Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

PlayStation.Blog has posted some more MLB 14 The Show details in their latest blog.
  • You can now carry over your saves to future versions of MLB The Show. MLB 14 The Show lays the foundation for year-to-year saves, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over.
  • For some of you, full 9-inning baseball games may be too long for your liking, so we’ve created an all-new Quick Counts option, which utilizes generated pitch counts allowing gamers to play through full games faster than ever. Realistic statistics in this shortened gameplay experience have not been compromised. Users will now be able to play a full 9 inning game in less than 30 minutes, essentially cutting traditional game times in half.
  • We think Road To The Show is the deepest, most realistic single-player experience in sports video games, and we’re making it even better. A few of the new features include a new advancement system, new intuitive player creation process, and all new pre-draft prospect showcase.
  • What makes baseball great are those “big moments.” The power of PS4 will allow gamers to share those moments using the new “share feature” by capturing and publishing their most thrilling baseball moments, from hitting a game-winning grand slam, to picking off a runner at first for a crucial win in a World Series game.
MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita in the Spring of 2014.

Source - PlayStation.Blog

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bcruise @ 11/10/13 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
For that to work they would basically have to never change the roster/player attribute system ever again.
Point taken, but how are they going to do exactly this for Franchise/RTTS files?

Just an example: Say for '15 they introduce a numerical, visible-to-everyone pickoff rating for pitchers, and it doesn't exist in '14. For '14 Franchises/RTTS's that are imported into '15, how is the game going to come up with that new rating for every pitcher in the league?

There's definitely a lot of questions about the carry over that's going to take some time to fully understand, and this is exactly why this had to wait for next-gen to even be a possibility - because the groundwork has to be laid for it from the very first game.

# 142 NDAlum @ 11/10/13 09:02 PM
There has to be a conversion in place though. There are ratings not in NCAA football but you get them in Madden when you import.

I'm sure this was thought about

Sent from my iPhone 5

# 143 bcruise @ 11/10/13 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
There has to be a conversion in place though. There are ratings not in NCAA football but you get them in Madden when you import.

I'm sure this was thought about

Sent from my iPhone 5
Of course they did, and I'm looking forward to seeing their solution. The logistics of it completely boggle my mind...lol

# 144 Bobhead @ 11/10/13 10:05 PM
Yeah it's mind blowing to even think about. The fact that it's already been accomplish, and that SCEA already has the ground work down... I can't even begin to wrap my head around that.

Interesting to hear it's already done in Madden... I've never played any football video games (except for NFL Blitz, and random kiosks at Best Buy) so I didn't know about that one.

# 145 bcruise @ 11/10/13 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Yeah it's mind blowing to even think about. The fact that it's already been accomplish, and that SCEA already has the ground work down... I can't even begin to wrap my head around that.

Interesting to hear it's already done in Madden... I've never played any football video games (except for NFL Blitz, and random kiosks at Best Buy) so I didn't know about that one.
I suppose the Occam's Razor answer would be that they already have the plan for the next several years in place (what they plan on introducing each year, I mean) and can build each game year to year according to that plan. THEN I could sort of understand how this could possibly work. Anything more complicated than that melts my brain.

As for Madden/NCAA, it's not quite the same thing. Those files don't transfer year to year, they only connect both games from a single year - NCAA '14 only connects to Madden '25, for example. It was that way even when you had imported draft classes in previous years. So the EA Tib devs only had to worry about connecting it to one game, which was being developed right alongside the other.

What SCEA's proposing is different - that you'll be able to continue playing the same franchise across multiple future versions of The Show on through '15, '16, '17 etc...

# 146 TjJunior @ 11/11/13 04:57 AM
This is next gen. The reason I got a PS3 is the sole reason im getting a PS4 this spring.

# 147 MizzouBravesFan @ 11/11/13 09:47 AM
Pre-ordered yesterday at GS when I went in and bought some PS4 games...absolutely cannot wait.

Between this and Infamous: SS the first part of 2014 is looking awesome...

# 148 dalger21 @ 11/11/13 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan

Between this and Infamous: SS the first part of 2014 is looking awesome...
Also Watch Dogs.

# 149 KBLover @ 11/11/13 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just an example: Say for '15 they introduce a numerical, visible-to-everyone pickoff rating for pitchers, and it doesn't exist in '14. For '14 Franchises/RTTS's that are imported into '15, how is the game going to come up with that new rating for every pitcher in the league?
Probably just assign either a random value or a neutral/average value (or a combo, i.e. random around a range, so ratings tend to get assigned like a bell curve)

It's like when OOTP switch ratings systems from OOTP8 to OOTP9 (introduced individual pitches), the guys had pitch ratings based on their Stuff ratings.

Same for OOTP 5 and earlier and OOTP6.

# 150 KBLover @ 11/11/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
Why is there a "Generated Pitch Count" pros and cons mini-discussion? You are either giddily excited by its now availability (because we had the opportunity back in the day with ASB) and its randomness; or you prefer to generate your count in its purity. Options=Bliss!
I never played ASB so...

I'm just curious as to how it will work, will the counts just be pure random, etc.

Don't know why things have to be black and white.

# 151 DJ @ 11/11/13 11:53 PM
I guess I should go out of town for work more often. I check the site for the first time in a week today and see this thread. Well done, SCEA. Well done.

# 152 NDAlum @ 11/12/13 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I never played ASB so...

I'm just curious as to how it will work, will the counts just be pure random, etc.

Don't know why things have to be black and white.
We don't have 100% certainty on how it will work at this time.

# 153 tessl @ 11/12/13 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
True. But I think We all know by now that SCEA does not remove features people use. They only add new ones and keep trucking along.

One of their best qualities.

Sent from my mobile device.
I don't like to ague with people, I like to be positive about this fantastic game. However I would point out there were people who were distraught about things like stadium upgrades, setting promotions and pricing hot dogs being removed from franchise. I was glad to see them removed but others evidently enjoyed them.

But in regard to generated pitch counts as Russell pointed out, fast play will remain an option with full pitch count.

I would therefore edit your comment to say they do sometimes remove features but I have yet to see them remove a feature I miss.

My only concern is since I didn't pre-order a ps4 whether I will have one by March 2014.

# 154 Knight165 @ 11/12/13 01:39 PM
Ramone has said it won't be like ASB......I'm sure BrianSCEA spent a lot of time to come up with what's most realistic.
Plus they always listen to our feedback ....so I'm confident it will be a beneficial addition.

M.K.
Knight165

# 155 CMH @ 11/12/13 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I don't like to ague with people, I like to be positive about this fantastic game. However I would point out there were people who were distraught about things like stadium upgrades, setting promotions and pricing hot dogs being removed from franchise. I was glad to see them removed but others evidently enjoyed them.

But in regard to generated pitch counts as Russell pointed out, fast play will remain an option with full pitch count.

I would therefore edit your comment to say they do sometimes remove features but I have yet to see them remove a feature I miss.

My only concern is since I didn't pre-order a ps4 whether I will have one by March 2014.
That's fair. I didn't realize they removed those options from franchise mode.

Sent from my mobile device.

# 156 redsfan4life @ 11/13/13 02:15 AM
Joey Votto should get a 3-1 count more than Jeff Francoeur. That's all I ask for with generated counts

# 157 Curahee @ 11/13/13 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I don't like to ague with people, I like to be positive about this fantastic game. However I would point out there were people who were distraught about things like stadium upgrades, setting promotions and pricing hot dogs being removed from franchise.
Im not trying to argue either, I personally dont care about the "features" you listed because I never used them anyway, but I personally wouldnt call them "features". I would call them additions.

To ME, a feature is GPC or Pulse Pitching or Analog Hitting not some imaginary Hot Dog numbers.
Just my opinion.

# 158 Strings74 @ 11/13/13 02:52 PM
Just want to chime in (late). Being able to save careers and franchises over subsequent titles is an incredible game changer.

Been hoping for that for years.

This team continues to impress for the fanbase. Awesome stuff and can't wait to get my grubby hands on a copy.

# 159 Aggies7 @ 11/14/13 04:02 AM
Just watched the teaser trailer. All I can say is Wow.

And if the NFL contract rights ever become available I hope Russell and his team jump on them and make an NFL game that is up to this level. I know it's different sport but this puts EA to shame.

The effort Russell and his team put together is incredible. Can't wait for Spring.

# 160 hysteria499 @ 11/14/13 03:46 PM
I agree. I wish they could get NFL and College football as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.