Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports just released the new Living Worlds trailer for next-gen Madden NFL 25.

Your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CarryTheWeight @ 11/07/13 05:36 PM
Not horrible for a first attempt at dynamic sidelines. If player/body types remain the same until Madden 2020, then I'll have a major issue. The fact APF2K8 included a (lower-poly) version of every player authentically modeled on the sidelines still jumps out at me all these years later. Why Madden lags behind (on more powerful hardware, no less) makes little sense.

I'm hoping, when Madden introduces real-time presentation (HAS to be next year), we can see players dynamically sub one-another out with no major change in graphical fidelity. Until then, this will have to do. I'm OK giving the first year excuse for the sidelines. Next year needs to make bigger strides, no excuses there.

As for the repeating characters in the crowd, again...something EA needs to improve immensely in future iterations. With the news that The Show has expanded the variety of its audience models, Madden needs to follow suit. Again, I'll excuse the "first year implementation" but that doesn't mean I'll excuse it any longer.

# 42 Sturzinator @ 11/07/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Hmmmm.. the crowd stuff didn't look too spectacular to me. But I do like the living sidelines thing, and Chip Kelly looks great (die hard eagles fan here). I've been thinking for a while that Madden's gameplay is good enough, the things that have prevented me from playing as much as I used to are the little things, like graphics or stuff like living sidelines.
We all march to different beats don't we ?

I think the game play is horrid and the graphics and fluff more than good enough.

Exactly the opposite!

# 43 wordtobigbird @ 11/07/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
I'm hoping, when Madden introduces real-time presentation (HAS to be next year), we can see players dynamically sub one-another out with no major change in graphical fidelity. Until then, this will have to do. I'm OK giving the first year excuse for the sidelines. Next year needs to make bigger strides, no excuses there.
Oh wow. Never thought of that. That would be dope to be able to see who the offense/defense is bringing onto the field while I'm picking my play.

# 44 CarryTheWeight @ 11/07/13 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Oh wow. Never thought of that. That would be dope to be able to see who the offense/defense is bringing onto the field while I'm picking my play.
One of FIFA's major selling points is a real-time "virtual director" (their words, not mine). Everything in that game will happen in real-time according to the developers. I played the demo at a Sony Store recently and it's pretty much exactly as they say.

Frankly, when other EA Sports titles are improving their presentation I'm a bit shocked to see Madden still employing the same tired cutscenes. Even next-gen FIFA 14's bench/sideline models are the actual player models (that, or each bench player rendered at a slightly lower resolution like in APF2K8 or the current-gen NBA 2K titles).

# 45 charter04 @ 11/07/13 05:47 PM
Quote:
Madden 92-93 had that.

# 46 wordtobigbird @ 11/07/13 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
One of FIFA's major selling points is a real-time "virtual director" (their words, not mine). Everything in that game will happen in real-time according to the developers. I played the demo at a Sony Store recently and it's pretty much exactly as they say.

Frankly, when other EA Sports titles are improving their presentation I'm a bit shocked to see Madden still employing the same tired cutscenes. Even next-gen FIFA 14's bench/sideline models are the actual player models (that, or each bench player rendered at a slightly lower resolution like in APF2K8 or the current-gen NBA 2K titles).
Haven't heard of this, would you happen to remember where you read about?

I got to play Fifa on XBoxOne and everything did happen real time. When you get a foul, the players react to it while one is picking up the ball and setting it to kick off. After you score the celebrations start and you can still run around while they celebrate. Its a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Madden 92-93 had that.
Before my time haha. Earliest football I can remember playing is Quarterbackclub on N64.

# 47 newtonfb @ 11/07/13 05:51 PM
its sad that 2k8 sidelines were way better. If im not mistaken i remember 2k8 had each most if not all individual players have their own cpu logic on the sidelines. This looks like 1 or maybe 2 people react while others look like they are robots and do all the same things. Embarrassing

# 48 SageInfinite @ 11/07/13 06:00 PM
Where's the living worlds trailer? Did EA scrap the living worlds trailer? Is it canceled? Is it ever gonna drop????

With that said, the feature is just as underwhelming as the entire game seems like it is. Really doesn't look like hundreds of characters on the sidelines. Also doesn't seem like everyone is aware of what is going on. Hopefully they actually build and improve all of this instead of saying they will and then scrap it.

# 49 CarryTheWeight @ 11/07/13 06:00 PM
Quote:

I got to play Fifa on XBoxOne and everything did happen real time. When you get a foul, the players react to it while one is picking up the ball and setting it to kick off. After you score the celebrations start and you can still run around while they celebrate. Its a nice touch.
Developers have mentioned in videos and interviews that they've tried to emulate Sky Sports's presentation and allow things to happen in real-time. During a few of the Living Worlds trailers you can see players like Gerard Pique lean over and watch the game as it happens on the pitch. I can also attest to zooming in during replay mode and seeing each player on the bench. They probably won't interact with players like Madden's will, seeing as though soccer/football benches are enclosed and further away from the action, but it's very reassuring nonetheless.

Since you asked, here's an article I found that talked about that in detail: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ifa-challenge/

Anyway, back on topic. It just surprises me the amount of detail in FIFA compared to what Madden's done. Is it a good starting point? Yes, but I expect to see much more from Madden in coming years. No excuse for why two titles under the "EA Sports Ignite" banner are so philosophically different from one-another.

# 50 wordtobigbird @ 11/07/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Thanks!

Flags waving are a nice touch. Madden fan signs coming soon? Terrible towels?

The ball boy is cool touch.

I LOVE the dynamic pulling on arms/jersey. This is how the DBs should play the WRs. Bad DBs get their hands on them more and get called for defensive holding/PI.

Very good reaction after the guy missed the shot. They zoom in on the rest of his reaction instead of having cut scenes. Would be good for when a WR drops a pass, instead of running up the field like he has no idea the ball bounced of his hand. He should react like this.

This video actually got me more hype for future Madden's than the living world trailer.

Quote:
Since you asked, here's an article I found that talked about that in detail: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ifa-challenge/

Anyway, back on topic. It just surprises me the amount of detail in FIFA compared to what Madden's done. Is it a good starting point? Yes, but I expect to see much more from Madden in coming years. No excuse for why two titles under the "EA Sports Ignite" banner are so philosophically different from one-another.
Thanks for the link. And I agree. I expect Madden to follow suit if Fifa is doing it. unfortunately the wait till next august is a long one.

# 51 charter04 @ 11/07/13 06:04 PM
Quote:

Before my time haha. Earliest football I can remember playing is Quarterbackclub on N64.
LOL. Don't make me feel old. Madden 92 for Sega. Look it up on youtube. When you called plays you chose different packages. Normal, Hands, Big, Fast on offense. On defense it was just like 4-3 or 3-4 or nickel. When you went to different package or chose to bring in an extra DB or whatever you saw a player or player run off the field and the new one run on. It was pretty cool. This was in real time as you called play. That's 16 bit football that has something more real to life then next gen.

# 52 huntt26 @ 11/07/13 06:06 PM
So all of the sideline players in the NFL wear helmets and don't have nameplates on their jersey? Fail.

# 53 wordtobigbird @ 11/07/13 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
LOL. Don't make me feel old. Madden 92 for Sega. Look it up on youtube. When you called plays you chose different packages. Normal, Hands, Big, Fast on offense. On defense it was just like 4-3 or 3-4 or nickel. When you went to different package or chose to bring in an extra DB or whatever you saw a player or player run off the field and the new one run on. It was pretty cool. This was in real time as you called play. They were the real player too. If the guy was black or white they were represented that way. That's 16 bit football that has something more real to life then next gen.
Found it.

http://youtu.be/f_H5UqkNcZQ?t=1m42s

Really is impressive and its one of those "little things" that turns out to be a big thing. Especially because its kind of hard to tell who is in on defense in madden from the standard view.

Quote:
So all of the sideline players in the NFL wear helmets and don't have nameplates on their jersey? Fail.
WOW! Didn't even realize that either! Why are they wearing helmets?!

Like I said earlier, I am a fan of what they are doing. The direction they are heading. But when you bring attention to something but in fact don't pay attention to the details, you end up looking worse. So I hope people don't think I'm just bashing. But they tell you to look at how great the sideline interaction is and you can easily point out 5 things wrong with the sidelines. Now I am already looking for living worlds 2.0 and I haven't even got to play this version.

# 54 worldindus @ 11/07/13 06:49 PM
Definitely liking what I have seen and heard so far about next gen madden. I think that there is a definite upgrade in graphics and the upgrades to crowd AI is awesome. I Can't wait for this game!

# 55 JMUfootball @ 11/07/13 07:04 PM
This is nothing really that great.

1- The crowd cutscenes are still pre-packaged videos. There's nothing "living" about a scripted group of 4 detailed fans hooting and hollering the same way in every stadium, with different jerseys on.

2- Crowd animations still look terrible taken in context. I saw about 30% of the visible crowd all wave their arms in unison in one clip, same as current gen. Again there is nothing "living" about this.

To me, living worlds is the ability to run out of bounds and have the sideline react in a dynamic unscripted, yet appropriate way every time, WITHIN THE SAME FRAME OF ACTION. This video looked like a lot of cutscenes. You run out of bounds and it triggers the cutscene of your players helping you back inbounds. This is not a "living world", it's heavier usage of the very cutscenes that kill any sort of worldly immersion.

# 56 CT Pitbull @ 11/07/13 07:07 PM
well the crowd seems better but we'll see. if they truly do react appropriately at the right times it will be an upgrade. didn't see many women in the crowd though?

as for the sidelines they look pretty bad. why does every player look the same and NOT look like their actual self in game? why does every player on the sideline have absolutely NO equipment on their arms. The REAL players NEED to be represented on the sidelines! With their correct gear on to pull off "realness". They have guys over there that aren't even the right color(Lance Briggs). sidelines still look empty we'll see how it looks in game but maybe they should have just added what they did and NOT make a FULL FEATURE about it. To actually save this for last is pretty baffling by the marketing dept. Usually the last bit of info is the one that everyone is waiting for and the strongest of the marketing campaign. living worlds just isn't there yet. these guys got a lot of work to do with a game who's hardcore fan base is probably more fed up with mediocre than any other video game title.

# 57 Playmaker76 @ 11/07/13 07:17 PM
This trailer doesn't look horrible, but let's remember how bad Madden 06 was for the Xbox 360. GLORIFIED DEMO. Just saying.

Trying not to be too harsh though.

# 58 kehlis @ 11/07/13 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's getting really old that people can't express an opinion without the someone making fun of that opinion.

Who the hell wants to make a opinion here if they will be continuously mocked?
It's getting veryyyy old and I am getting really tired of it.

# 59 roadman @ 11/07/13 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's getting veryyyy old and I am getting really tired of it.
It's getting really old that people can't express an opinion without the someone making fun of that opinion.

Who the hell wants to make a opinion here if they will be continuously mocked?

I did delete the comment after thinking twice about it, but I will re-enter the comment since you agreed.

# 60 CT Pitbull @ 11/07/13 07:30 PM
it also seems as if EVERY player on the sidelines is forced to wear a standard 2 bar facemask. where did their real facemasks go? does it make sense to render 2 different guys one "bot" for the sidelines and one "real" for the on field action? I know there are probably like 3 or 4 different types of players on the sidelines which represent the entire NFL. Why not put the real players over there ESPECIALLY if these are cut scenes.

What will truly make this worse is if everytime Forte runs out of bounds we see the same cut scene with Briggs in it and Jennings in the back ground.

At this point I think I would have rather seen another gameplay feature added than this half hearted effort at starting living worlds.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.