Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

PlayStation.Blog has posted some more MLB 14 The Show details in their latest blog.
  • You can now carry over your saves to future versions of MLB The Show. MLB 14 The Show lays the foundation for year-to-year saves, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over.
  • For some of you, full 9-inning baseball games may be too long for your liking, so we’ve created an all-new Quick Counts option, which utilizes generated pitch counts allowing gamers to play through full games faster than ever. Realistic statistics in this shortened gameplay experience have not been compromised. Users will now be able to play a full 9 inning game in less than 30 minutes, essentially cutting traditional game times in half.
  • We think Road To The Show is the deepest, most realistic single-player experience in sports video games, and we’re making it even better. A few of the new features include a new advancement system, new intuitive player creation process, and all new pre-draft prospect showcase.
  • What makes baseball great are those “big moments.” The power of PS4 will allow gamers to share those moments using the new “share feature” by capturing and publishing their most thrilling baseball moments, from hitting a game-winning grand slam, to picking off a runner at first for a crucial win in a World Series game.
MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita in the Spring of 2014.

Source - PlayStation.Blog

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Bobhead @ 11/06/13 07:11 PM
There's a ton of applications for generated pitch counts. You can use it in Spring Training/Minor League games, or blowout games when you just want to move on... You can use it online, in online leagues, where you are required to play a particular game by a deadline.

You can use it if you suddenly realize you need to leave the house (I assume you can pause at any time to enable or disable this feature), and want to wrap the ending of the game up as quickly as possible.

And let's not forget RTTS, because lord knows I'm definitely using generated pitch counts when I'm stuck playing for the Mississippi Mosquitoes or whatever nonsense team they have me on!

# 82 Curahee @ 11/06/13 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
And let's not forget RTTS, because lord knows I'm definitely using generated pitch counts when I'm stuck playing for the Mississippi Mosquitoes or whatever nonsense team they have me on!
I know that's right!
#GwinnettBraves

# 83 Heroesandvillains @ 11/06/13 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I just don't get why anyone would want to play with generated counts at all.
Over the last several months, my gaming time has reduced drastically. I used to have about 2 1/2 hours worth, but now I'm limited to just about 1 1/4 per night. This is simply just not enough time for me to thoroughly enjoy a full game of baseball at the pace I like to play at while guaranteeing getting at least one full game done (confession: after every game, I look through my MiLB player performances too, as well as look around the league for stats/standings/award races/trade possibilities/etc).

And I hate fully simulating.

Now I'm not saying I'll use GPC frequently, but I greatly prefer this option as a time saver and still being able to earn my stats.

I applaud it and my current life situation make this feature (as well as the importing Franchise files year to year) a guarentee to get some use out on for me.

# 84 Kritter77 @ 11/06/13 07:56 PM
Not sure if this has been asked, but would our rosters from this year carry over, like my 88-13 Roster...

# 85 KBLover @ 11/07/13 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The problem with all of those options is you have to throw out the idea of having realistic stats.
Even if it's ratings dependent?

# 86 CMH @ 11/07/13 07:03 AM
I'm using GPC all the time. Not some of the time. Not when I'm only busy. Not just to try it out. Not because I know no better. All of the time.

Great feature that has been sorely missed in baseball since All Star Baseball.

And the save file addition is another feature I've missed since the High Heat days.

If SCEA found a way to incorporate High Heat's pitching model of throw ball or strike and select a zone, I would be incredibly happy. But small steps.

Sent from my mobile device.

# 87 Bondsfan @ 11/07/13 07:17 AM
I agree with CMH. Im only using GPC. I remember the first time i used it in All Star Baseball. That, along with the jump in anytime sim engine of MVP are two of my favorite features of any baseball game. GPC allows those of us that are less patient still experience actual baseball with walks and realistic pitch counts. It allows for games to be played quickly so you can actually get through a season. I can understand why you may not like this feature, I dont like to Sim, but I have to tell you, when i tried this many years ago in my younger days with ASB when I had all the time in the world, I loved it, and now that time is harder to come by, I think its going to be amazing.

# 88 LastActionHero @ 11/07/13 08:16 AM
Now if they could also add the option to save exhibition/show live games to continue later on without the stamina and confidence bar resetting I'm willing to pay double

"When it's all set and done, reality is the best innovation."

# 89 rjackson @ 11/07/13 08:50 AM
It does it in franchise games, too. I really agree with this one. It means in-game saves come at a cost and really hurts the feature. I hope SCEA sees this in this thread.

What I wanted to say was I am surprised at how many people are happier about generated counts when I am really REALLY excited about carry over saves.

# 90 HustlinOwl @ 11/07/13 10:07 AM
Quote:
You can use it online, in online leagues, where you are required to play a particular game by a deadline.
Please NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 91 Knight165 @ 11/07/13 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Even if it's ratings dependent?
Actually....I can see a problem with ratings dependent only GPC's.

Do you ALWAYS want Clayton Kershaw to have an 0-2 or 1-2 count on the weakest hitters in your lineup or on your team?
(I'm just using a top line pitcher here).

I guess it's tougher than I thought.....and while I used it in ASB2005 because of there not being enough K's....
That game wasn't the best at simulating stats.

Very interested to see what they came up with!

M.K.
Knight165

# 92 ILiveForThis @ 11/07/13 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I'm using GPC all the time. Not some of the time. Not when I'm only busy. Not just to try it out. Not because I know no better. All of the time.
yes. it takes actually playing with the feature to actually see it's greatness and it really adds a whole new dimension to the game.

sent using tapatalk.

# 93 tessl @ 11/07/13 12:29 PM
Regarding generated pitch counts there needs to be an option to turn it off. I use MOM and with generated pitch counts you can't work the count to set up a steal of hit & run.

It is a good option for those who want to speed up the game but for me the game is fast enough on fast play with animations turned off.

# 94 Curahee @ 11/07/13 12:55 PM
Im sure it wont be a mandatory option.
You will be able to turn it on/off.

# 95 Russell_SCEA @ 11/07/13 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Do you ALWAYS want Clayton Kershaw to have an 0-2 or 1-2 count on the weakest hitters in your lineup or on your team?

I guess it's tougher than I thought.....and while I used it in ASB2005 because of there not being enough K's....
That game wasn't the best at simulating stats.

Very interested to see what they came up with!

M.K.
Knight165

Bingo, after months of prototyping and trying different combinations I believe we found the sweet spot. Being able to cut the game times in half, and keep the fun factor along with simulation stats was key.

# 96 Russell_SCEA @ 11/07/13 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Im sure it wont be a mandatory option.
You will be able to turn it on/off.
Of course you never have to play with it if you don't' want to.

# 97 KBLover @ 11/07/13 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Well, the ratings would set the percentages so while it might be typical for Kershaw to be ahead in the count, it wouldn't always happen.

Of course, Kershaw vs a weak hitter probably WOULD be ahead in the count more often than not.

Just like if I had a 30 BB/9 pitcher on the mound, I would expect him to be frequently behind in the count because his strike rate would likely be bad.

If it's not based on ratings, then what is it based on, just pure randomness? A high control pitcher facing a lot of poor discipline hitters would be as likely to issue a lot of walks/3-ball counts as a low control pitcher vs a team of disciplined hitters?

# 98 tessl @ 11/07/13 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Of course you never have to play with it if you don't' want to.
Is the current fast play option going to continue to exist or is it being replaced by generated pitch counts?

Thank you.

# 99 Russell_SCEA @ 11/07/13 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Is the current fast play option going to continue to exist or is it being replaced by generated pitch counts?

Thank you.
It's still there can use quick counts with fast play or broadcast presentations.

# 100 Money99 @ 11/07/13 01:58 PM
Quote:
There's a ton of applications for generated pitch counts. You can use it in Spring Training/Minor League games, or blowout games when you just want to move on... You can use it online, in online leagues, where you are required to play a particular game by a deadline.

You can use it if you suddenly realize you need to leave the house (I assume you can pause at any time to enable or disable this feature), and want to wrap the ending of the game up as quickly as possible.

You're there for a reason! Your bad attitude and inability to hit the deuce keeps holding you back.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.