Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

PlayStation.Blog has posted a new NBA 2K14 next-gen blog detailing the new Eco-Motion, which brings the NBA experience to life. With Eco-Motion, players will see more crowd reactions, better atmosphere, coaching strategies, real player voices, and emotion of the game.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 361 Jesus White @ 11/07/13 02:13 PM
So is 2k14 coming to xbox one because at the moment all we're seeing is PS4 stuff (yes I know 2k14 is actually coming to xbox one, its just odd all the information is being highlighted as for PS4)

# 362 lakers24 @ 11/07/13 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus White
So is 2k14 coming to xbox one because at the moment all we're seeing is PS4 stuff (yes I know 2k14 is actually coming to xbox one, its just odd all the information is being highlighted as for PS4)
Just marketing, same thing EA does w/ MS

# 363 TerminallyOdd @ 11/07/13 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Ronnie also said they are recording game play tomorrow and are hoping to post it afterwards. Not sure if that means Friday or next week sometime.
He posted that yesterday, so hopefully they put some gameplay up soon.

# 364 Jesus White @ 11/07/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Just marketing, same thing EA does w/ MS
That's good then

# 365 diehardknicksfan @ 11/07/13 06:10 PM
It would be really awesome if 2k cold get the announcers to react to what's going on around them.

Like if a player runs off the court into the announcers table they react to it and say something. While they tried to avoid/help the player up

# 366 nextlevelshhhh @ 11/07/13 06:15 PM
The reason their focusing on graphics instead of gameplay is because the gameplay has not been changed that much , and this is pretty obvious in the gameplay video that was released at gamespot .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 367 javicd21 @ 11/07/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Nothing really special about them maybe its just because i can't stand Miami if Lebron left they wouldn't have fans..
They would have me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

# 368 Boilerbuzz @ 11/07/13 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextlevelshhhh
The reason their focusing on graphics instead of gameplay is because the gameplay has not been changed that much , and this is pretty obvious in the gameplay video that was released at gamespot .
Agreed. It's pretty clear they are having problems making basketball look more like something else. Something more next-genny. How hard could it be? They've had 3 years to work on this.

# 369 23 @ 11/07/13 06:48 PM
Quote:

ABSOLUTELY!!

1.The graphics artists and the gameplay designers and engineers are all the exact same people.

2. You've obviously played the game so THANKS for the review

Honestly, I feel so much better knowing that.

# 370 RocketTMac1 @ 11/07/13 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
ABSOLUTELY!!

1.The graphics artists and the gameplay designers and engineers are all the exact same people.

# 371 StankonYa @ 11/07/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenney
This Chalmers scene had me rollin

Yes..this had me thinking it was real again.
It also had me rolling as well.

# 372 Dmac1991 @ 11/07/13 07:42 PM
I've been thinking about how broke I'ma be next week after dropping 500 for the Ps4 but after seeing this, things are starting to look better

# 373 NINJAK2 @ 11/07/13 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenney
This Chalmers scene had me rollin

Chalmers is the Rodney Dangerfield of the HEAT: He gets no respect I tell ya....

Looks phenomenal and I was thinking about making the jump to the XBone but all the love 2k is showing ps4 is making me question if I will be getting an equally compelling product. Probably 6months to a year away from one..

# 374 Eman5805 @ 11/07/13 09:57 PM
For some reason Chalmers looks like Stephon Urkell (the alterego that was supposed to be sexy but was really goofier looking than regular Urkel) in that gif.

# 375 timotim19 @ 11/07/13 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81
Well if it is a trend, it's a trend that the mighty Microsoft started. Microsoft's logo is all over EA's games. Hell, Sony had to get in there somewhere. Microsoft is trying to bully the market to overcompensate for their weaker system.

But in the case of NBA 2K14, the games should be pretty much identical of each other.
Which one is weaker is neither here nor there for me... I let the games decide that. Forza 5 is the only next-gen retail game that runs 1080p/60FPS and is an exclusive. Ryse looks to be at the top of the graphical prowess outside of NBA2K14 and Killzone. However, I'm simply talking about 2K putting out pre-release content for all the platforms their games run on. Both 360 and PS3 got the same screens just shown on their own respectful platforms. I'm not a fan of this advertising for one platform of a multiplatform game.

# 376 nextlevelshhhh @ 11/07/13 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
ABSOLUTELY!!

It doesn't take someone to play it to realize the gameplay is the same. Just look at the little amount of gameplay video that we did get. You can clearly see it's very similar to the 2k14 for current gen. Sure they may have added small touches like better foot planting but it's basically the same.

Also with only 1 week left until the game comes out they would have been taking about all the gameplay changes by now, and have not... the reason for that is because their isn't a lot of changes.

Their is a reason they have been holding out on gameplay videos.

# 377 sportzbro @ 11/07/13 11:39 PM
B-B-BUT LIVING WORLDS!

# 378 hesko @ 11/08/13 02:31 PM
would like to know if eco motion lets you jump the scorers table and how does it relate to on court crowd reaction. diving in crowds to save the ball.

# 379 hesko @ 11/08/13 02:33 PM
i also hope they add the missing camera men on the baseline on both sides of the court and the missing announcers at the scorers table. all don't have to be official except the guys y'all got calling the game.

# 380 23 @ 11/08/13 07:03 PM
Quote:
It doesn't take someone to play it to realize the gameplay is the same. Just look at the little amount of gameplay video that we did get. You can clearly see it's very similar to the 2k14 for current gen. Sure they may have added small touches like better foot planting but it's basically the same.

Also with only 1 week left until the game comes out they would have been taking about all the gameplay changes by now, and have not... the reason for that is because their isn't a lot of changes.

Their is a reason they have been holding out on gameplay videos.

Then since its the same, stick with current gen while we move on

Not that I agree with you and I won't even keep this up... you'll be more than satisfied that you saved 60 bucks knowing its ALL the same.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.