Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Well, according to Mike Wang, during a podcast with PlayStation.Blog, a couple of developers won't even touch the Xbox One.

Quote:
I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system.

Mike will probably get some unwanted feedback from this and the Sony fanboys will have a field day, but let's not forget who he was talking to... a site dedicated to the PlayStation. I wonder what he'd say if he was talking to Major Nelson?

I'm sure he'll chime in soon to clear the air.

UPDATE: Mike Wang has checked in (Post #47).

Quote:
Yeah, just to be clear. I have nothing against XBOne. It's a great system. I was just trying to communicate that I like the PS4 much more than the PS3 (both in terms of development and the controller.) When I stated that I was a convert, it's because for the last 2 gens I've primarily been an Xbox gamer, but this gen I can see myself playing a lot of PS4.

The unanimous comment was NOT that the entire company or dev team favored PS4 over XB1, I was trying to say that everyone in the office agrees that the PS4 is a great system. That's all.

And yes, it's true that a couple people in the office are Sony fanboys and won't touch the Xbox 1... but it's also true that some people in the office are MS fanboys and won't touch the PS4.

Hope that clears some things up a bit.

UPDATE #2: (Post #134).

Quote:
Another thing I should add... just because I was praising Sony, that doesn't mean I don't also love what MS did with the Xbox One. The controller upgrades are really nice, especially the feel and function of the Impact triggers and analog sticks. A definite improvement over 360, which I also loved.

NBA 2K14 will look and play great on both systems... there's no "inferior" version. Just as all console wars, it will come down to the games, personal preferences, and what you're looking to get out of your console.

I wouldn't let anything I said in that interview sway you one way or the other... personally, I'm still on the fence as to which console to get first. But really, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Source - Worlds Factory

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Melbournelad @ 11/06/13 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincramps
@diehard, how will x1 be better d\own the line?? Weaker, doesn;t have sony's qiuality first party studios...look at ps3, if anything, 360 got worse and worse as ms foccused on kinect and abandoned any new ip's on 3670 for years,. Ps3 got better and better.The power gap will be more noticeable as games get more demanding. There is a significant gap in power this gen.
What power gap? Microsoft will be able to unload processing onto their Azure servers in the future, there won't be any power gap in Sony's favour.

# 142 Melbournelad @ 11/06/13 06:48 AM
Quote:
Umm the cloud wont improve x1 graphics....................Please, thats MS BS. Why is cod only running 720P on x1?? Ms cloud servers are mainly for their windows business, they dont make much money on Xbox. That is just MS marketing BS.

Most games already have dedicated servers in sonys system, Ghosts has dedicated servers on both.

Anyone who believes da cloud marketing will believe anything ms tells them. Cloud wont improve graphics at least not for 10-15 years. Right now it will just be for dedicated servers.

Sony already has cloud servers, sony has a LOT of datacentres, and can easily rent them if needed.. Da cloud won't make a lick of difference.
Completely incorrect. Have you looked into it much? Read this before exclaiming that: http://videogamesandnews.com/xbox-on...the-real-deal/

# 143 TreyIM2 @ 11/06/13 06:57 AM
I was trying to post to this when this first broke but was in train and having page loading issues so I just gave up but that being said, I was going to post asking Beluba did M$ blowup his phone yet and when can we expect the cleanup job. Lol.

MDub just spoke from the heart and it's obvious he's at least subconsciously 'picked a side' for next gen but a man in his position has to walk the line. Other gaming house devs and such have seemed to be heavily in favor of the PS4 just like with current gen, most leaned toward the 360. It's mostly about ease of development balanced with what they can get the most out of, console architecture wise but of course individuals in a dev team are going to have their faves based on whatever reasons. It is what it is.

That being said, NEXT FRIDAY IT'S ON WITH MY PS4 AND NBA 2K14!!!

# 144 WTF @ 11/06/13 07:38 AM
Quote:
This is a really big deal, and it can make online games better. This is something that we are really excited about. The Xbox Live Cloud lets us to do things in Titanfall that no player-hosted multiplayer game can do. That has allowed us to push the boundaries in online multiplayer and that’s awesome. We want to try new ideas and let the player do things they’ve never been able to do before! Over time, I expect that we’ll be using these servers to do a lot more than just dedicated servers. This is something that’s going to let us drive all sorts of new ideas in online games for years to come.
The Cloud will make the ALWAYS ONLINE policy back in effect. So how, per se, can developers alienate those without a connection, or those who play single player who refuse to connect?

The Power of the Cloud, is what MS was banking on with it's "Always Connected" policy.

Great, it's cool in theory for online. We'll see how this plays out.

I'll stand by my guys who have led me away from the One, at least for the first few years. I'll take the words of producers and lead devs vs interwebs reporters who are reporting in theory vs hands on usage with both consoles.

# 145 JBulls @ 11/06/13 08:09 AM
Man, this thread should've ended when Beluba clarified his stance.

# 146 TeeDogg @ 11/06/13 08:10 AM
"Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled"

TeeDogg comes through and adds completely nothing to the thread lol.

# 147 diehardknicksfan @ 11/06/13 08:30 AM
Quote:
@diehard, how will x1 be better d\own the line?? Weaker, doesn;t have sony's qiuality first party studios...look at ps3, if anything, 360 got worse and worse as ms foccused on kinect and abandoned any new ip's on 3670 for years,. Ps3 got better and better.The power gap will be more noticeable as games get more demanding. There is a significant gap in power this gen.
im just talking about my preference. For ps2 and Xbox. Had both and ended up spending most my time on Xbox.

Ps3/360 had both. Ended up only using my ps3 for the show and uncharted.

I think the same thing will happen again. The Xbox was jut more fun for me.

Also Microsoft usually has a big picture in their head.They wouldn't make the console 100 dollars more with kinect if they didn't think it would really pay off in the end result. My kids love it, their friends love it and they always play it. they did their research on it to go ahead and make it a mandatory thng in the Xbone. The cloud sounds awesome. If devs can put it to use it could really be useful. Of course it could backfire and be useless. But MS bets its the future. There not afaid to jump out and take a risk( like those used game policies). In the end for me. I'm gunna have both so I won't miss out on anything.

# 148 franzis @ 11/06/13 08:37 AM
MS launch choices are not always brilliant...remember HD disk standard vs BR one?

# 149 ForeverVersatile @ 11/06/13 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
MS launch choices are not always brilliant...remember HD disk standard vs BR one?
We'll that was because Sony was one of the founding companies and has a patent in blu-Ray tech. The BDA also has a say in who is able to use the tech, Microsoft isn't in that group.

# 150 bwright25 @ 11/06/13 09:04 AM
I like how this interview gets released right after NBA2k releases info about an exclusive contract with PS4.

# 151 RustyRocket56 @ 11/06/13 09:05 AM
My reaction after reading the entire thread

Looks like everyone had done research as if they were doing their PHD dissertation. Damn these guys takes their consoles too serious. Beluba gave his view then clarified what he meant. You like a system go buy it, no need to try and convince others that your choice is the best one. the real question is who are you trying to convince ? others or yourself ??

# 152 bwright25 @ 11/06/13 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright25
I like how this interview gets released right after NBA2k releases info about an exclusive contract with PS4.
"Xbox has exclusive w FIFA, we have to come up with something. What's the 2nd most played sports game? Throw money their way ASAP?" PS4 execs.

# 153 boodahisthe1 @ 11/06/13 09:12 AM
I really dont care about which system the dev's prefer. release date for PS4 is 9 days away and Xbox One is 16 days away and I still havent seen a full game yet. Im sick of the well put together trailers for Madden and 2K. I need full gameplay, from gameplay camera angles. Are they going to make us wait until we get a next gen system just to see a full game. What is the hold up? If the PS4 is better than the X1, then show me some damn gameplay on the PS4. They gave us 2k14 footage on current gen almost a month or two before it came out. Screenshots are cool, but WTF can I do with a screenshot? Stare at it, print it out and tape it to my tv. Am I the only one that feels like they're giving us the run around. Sorry for the rant fellas

# 154 Steve_OS @ 11/06/13 09:36 AM
This thread has run its course. Look at the very first post to get a full update on the situation. K, thx, bye.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.