Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The first look at MLB 14 The Show on the PS4, as well as the cover athlete selected by the players will be announced tonight on the MLB Network at 8:00 PM EST.

According to Russell, you might want to refresh the PlayStation.Blog and Gametrailers during the show for more details.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ckarlic @ 11/04/13 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Wow, importing franchises into new versions of The Show is a huge announcement.
I agree...iirc that is what many, including myself, were hoping for for a long time. To be able to carry your franchise to newer versions of the show is huuuuugggeeeeeee!!!!!!

# 142 Eman5805 @ 11/04/13 09:24 PM
I hope that new advancement system for RTTS means I won't get buried on the bench of a major league team with depth at my position, barely getting PT when I could be down in AAA getting reps until they need to me to actually play.

# 143 RangersCruz @ 11/04/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
To be fair, it really doesn't work that way across the board with sports titles. 2k made a so-so basketball game and very good football game on last gen, now make a great basketball game and pretty poor baseball game. Sony has made an outstanding baseball game for years now but had a NBA title that lagged behind both 2k and Live when they were making a basketball title.

I'm not a baseball fan but I did like what I saw graphically. That one other sports game available at launch lags so far behind the rest graphically at this point it's comical.
Are you talking about Live's ps1 graphics?

# 144 rolltide1017 @ 11/04/13 09:25 PM
This just confirmed for me that I made the right choice by switching to the PS4 this time around instead of the X1. MLB 2K was a dreadful game and I stopped buying it years ago on the 360. MLB The Show is probably my most missed game ever since I got rid of my PS3 5 years ago, can't wait to play this again.

# 145 sk @ 11/04/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Pre order at gamestop now to receive $20 worth of in game currency.

https://twitter.com/MLBTheShow/statu...49153657446400
what is in game currency?

# 146 ozcore @ 11/04/13 09:29 PM
is it just me or the link for the show teaser doesn't work lol

# 147 ChrisHansen59 @ 11/04/13 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong

Sounds like their version of Virtual Currency from the 2K games.

# 148 m1ke_nyc @ 11/04/13 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
Im gonna assume its similar to 2Ks virtual currency. You can use it to upgrade your RTTS player, purchase things in Diamond Dynasty. Just a educated guess.

# 149 Bobhead @ 11/04/13 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
2k is pretty good at making basketball games. I wish the people that make the show would try to make a football game.
Eh I disagree. I mean the game is enjoyable but I'd never call it authentic or realistic, or even smooth. I bought NBA 2k13 and sold it like the same week. TOo much stuff that doesn't happen in the NBA, or even happen in any form of basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Pre order at gamestop now to receive $20 worth of in game currency.

https://twitter.com/MLBTheShow/statu...49153657446400
Does this have to be reserved online? I prefer to reserve it in an actual store.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.