Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports posted a new blog today talking about CourtQ, Synergy Sports, ESPN integration and the new Live Season feature.
  • CourtQ is powered by Synergy Sports, the official data service for all 30 teams in the NBA. Every possession of every game is logged with detailed reports on each player which goes well beyond what you see in a box score. Stats are down to small details such as how often a player goes left or right and home vs. away shooting.
  • After each game, Synergy supplies data on more than 70 ratings and tendencies which updates the rosters in the game in real-time. This will result in rosters which dynamically change in the game in a way never before seen in sports games.
  • EA claims CourtQ and Synergy Sports eliminates subjectivity from player ratings and instead the players performance goes solely by the numbers. Plan is to expand and improve CourtQ in future editions.
  • Player appearances will update on the fly as well with no need for scheduled roster updates. Everything from haircuts, to player accessories and gear will be updated throughout the season.
  • Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy will man the booth for commentary in NBA Live 14 with Jalen Rose in as the studio host. There will be halftime and post-game shows as well as updates from Rose on what's happening in the real NBA and within the Live 14 community.
  • NBA Live 14 will update every time you boot the game up, meaning you will likely get a fresh new look to the game each time you boot.
What do you think about CourtQ, Connected Experiences, and the ESPN integration?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/06/13 12:41 PM
Live is coming with the info today

# 2 the_future420 @ 11/06/13 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Live is coming with the info today
Most definitely. The floodgates are open

# 3 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 12:44 PM
Now THIS is how you market your game. Loving all this info they're rolling out.

# 4 The 24th Letter @ 11/06/13 12:46 PM
Sounds really good....the advantage Live has is they they are usually on point about their updates,...all I need is some 5 on 5 gameplay to push me to buy...

# 5 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Sounds really good....the advantage Live has is they they are usually on point about their updates,...all I need is some 5 on 5 gameplay to push me to buy...
Exactly my stance. It looks like the team is really dedicated on a sim experience. Now waiting to see if they can actually deliver that is what has me on the fence.

I can look past the graphics if the game plays smooth and realistic.

# 6 msdm27 @ 11/06/13 12:51 PM
All this info + the possibility of GM Mode (with hopefully 30 team control) would makes this the game to go with for me.

PS: Didn't really like that players on D look REALLY stiff while hunched, if that's even possible :/ Seemed like both T. Burke and J. Holiday were just standing there will playing D.

# 7 RangersCruz @ 11/06/13 12:53 PM
This is all good gameplay is what we really need though

# 8 RangersCruz @ 11/06/13 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
All this info + the possibility of GM Mode (with hopefully 30 team control) would makes this the game to go with for me.

PS: Didn't really like that players on D look REALLY stiff while hunched, if that's even possible :/ Seemed like both T. Burke and J. Holiday were just standing there will playing D.
They all looked stiff and robotic on defense hopefully its fixed

# 9 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/06/13 12:55 PM
Looks good EA. Keep the info coming.

# 10 brent3419 @ 11/06/13 01:21 PM
looks good, very optimistic with the direction its going

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 11 bigeastbumrush @ 11/06/13 01:26 PM

Kyrie Isolates 38% of the time.

I really hopes this means that the CPU Kyrie will clear out every now and then and use the BounceTek to create his own shot or get in the lane.

If the tendencies work for the CPU as advertised then

# 12 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/06/13 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

Kyrie Isolates 38% of the time.

I really hopes this means that the CPU Kyrie will clear out every now and then and use the BounceTek to create his own shot or get in the lane.

If the tendencies work for the CPU as advertised then

Oooooh I'm feeling that

# 13 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/06/13 01:28 PM
^^^ This will be amazing if the CPU will make use ALL BounceTex moves.

# 14 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
^^^ This will be amazing if the CPU will make use ALL BounceTex moves.
Coupled with all the defensive settings and assignments we have at our disposal..

It's going DOWN

# 15 blingballa333 @ 11/06/13 01:42 PM
Competition is a rude yet effective motivation.

Right now, Live is being RUDE.

Good stuff.

# 16 WTF @ 11/06/13 01:55 PM
Actually really like what I'm seeing out of this stuff. If the demo plays good enough, may make the plunge on it too. Can never have enough NBA.

# 17 Behindshadows @ 11/06/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Actually really like what I'm seeing out of this stuff. If the demo plays good enough, may make the plunge on it too. Can never have enough NBA.
I am getting a free copy for PS4, but will have a Xbox One...lol..

Guess I'll keep it until I get my PS4 in March 2014

# 18 Prino61 @ 11/06/13 02:42 PM
In the perfect world 2k and ea would come together

# 19 poloelite @ 11/06/13 02:52 PM
Can we take all of this and mix it with 2K's gameplay and graphics??

# 20 WTF @ 11/06/13 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I am getting a free copy for PS4, but will have a Xbox One...lol..

Guess I'll keep it until I get my PS4 in March 2014
Or... you could hook a dude up on the cheap

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.