Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K14 next-gen screenshots of Shabazz Muhammad, Solomon Hill, [url="http://www.operationsports.com/media/1070/nba-2k14/screenshot-26802"]Perry Jones III[/URL} Isaiah Thomas and Rudy Gobert.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Kaanyr Vhok @ 11/04/13 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3
thats because you're so use to 2k over exaggerating the size of these guys arms. 2k always made the players look way to buff for reality. not sure if you've been around a lot of ball players, nba size guys. they are not BIG. they are very TALL with long arms. some have wide shoulders. but 90% of them are pretty darn THIN. remember TV puts weight on you. some say a good 15 lbs. so imagine how thin these guys actually look in person.
Nah Rose, Ross and a couple other guys had arms that were too skinny in a couple pics. Its not all the guys. If anything Thomas looks a little too big but he is close enough.

Rose looks better in video I think it was just an older build.

Im more concerned about wingspans.

I hope Gobert has his 7'9 wingspan

That is one long forearm

# 22 blingballa333 @ 11/04/13 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Nah Rose, Ross and a couple other guys had arms that were too skinny in a couple pics. Its not all the guys. If anything Thomas looks a little too big but he is close enough.

That is one long forearm
That's a good thing.

# 23 juicey79 @ 11/04/13 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
A few tweaks? They built an entirely new engine from the ground up for next gen consoles. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as more than a few tweaks.
It's still basketball, im sure the tweaks are under the hood not noticable probably more natural movement and interaction and the obvious graphic upgrades

# 24 grodbetatted @ 11/04/13 07:50 PM
these aren't my favorite screen shots... but they are good... 2k has released better ones

# 25 grodbetatted @ 11/04/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
A few tweaks? They built an entirely new engine from the ground up for next gen consoles. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as more than a few tweaks.
it actually has been said that it isnt too different from current gen

# 26 grodbetatted @ 11/04/13 07:52 PM
it might be the arms that i dont like

# 27 Escobeats @ 11/04/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok

That is one long forearm
Agree 100% even with those players you listed. Some of them had no defintion at all. But in saying that these are VERY SMALL issues that can be resolved along with some of the wingspans. Majority of them look great tho and especially those faces. I also hope they empathize the importance of wingspans on the small players too and not cater all for the players in the paint. Kevin Durant's wingspan looks great so that's a good start.

# 28 Escobeats @ 11/04/13 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3
thats because you're so use to 2k over exaggerating the size of these guys arms. 2k always made the players look way to buff for reality. not sure if you've been around a lot of ball players, nba size guys. they are not BIG. they are very TALL with long arms. some have wide shoulders. but 90% of them are pretty darn THIN. remember TV puts weight on you. some say a good 15 lbs. so imagine how thin these guys actually look in person.

thats why when you get a guy like metta wolrd peace running around throwing his body every which way. its hard to deal with that. even though he isnt as skilled as say lebron. who is just to much before he even steps on the court. most guys are like 180 to 215. now think about that. you probably know a 5'11 guy thats a buck 80. now stretch thta out to about 6'3 or 6'4. thats a really thin dude. stretch out 215 to a 6'7 to 6'9 guy. thats a super thin guy.

gasol is like 240. but he's 7 feet. all height. lol. he's thin too.

Cousins looks like a big bouncer. but he's not that HUGE in person. he's tall, has long arms. he isnt super thin lik most nba guys. but he isnt a really BIG giant guy when it comes to width.but on TV he looks like it.

look at him in street clothes. super tall, long arms. but not as big as he seems when watching nba games.

http://us.cdn283.fansshare.com/photo...-713563470.jpg
Attachment 68272Attachment 68273

Muscle definition and overall bulk is messed up in this NG picture in my opinion.

Things like this is what they need to fix, I'm glad these are it because these are only small issues and should be easily resolved leading up to the release date. If it aint fixed by then it wont bother me in the end seeing as if this is already a DECENT looking game already even with a few issues here and there.

# 29 VDusen04 @ 11/04/13 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
It has been said that it feels different from the people that actually played the game.
Yeah, I suppose it's about how one chooses to look at hands-on comments like:

Quote:
The demo was a single three minute quarter with play calling on. I played a total of three quarters with the game. The game reminds me of the current gen version, as it should, but it's clearly feels somewhat different.
and

Quote:
The game plays similar to current-gen, but there are noticeable enhancements.

Thus far, hands-on folks seem to suggest the game plays like current gen but with less sliding thanks to improved foot planting.

# 30 blingballa333 @ 11/04/13 10:02 PM
11 more days, and I will bring back my "Look at every player's face" ritual that I haven't performed since NBA 2K10 I believe.

These screens are just the tip of the ice burg.

# 31 LakeShow16 @ 11/05/13 01:43 AM
Literally just googled 2k14 next gen and a whole bunch of pics popped up that I've never seen before. Getting me more hyped for the 15th. I'll attach though I'm not sure if these are old or not
Spoiler

# 32 Gramps91 @ 11/05/13 06:59 AM
Looks nice, bring on some more gameplay!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.