Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports just released the new Living Worlds trailer for next-gen Madden NFL 25.

Your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 El_Poopador @ 11/11/13 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
2K14 is 50GB. NEXT GEN PORTED MADDEN is a measly 20GB... just a higher textured port
what does the size of the game have to do with the quality of it?

# 182 icicle22 @ 11/11/13 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
http://youtu.be/iO37nwfjxrE

Here's the commercial in case you missed it.
Holy Moly! For one brief second I thought that first shot was gameplay before I realized they were watching a live game and can switch over to the video game via the XBOX one. Once the real game loaded....it did look kinda like the same old same old. You really can't even tell it's not current gen.

Anyway....for a few seconds I was like "Wow!" but that was because it was a real football game. Time to temper my expectations once again.

Peace.

# 183 Only1LT @ 11/11/13 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Does basic troubleshooting not tell us the problem doesn't lie with the devs?

How many times have devs moved on since the game was good? Don't you think that maybe, just maybe the problem may well rest with people well above the devs who have a false perception of what might make a good game?
First, djordan said that they need to fire everyone, so he wasn't just talking about the devs.

Second, you are partially right. There is one constant amidst all the changes, but it isn't the constant that you are thinking. The constant is Tiburon.

No matter how many lead designers and game overseers they bring is, it's still Tiburon. So what they brought in Kolbe, or Mike Wang, or whoever else they bring in? It's still Tiburon. What are they going to change? It's still 99% of the same people still working on the game and developing the game around the same code base that was created by people that left or were fired 10yrs ago. As well intentioned as any of these new hires might be, it would take them years to change all that has been done by the 99% of the people still working on the game or who have worked on it previously.

Look, we don't have the whole story, and I'm not pretending to, but short of a sworn affidavit by EA, I will not believe that "the suits" are ruining the work of some otherwise stellar group of individuals at this studio. Refuse to believe it.

So "the suits" say that they need a back of the box feature? So what? If I look at the back of the box of every iteration ever made of NBA 2K, MLB the Show, FIFA, NHL, NFL 2K, APF 2K, etc, etc, will I not see features listed? They all have back of the box features. The difference is how they are implemented, number one, and the quality of the rest of the game, besides said features, number two.

The problems with Madden go much deeper than anybody wearing a suit. It's noble that people want to liberate Tiburon from the criticism of their own creation, but it's poorly misplaced, IMO.

Tiburon is the constant. Change Tiburon and you will see the grandest changes that you have ever seen in one iteration of Madden. There is no way that this would not be the case. A different studio would not use Tiburon's existing code base, so everything would literally be built anew, and not built from the ground up but still exactly the same, like it is now.

I'm not saying this will ever happen, I'm just saying that changing leads and even changing "the suits" won't have as much effect as giving the reigns of development to an entirely different studio.

# 184 jyoung @ 11/11/13 12:13 PM
Screen grab from the IGN FIFA 14 PS4 review:

Spoiler

No noticeable repeats in that shot, plus an even ratio of men to women.

Will Madden be able match this?

# 185 Only1LT @ 11/11/13 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Spoiler

I think that the two women with the red shirt and short black hair are the same model, but doing different things, but there definitely are very few repeats.

# 186 roadman @ 11/11/13 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Spoiler

Maybe in a year or two?

Hopefully.

# 187 jyoung @ 11/11/13 12:17 PM
Another grab from the IGN review:

Spoiler

You can see some similarities in attire, but the fact that the people are all doing different animations makes it barely noticeable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.