not to expect a ton of improvements on M25 next gen but that M15 would blow people away. I have zero reason not to trust my sources about this.
I know I'm not one of the guys that usually jumps on you for your optimism, but for what it's worth, this is literally the exact same thing you said leading up to this year's game and its' next-gen counterpart.

# 82 kehlis @ 11/03/13 11:45 PM
Quote:
You lost me at nothing was accomplished, that's a flat out lie. Everyone who I've talked to who has had a chance to play the game, including a big time 2k guy I talked to on twitter, told me that the game feels more realistic, the pocket forms realistically and the game overall is a lot better on next gen.

Maybe what some people wanted wasnt accomplished in ONE year not two, but don't say nothing was accomplished.
Quote:
My hope and excitement comes from what I know from people who have been telling me since Cams arrival what was coming. These same guys told me not to expect a ton of improvements on M25 next gen but that M15 would blow people away. I have zero reason not to trust my sources about this. They told me what to expect in M13, M25 cg, and now M25 next gen and M15. They've been almost 100% accurate with what they've told me so regardless of what people want to believe I am expecting what they are telling me to be exactly what these games are. I'm a very integrity based person and I wouldn't just make these statements without having a reason to. I originally said what I did about M 25 next gen because IMO I felt that would happen with the game, then my trusted friends I'm talking about quickly brought it back to earth to let people know that M15 would be THAT game and from now on after that. They've been right so far, lets hope they continue to be.
You realize this does nothing for us right?

What do these private conversations you've had prove anything? You've been saying this stuff for years. Why would we start believing you now?

Where is the proof? Where is the gameplay?

You can say you heard this or you heard that all day long and it isn't going to proove anything despite your belief that it should.

# 83 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You realize this does nothing for us right?

What do these private conversations you've had prove anything? You've been saying this stuff for years. Why would we start believing you now?

Where is the proof? Where is the gameplay?

You can say you heard this or you heard that all day long and it isn't going to proove anything despite your belief that it should.
I understand, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say around this time next year.

# 84 Boilerbuzz @ 11/03/13 11:57 PM
Quote:
You guys do realize that these are just videos posted on Qjb's personal YT account right? They are not official EA videos in any shape or fashion.
You do realize that these videos ARE sanctioned by EA and they control the content, right. It's as "official" as an "unofficial" video can be.

# 85 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
I just really don't understand comments like this, it's like you people close your eyes and ears to the people that bring up valid points, even when they show you visuals you still seem to spew this loyalist garbage. I guarantee you no Madden game to date can be mistaken for APF and it damn sure aint because people are bias. I'm just gonna leave these with you and see if you yell LA LA LA with your eyes closed and hands glued to your ears.

Holy Jesus man. I'm floored by how much was in APF.

# 86 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 12:29 AM
Quote:
You lost me at nothing was accomplished, that's a flat out lie. Everyone who I've talked to who has had a chance to play the game, including a big time 2k guy I talked to on twitter, told me that the game feels more realistic, the pocket forms realistically and the game overall is a lot better on next gen.

Maybe what some people wanted wasnt accomplished in ONE year not two, but don't say nothing was accomplished.
I'll back up the work on the pocket. It was really good. The presnap reads were great. This aspect of the game is looking up.

# 87 The JareBear @ 11/04/13 12:38 AM
Quote:
I think they said it was their target, I expect the crowds and sidelines to look like that in Madden 15.
Yeah JP, just wait till next year!

Haven't heard that before.

# 88 kehlis @ 11/04/13 01:09 AM
Quote:
I understand, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say around this time next year.
Lol. Okay Josh, we haven't heard that from you before...

# 89 TjJunior @ 11/04/13 01:28 AM
I played gameday on PS1, 2K on PS2 and then was left with no choice but to start playing Madden. My thoughts, there needs to be another option for football fans. Doesn't even have to be NFL for me just another option for folks that enjoy to play football games. How can I get pumped for a new system when the game the sport that I wish to play most is represented by a company that hasn't even shown concern to putting out a quality product? EA is not a very good representation of the NFL, but since the actual players of the league are some pretty questionable characters, I guess its congruent.

# 90 bc21045 @ 11/04/13 06:38 AM
Quote:
What is it that makes you think they'll be able to properly execute this new plan/direction?

# 91 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke
JP seems to have conveniently forgotten up until a few weeks ago he was still telling us how fantastic Madden 25 on next gen was going to be. He knew it, he was sure of it, best madden ever, we'll be blown away! Now hes basically copying and pasting all his old posts replacing "25" with "15".
I don't know the exact date, but I started saying M15 was going to be THE game a few months ago. I've known Madden 25 next gen wasn't going to be it since late July. The guys I'm talking about have been saying M15 was going to be THE game since before E3, so this is more than just a wait until next year, you guys will see once Kolbe from MLB the Show starts sharing his vision for next gen, why I'm so optimistic. He hasn't really shared any of his vision yet and we all know what he did with The Show.

I'll just say this, I was told that if competition doesn't come back before Madden 15 releases, that another developer will have a seriously hard time trying to compete. You guys have no idea where this games about to go, this team has some serious plans for next gen. Don't kid yourself and think you're seeing everything they have in mind right now. I know they have to prove it, but until the game releases and people see it, they can't prove it, but it's coming.

I can't wait to visit these forums after M15 releases, people will be floored. Here in a few weeks some people will start to catch the vision once they play M25 next gen, but this is nothing compared to what's coming.

# 92 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Then next year at this time, will we hear "just wait til Madden 16!! You guys will be blown away!" ??
No because M15 is it for me, they have to deliver on their promises. Like I said before, my high expectations for M25 next gen weren't based off of what I was being told but rather off what I assumed. Once I heard what M25 next gen would and wouldn't be, I accepted that and was told M15 would be what I was waiting for. My expectations are purely based on what reliable people have said and have proven since M13 to be true.

# 93 bc21045 @ 11/04/13 08:32 AM
Quote:
No because M15 is it for me, they have to deliver on their promises. Like I said before, my high expectations for M25 next gen weren't based off of what I was being told but rather off what I assumed. Once I heard what M25 next gen would and wouldn't be, I accepted that and was told M15 would be what I was waiting for. My expectations are purely based on what reliable people have said and have proven since M13 to be true.
So it's the same people who made madden 13 and 25 which are both buggy and filled with features that don't work. So no real reason for optimism, we can't play plans and promises.

# 94 TexasFan2005 @ 11/04/13 08:34 AM
One of the things that has always been concerning regarding EA Sports is the fact that they group all of their games together, like saying that each game shares "Ignite," "Living Worlds," etc.... This makes each game serve as a marketing tool for all others. For example, for someone who doesn't know any better, a person sees FIFA next gen on a screen at a major retailer, sees the crowd animations and atmosphere, then sees a box of Madden 25 with the same "Ignite" logos on it and says "hey, I love NFL Football, why not get an NFL representation of what I'm seeing here in FIFA. Here's my $60."

They need to individualize each of their sports games and give each its own flavor.

# 95 StL_RamZ @ 11/04/13 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
The most ridiculous thing about these series of videos, is that the game is about to release in a week and some days and we still haven't seen any gameplay or presentation. Its not like there are any other football titles coming to go against Madden. Show us your hand EA

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Good thing I'm getting XBone. I(We) Get to see a full weeks worth of gameplay

# 96 Gosens6 @ 11/04/13 09:03 AM
Yup, I'm convinced we won't see 11V11 before release because people will be absolutely convinced it's the exact same as current gen.

EA won't take that risk of hurting their sales

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

# 97 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
So instead of basing your opinion of what you see you rather base your opinion on what you hear? Makes a lot sense. For me and I know a lot of others we would like to actually see a difference. People can talk and market all day long, but it doesn't change the product. The product has to change through actions. From Madden 13 to Madden 25 what exactly was such a big difference? What do they really do to change from Madden 13 to Madden 25? As far as next-gen goes well they sorta added true step and sorta added living worlds. They did rebuild the Oline/Dline, but how do we know if it's much better? They have shown us nothing, but carefully picked plays.

The biggest jump was Madden 09 to Madden 10. People completely overrate the "physics" engine. Infinity is not a true physics engine. If it was we would see gang tackles, more variety in tackling animations, realistic movements, realistic results on pass plays, weight would matter, strength would matter, momentum would matter, and so many other things. Inifiity engine is just like living worlds and true step. It's only partially added to the game. When you add something to the game it should be added 100% with 100% effort given. The infinity engine, living worlds, and true step are not truly in the game. They are only a little part of it.

So with all that being said and all of the many many problems Madden has how can you say Madden 15 will blow us away? Based on he said this and he said that? Sorry, I will take what they show me, not what they tell me. The other sports game built their next-gen game from the ground up in the same amount of time Madden could of done the same. Instead they decided to give us a port of a mediocre at best game. If a port is all they can give us in about a year or two then how can Madden 15 blow us away in less than that?
It is impressive what NBA next gen did and built it from the ground up. I'm not sure that we can compare the two at every level though.

In the NBA you have 12-15 player models per team, in the nfl you have 50-60 player models per team, you have 15-25k fans in NBA stadiums vs 70-100k in the NFL.

I think if 2k made a soccer game that would be a better comparison, especially with the stadium size. The NFL and football in general is just much more detailed than basketball and there's a lot more happening at once.

That doesn't take away from what NBA 14 team accomplished, I'm just saying its at a much smaller scale.

# 98 msdm27 @ 11/04/13 09:18 AM
What I don't understand and would like an explanation on , probably from you, jp, since you've got your sources...

Why is everything else untouched?????
I can get myself to understand and tolerate the fact that M25 on next gen won't be such a breakthrough because of time/novelty limitations with the new consoles. Thus the team might have chosen to "lay the foundation" for future iterations....

But why da F is everything else the same... EA has always made it clear that they have different teams working on different aspects of the game; heck, they use it as an excuse not to answer questions "I don't know, that's not my department, that's a presentation issue..."

How come all the stat banners and presentation aspects look untouched... couldn't they have laid the foundation for the future in this area as well? What was the presentation department doing all this cycle? Please answer me that.

Where is the person/department in charge of providing us with up to date equipment such as gloves, mouthpieces, helmets, sleeves....? Were they working on gameplay then? or even worst all presentation efforts went into rendering each blade of grass?

There WILL NEVER BE a better chance for them to update player models, NEVER! and they passed on it... with the excuse of wanting to get other gameplay related things right first... what does a player model have to do with gameplay improvements... it's not like they're coding the game based on gameplay view... they code the game based on cgi'd dots and figures... both things can and should be developed simultaneously.

What is gonna be the excuse when CFM is exactly the same as CG?

Again, I can tolerate slow and gradual gameplay improvements... but where are the improvements to other areas? If you're gonna tell me that all their presentation efforts went into "living worlds" and what we've seen is what we're gonna get in M25 then you might as well realize that it's gonna take them damn well over an extra year to improve those other aspects of the game.

Bottom line is: You can't use one argument as an excuse and then disregard that same argument when it doesn't work for you.

If you have different departments working on each aspect of the game.. we should see improvements on each aspect of the game!

# 99 ABR173rd @ 11/04/13 09:20 AM
Quote:
Josh, as it's been pointed out before this has all been said a million times over the past 5 years. "New Designers", "New Vision", "Wait until Next year", same old story. You are also coming from a place of being a guy trying to get on board as an EA G.C. I don't fault you for that, but I certainly take that into consideration when reading your posts. The fundamental problem is that EA can't nor want's to take any criticism and the majority (not all) of Game Changers are like yourself, guy's who are willing to give EA the benefit of the doubt in order to be in the loop.

From a business stand point in terms of revenue and revenue streams you're saying EA is going to deliver a better product in the future (one that they have yet to deliver) while using less resources and regardless of how good the game is, will result in a smaller bottom line. No NCAA Football for the forceable future which means any R&D done for football will now only benefit one game instead of two. The majority of critics here have still purchased Madden, as they have been for the last decade and the reason I'm pointing this out is because the fundamental flaws being pointed out here are not necessarily going to translate into to marketing material which in turn will not generate new sales. My point here being that outside of Tiburon purely wanting to take pride in their job's, there is no real financial incentive for EA to invest in creating a better product.

# 100 bc21045 @ 11/04/13 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
All-pro did a whole lot better job at replicating football than Madden ever has this entire generation. From the looks of it All-pro's gameplay will still be ahead of Madden at least right now. But anyways, you failed to answer my other questions.
Apparently it's unfair to compare madden to anything. They have a special set of circumstances that no one else has ever had to deal with, everyone else had more time to work on next gen games, everyone else has a better foundation to work from, everyone has complete support from upper management, everyone else makes less complicated games. It is what it is I guess.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.