Home
FIFA 14 News Post

EA Sports has released FIFA 14 title update #3 for PC users and promises to have it available for consoles later this week. Here are the details.
  • Career Mode lag when subbing players
  • Fixed several FIFA Ultimate Team hangs, including:
    • One instance of a crash when entering the FIFA Ultimate Team main menu
    • A hang when comparing players after accepting a trade offer
  • Skill Games pad arrows now switched to pass receiver when he gets the ball
  • Virtual Pro numbers defaulting to 9 after a match
  • Corrected instances of kit clashing
  • New kits on Creation Centre showing as EA Kit 1
  • Fixed some audio scenarios
  • Co-Op Seasons squad changes will be reflected on teammate’s screen
  • Added Bahia licensed kits and crest

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Qb @ 11/05/13 10:26 AM
I'm curious about two items: Lag in CM "when subbing players" and kit clashing. If the first one refers to the general use of the team management screen, that's a welcome fix. However, the issue is also present when using the GTN interface, so it's wait and see for now.

As for the kits, I wonder if this will apply to referees as well. I often get refs in black when I'm at home in my Genoa CM. The kit is half red/half blue, but both are darker shades, making it hard to distinguish from a black-clad ref in the middle of the pitch. I can't tell you how many times I passed to ref while building up. I suspect it's because the game designates the kit as red, making black a reasonable choice. I noticed similar problems while playing Pro Clubs when we used a striped shirt; once again, I think it's an issue with how the game identifies the primary color of the kit.

# 2 KG @ 11/05/13 10:33 AM
I wonder if these patches will be implemented for the Next-Gen versions.

# 3 HenryClay1844 @ 11/05/13 10:53 AM
Ref kit clash is so annoying. I wish they'd find a way to get rid of it. Also, we've now heard more about MLB the show than next gen FIFA.

# 4 Gnemi @ 11/05/13 02:25 PM
Can I take an alternative view about refs and black kits?

I hate black football kits. They look like refs. This is a problem with clubs and their ugly choice of kits. REFS wear black, not players!

I can't stand the City away kit this year. It's laughable.

/rant

# 5 Dylonus @ 11/05/13 03:41 PM
Still nothing to stop the CPU from being overly aggressive on every pass, meanwhile my players still stand there dumbfounded? Good job, EA....

# 6 Gnemi @ 11/05/13 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
don't be a purist

most beautiful kit of the last world cup imo

not as annoying as referees, but i'd like to see a 2nd kit option for goalkeepers. i hate when i'm using the away kit of liverpool and mignolet is wearing exactly the same.
lol, yeah, it looks like a fancy referee kit...yeah, admittedly, I'm a purist. I also don't like the monotone kits these days where the top and bottom are the same color. I'm ultra conservative with these things!

By the way, no uglier kits on the planet than Liverpool 13-14 (home or away!). Just unbelievably hideous. Dunno who these Warrior folks are but they should resume their dayjobs!

# 7 BL8001 @ 11/09/13 07:47 PM
Except if they decide to gameplay tweak CPU clearances or you know, most of the worthless skill moves and oh yeah offsides...

# 8 Lonestar210 @ 11/09/13 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Except if they decide to gameplay tweak CPU clearances or you know, most of the worthless skill moves and oh yeah offsides...
Which skill moves are worthless? I don't use many of them but I am trying to learn them in practice arena so I feel comfortable using them in a match.

# 9 Gnemi @ 11/09/13 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
whiners gonna whine
To be honest, I think they did patch the crazy acrobatic clearances. They're certainly toned down.

# 10 razorkaos @ 11/10/13 02:41 AM
just after downloading the patch, i decided to play a seasons match... i chose Lazio, with the first kit (sky blue shirt and socks, white trunks).... had to play against Tottenham... with their FULL SKY BLUE KIT... the radar was like a million sky blue dots, i could not see anything. So, yeah, they did not fix the kit clash issue.

# 11 Qb @ 11/11/13 07:48 PM
Yeah, I was hoping the kit clash fix might prevent black ref kits when when using Genoa's home kit. It didn't. At least the CM menus seem somewhat better.

# 12 rai27 @ 11/12/13 06:20 PM
is it just me or does subbing from team management before a match bugged? when I press the Y/triangle button to look for alternative players, it shows a comparison between the two players after a few seconds. (note: this is in the menu before the match after you select your kits)

# 13 BL8001 @ 11/12/13 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar210
Which skill moves are worthless? I don't use many of them but I am trying to learn them in practice arena so I feel comfortable using them in a match.
Just about everything except the body feint.

I wrote this in another thread but if you have seen Indiana jones, then the scene where the guy goes nuts with his sword skills and Indy shoots him...

That's fifa. The CPU defenders will blankly stare at you while you get your "fancy" on and then when they feel like it they toe poke it away.

Plus if you don't play be a pro cam the skill moves are constantly rotating around the stick as you move your player about the pitch. Meaning you have to adjust how you right stick for the move if you are headed up down back left right diagonal etc

# 14 mctrees02 @ 11/14/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rai27
is it just me or does subbing from team management before a match bugged? when I press the Y/triangle button to look for alternative players, it shows a comparison between the two players after a few seconds. (note: this is in the menu before the match after you select your kits)
Team management has broken for me with this patch. If I look to compare players or even hit triangle to swap for another player at the same position, it shows both players and semi-locks up. The only at out is to punch start, go back to the pregame screen and head back into team management again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.