Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

In NBA 2K14’s MyGM mode, we’ve completely re-designed team Staff and how they interact with the game. Staff members at each position can have up to 3 Staff Badges; these are the staff equivalents of Signature Skills. Be careful though, Staff can also have negative Staff Badges that may put your team at risk. Putting together a staff that fits the makeup of your roster is critical in building a championship roster.

In NBA 2K14’s MyGM mode, keeping your adoring fans happy will become multi-faceted as you now need to ensure they aren’t feeling too light in the pockets. You will have full control over EVERY aspect of your team’s financial situation, right down to setting the prices for various gameday income (tickets, hot dogs, souvenirs, parking, and much more). Maintaining the happiness of the fans and your Owner is a very delicate balance…

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 asitter @ 11/07/13 05:22 PM
Are we supposed to get a big write up or anything anytime soon?

# 22 supermati @ 11/07/13 05:39 PM
Good stuff here. Now please remove VC from the mode.

# 23 lakers24 @ 11/07/13 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Mhm which makes me feel that if might be full of texts like in wwe games

# 24 supermati @ 11/07/13 05:47 PM
Quote:
If the mode is good (and with VC having minimal impact now that we know it's there), then I really don't care if it's text or hand signals.

# 25 lsu4life86 @ 11/07/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I didnt even know there was an assistant gm in real life, so im a lil confused what does he do that the main gm doesnt do.
Would be cool if you opted to simulate the gm part (contract talks, interactions ,etc) that it would then be based off the asst. GMs rating

# 26 YTabuse @ 11/07/13 06:13 PM
Quote:

# 27 burritoKURUMA @ 11/07/13 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I didnt even know there was an assistant gm in real life, so im a lil confused what does he do that the main gm doesnt do.
No idea how this translates into the game (obviously), but in real life the GM has an entire team of people, usually multiple assistants.

Being a GM takes a lot, and it's much too big a job for a single person. The GM typically has final say (aside from the owner) and does most of the delegation of duties, but scouting, drafting, developing plans for free agency/trades/etc. is a team effort.

To try to stay on-topic, I think it'd be cool if the Assistant GM comes up with ideas from time to time, like (totally hypothetical example) "Hey Portland is off to a rough start and has virtually no shot at the playoffs this year. I think we could potentially pry LaMarcus Aldridge from them."

To take it quite literally, I think the Assistant GM should give suggestions on what you should do. Depending on the person, those suggestions might be good or bad. I'd like that.

# 28 Gosens6 @ 11/07/13 07:05 PM

# 29 Gosens6 @ 11/07/13 07:05 PM
We can set prices for concessions, tickets and other things it seems!!

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

# 30 RocketTMac1 @ 11/07/13 07:16 PM
Other than the conversations this sounds like Madden's CCM.

# 31 RobMUFC1987 @ 11/07/13 07:17 PM
Theme Park? Lol. Surely the GM doesn't worry about Ice Cream?

# 32 JMUfootball @ 11/07/13 07:21 PM
Jazz game must have been a blowout, people running to the concessions.

Seriously though this is great, revenue is something that never should have been taken out of sports franchise modes in the mid-aughts, glad to see it come back in what's already one of the best franchise modes around.

# 33 VDusen04 @ 11/07/13 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMUFC1987
Theme Park? Lol. Surely the GM doesn't worry about Ice Cream?
I would suppose this aspect stems from when a gamer becomes the owner of a franchise. I approve of this particular portion.

# 34 MarvinOida @ 11/07/13 07:35 PM
This looks towards not really myGM but more of myOwner with a board of director representative. This really reminds me of EA's Owner Mode from MVP Baseball and Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 35 seanbarkley @ 11/07/13 07:35 PM
If the game was against Milwaukee they should have added some champagne

# 36 Phreezy P @ 11/07/13 07:45 PM
Overpriced soda.

# 37 Melbournelad @ 11/07/13 08:00 PM
Now this is what I like to see! Looks like the financial aspect will be a very good addition.

# 38 Sundown @ 11/07/13 08:12 PM
No Beer?

What a terrible franchise.

# 39 Gman 18 @ 11/07/13 08:14 PM
Im looking forward to playing it and seeing how good it is

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

# 40 Melbournelad @ 11/07/13 08:34 PM
I really hope this revamp of the staff means we can finally hire assistant coaches as head coach.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.