Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

In what is the least surprising news of the year thus far, Sony has announced triumphantly that MLB '14: The Show will be the 'first and only next-generation baseball sim.'

For a year at least, this means that if you own an Xbox One you will not get a baseball simulation to play. There is always a chance a company such as EA or even Microsoft could step up to deliver a next-gen product on the Xbox, but right now we don't have any indications on who that will or could be.

The disclaimer in the ad does say that the claim does include only disk based baseball simulations, which means an arcade or download-only MLB title is possible. You have to wonder if MLB will consider this a huge issue or not, and it could be a litmus test for the state of the game period as to whether an MLB game can appear on XBox One in the next couple of years.

What do you think about no baseball on the XBox One next year?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RangersCruz @ 11/04/13 09:41 PM
Can't wait for some more news

I can't believe 2k couldn't make a decent baseball game graphically compared to their basketball games

# 2 TheBleedingRed21 @ 11/04/13 09:43 PM
This game alone is a console seller.

Xbone can have titanfall, I'll take The Show.

# 3 jerk @ 11/04/13 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
This game alone is a console seller.

Xbone can have titanfall, I'll take The Show.
My feelings exactly. Main reason I took ps4 over Xboxone.

# 4 quehouston @ 11/04/13 09:55 PM
Not even a baseball fan, and I'm considering buying this game. Looks phenomenal.

# 5 AC @ 11/04/13 10:05 PM
I'm not going to be able to wait until March. Wow.

# 6 RangersCruz @ 11/04/13 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
I'm not going to be able to wait until March. Wow.
For me BF4 and NBA 2k My Career will hold me off till then for sure

IF RTTS has commentary again im not getting off the game for a long time.

# 7 Cowboy008 @ 11/04/13 10:15 PM
Hopefully BF4 and NBA can hold me over until March.. I wish they would release it sooner.

# 8 Blzer @ 11/04/13 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Can't wait for some more news

I can't believe 2k couldn't make a decent baseball game graphically compared to their basketball games
I might be the only one who thinks their 360/PS3 titles look the same visually. Not with animations, faces, venues, and accessories... but textures, lighting (however it is you can compare them since one game is indoors), and rendering they look identical.

If they "redo" everything going to next-gen and get the right people behind it, I don't think there is an excuse that it can't look like their basketball games.

I'm excited for The Show, but do wish Xbox had some baseball. I miss the days of eight games going out there on the shelves. Strange cover too, though I like the new font.

# 9 legacyme3 @ 11/04/13 10:29 PM
Is it March yet?

# 10 Bobhead @ 11/04/13 10:33 PM
I can't speak for Blzer but Killer Instinct is #2 on my interest list behing The Show, and iirc it's an Xbox exclusive.

There's a few other exclusives too.

# 11 StormsWarning @ 11/04/13 10:39 PM
i'm FIRED UP FOR THE SHOW BABY LETS GO!!

this game has always been great, Russell & crew carry's such a high repp its not even funny, this will be game of the year imo!

# 12 Blzer @ 11/04/13 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
This is a bit OT but since Microsoft has no exclusive titles worth buying their machine for then why bother? Just get a Playstation.
I hope you don't think I'm getting an Xbox.

Super glad the Vita is getting 14, by the way. I wonder what Remote Play will be like where it might be worth still getting the Vita version if you're connected somewhere.

# 13 smiley3 @ 11/04/13 10:53 PM
I wonder if now the crowd in the show will be able to catch fly balls instead of then bouncing everywhere!!!

# 14 Sco291 @ 11/04/13 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
i'm FIRED UP FOR THE SHOW BABY LETS GO!!

this game has always been great, Russell & crew carry's such a high repp its not even funny, this will be game of the year imo!
GIF of the year, and respectfully so

# 15 Bobhead @ 11/04/13 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
OK but how many games can you play? I bought a 360 a year and some ago and regret doing that. Sony has more exclusives that I care about and the majority of the really good games are cross platform anyway. MS doesn't have any Sony or Naughty Dog games so that seals the deal for me.
I'm definitely not getting an Xbox or even considering it lol... I'm just saying if that game is important to someone I can see why they would. I know personally I don't play a wide range of games. Other than The Show, I buy maybe 1 game a year, and that's no exaggeration.

# 16 Sco291 @ 11/04/13 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't play a wide range of games. Other than The Show, I buy maybe 1 game a year, and that's no exaggeration.
You and me both. I put a lot of time into my franchise, and will be doing it again this year even more so, so other than maybe call of duty, I play The Show year round and the majority of the time.

# 17 24 @ 11/04/13 11:12 PM
Mind Blowing are the words to describe 14 the Show. It's incredible what they are able to do on a new generation of consoles. One of the main reasons why I'm purchasing the PS4.

As for other Baseball Games, I would not be surprised if EA tried to get back into the fold. With no more NCAA Football they need another franchise to make more money. MVP Baseball gives them a great opportunity. I think that is more likely than High Heat ever being revived.

# 18 BA2929 @ 11/04/13 11:18 PM
What do you think about no baseball on the XBox One next year?

Honestly, it probably just sold another PS4. I was going to wait until around tax time to decide on which console to get, but this news made it that much easier. I NEED MY BASEBALL. If there's a 'PS4/The Show' bundle that comes out, Sony can take my money right now and give me it.

# 19 mdiggitydawg @ 11/04/13 11:36 PM
Have to admit...if I am not blown away by other titles like dead rising 3 and capabilities of the xboxone, I will consider it a big mistake initially. BUT, I want a baseball game as polished and complete as The Show, because 2K sports was so inept, I have to admit, I would not purchase it this past year...They fleeced consumers like many video game companies do these days, but I diverse.

Saddened not to have a baseball game on Next gen Xbox

# 20 HustlinOwl @ 11/04/13 11:40 PM
now time to get online right and include online franchise

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.