Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The folks at 2K Sports just posted a new screenshot with new information on MyGM mode for NBA 2K14. The screenshots features an owner attribute screen, with a total budget for your franchise with player budgets and payrolls, staff budget, and a budget for team operations -- indicating the possibility of some pretty intense financial options in MyGM mode.

Also, each owner appears to have a set of preferences which will likely act as ratings, with money, team success and image, involvement, franchise morale, and patience being roles in how they approach your management of their franchise.

In the image description, it appears some owners will even try to veto and/or override your decisions on a regular basis.

UPDATE: Another screenshot has been released with a few more details.

Quote:
In NBA 2K14’s MyGM mode, your owner will give you a list of Demands and Wishlists, all based on his personality, that he will want you to accomplish throughout the season and offseason. If you venture too far off course, you’ll likely find yourself unemployed. Do well enough, and you’ll be afforded the opportunity to be your own boss when your purchase your own NBA franchise.

What do you think about the Owners aspect of MyGM?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 AlanTH12 @ 11/06/13 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
Good thing that VC is nowhere to be seen on this picture. Hopefully they realize most of the sim crowd never liked VC to begin with and remove it entirely.
supermati @ 11/06/13 06:09 PM
Good thing that VC is nowhere to be seen on this picture. Hopefully they realize most of the sim crowd never liked VC to begin with and remove it entirely.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXyECsMCMAElpu0.jpg:large

# 62 threattonature @ 11/06/13 04:04 PM
They really just need to do a write up of the mode. Every screen shot just brings more and more questions. I love the idea of playing with a certain type of owner but wonder if you can turn that off. Some people just want to play with their team and completely rebuild them or rework them as they see fit. Will you be able to turn off owner interference or are they just screwed in that regard. I personally would love the realism being brought but again different people play association for different reasons.

# 63 lightning_78 @ 11/06/13 04:12 PM
I really do like what I'm seeing so far with the RPG elements and other factors that add immersion into the mode, I'm looking forward to building my home-state Bucks into a title contender.

Hopefully SimBaller is able to give us a detailed write-up before release day so we can see how in-depth this mode really goes.

# 64 IamGL @ 11/06/13 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
They really just need to do a write up of the mode. Every screen shot just brings more and more questions. I love the idea of playing with a certain type of owner but wonder if you can turn that off. Some people just want to play with their team and completely rebuild them or rework them as they see fit. Will you be able to turn off owner interference or are they just screwed in that regard. I personally would love the realism being brought but again different people play association for different reasons.
i'm pretty sure that the 2K team said that there's going to be a separate Season Mode for those who don't want to be part of the GM experience

# 65 VDusen04 @ 11/06/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGL
i'm pretty sure that the 2K team said that there's going to be a separate Season Mode for those who don't want to be part of the GM experience
I think there's a large faction of folks who wish to participate in a VC-less, free-wheeling Association, where the user is in total control of their own franchise (or multiple franchises) over multiple seasons without worrying about leveling up their front office human. Historically, the Season Mode only allowed gamers to play for one single year.

# 66 threattonature @ 11/06/13 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGL
The question for season mode is will it be just one season or allow you to do multiple seasons.

# 67 Cowboy008 @ 11/06/13 04:40 PM
Man I hope they stop giving us screen shots and actually give us more info on the mode since this looks like the main mode I will be playing.

# 68 asitter @ 11/06/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
VC Luxury Tax?
Thats actually a possibility. What else would keep someone from getting a team like the Lakers that don't care about the tax and just signing everyone you want?

# 69 braves_94 @ 11/06/13 05:37 PM
I call B.S.

For one, the Lakers are obviously owned by the Buss siblings from hell.

Here would be my description, last name changed for licensing reasons:

Beanie and Ben Puss:

After the terrible passing of their father. These two aimless wonderers who know absolutely nothing about NBA basketball took the reigns. They only know of the teams past lustrious history, and can offer nothing more than a bottomless amount of cash to aid your efforts. Be careful not to appeal too much to the other, as jealousy runs amock. And be careful who you hire as a coach, because it just so happens that Beanie his married to the Gym Master, Bill Jackman, one of the greatest coaches is modern day NBA history.

# 70 Jimbo614 @ 11/06/13 05:48 PM
THIS.......and all the other little bells and whistles, thought up by a Corporation with just a little bit of imagination, is precisely why 2K is a success and EA is not.
Nevermind NBA Live would never come up with this idea in the first place, but they could never execute it with the panache that 2K is doing.
If this is going to be a battle, then Id say 2K has arrived at the battlefield armed to the teeth, and with a strategy geared towards the consumer.

# 71 Jimbo614 @ 11/06/13 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
After seeiing this and how each owner will have a different feel, I understand why 32 team control isnt in this mode, it would be way to much to deal with being all 32 teams, unless they put an auto-pilot option in the game where you can assign the cpu to do task you dont want to do for each team.
Think about it.. Whats the difference if you're talking about Coaching Philosophies or Owners? They handle the Coach Profiles pretty well.
Here's an interesting concept... What if your team hires a Coach who's philosophy doesn't match the Owner?
Let's say the Laker Owner wants to win NOW.. But the Coach you put on the team likes to develop players slowly?
What happens?
Will there be a conflict between the Owner ad the Coach? Will Coaches be fired in Mid Season?
Will a team change its personality?

# 72 Jakeness23 @ 11/06/13 06:00 PM
Wonder what working for His Airness will be like.... sounds interesting.

# 73 alsolidus @ 11/06/13 06:18 PM
Did they confirm whether online association will include all of this because if so league retention will be a thing of the past

# 74 MarvinOida @ 11/06/13 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Wonder what working for His Airness will be like.... sounds interesting.
Michael Jordan (or the 2K version, Rob Jones)

Michael Jordan is an old school guy. He loves big men and buries Guards who can be superstars. The Bobcats are as much as a laughing stock as are they are a team, and he fully expects 50-loss seasons for the first couple seasons. Make no mistake, get cheap big guys who lack offensive ability and you will stick with MJ forever.

Owner Preferences
* Money
* Team Success
* Team Image
***** Involvement
* Franchise Morale
Patience

# 75 turty11 @ 11/06/13 06:25 PM
i want to coach for the timberwolves owner! i can pretend im the real coach and bench guys he drafts ^^

# 76 ACarr @ 11/06/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolidus
Did they confirm whether online association will include all of this because if so league retention will be a thing of the past
Hopefully there is an Online Association. Something tells me that this mode will be strictly offline.

# 77 qjrchris2 @ 11/06/13 08:16 PM
You guys should see this!!!

http://t.co/xlq51lJ97h

# 78 J_Posse @ 11/06/13 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
I call B.S.

For one, the Lakers are obviously owned by the Buss siblings from hell.

Here would be my description, last name changed for licensing reasons:

Beanie and Ben Puss:

After the terrible passing of their father. These two aimless wonderers who know absolutely nothing about NBA basketball took the reigns. They only know of the teams past lustrious history, and can offer nothing more than a bottomless amount of cash to aid your efforts. Be careful not to appeal too much to the other, as jealousy runs amock. And be careful who you hire as a coach, because it just so happens that Beanie his married to the Gym Master, Bill Jackman, one of the greatest coaches is modern day NBA history.
Post of the thread!!!! LOL

But, is Beanie a woman (Jeanie Buss) or a guy? Your description of him/her confused the hell out of me.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 79 Steve_OS @ 11/06/13 09:34 PM
Another screenshot and details have been added to the OP.

# 80 asu666 @ 11/06/13 10:22 PM
I'm loving the operations aspect. In an owner mode, I like having control over the team and business.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.