Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports just released the new Living Worlds trailer for next-gen Madden NFL 25.

Your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 hawley088 @ 11/07/13 07:49 PM
was just watching videos of Madden 06, this Madden is leaps and bounds better. The series has come along way since then. Just think if this Madden 25 is the "06" of this generation, what will madden 5 years from now be like? Madden 06 to the Madden of today is a completely different game

I am excited again for some reason. Everything I dont like in Madden they appeared to have fixed or improved. I dont want a 100% realistic simulator, if I wanted that I would join a community football league and actually play the real sport

# 62 BlackJack_Williams @ 11/07/13 07:49 PM
While it's definitely appreciate, it's nothing really new... especially the sidelines. It's been done before. The players themselves look meh but I'd take it in order to have a more interactive world. I'm not going next gen but it's good to see progress.

# 63 CT Pitbull @ 11/07/13 07:54 PM
yea most of us are grown *** men here so if you don't like the game fine if you do, good for you. its not really worth clowning someone who really like madden.

for me, I do like madden if I hated the game I wouldn't be here. BUT im really getting tired of this game being the laughing stock of the major sports video game franchises. Im frustrated. Football is the most lucrative sport in this country. Why is its digital representation so sub par? Definitely makes it worse that its the only game in town as well but regardless...

Forget about video game cycles and what not. EA needs to open the checkbook ASAP and get these current dev guys an abundance of talented programmers to help fix this game faster than the current rate it is on. Not to say these new guys arent trying but obviously they NEED help. They need to make up the ground on the other sports games or they will be stuck at the back of the bus this whole generation AGAIN. I know the NCAA team, or what is left of it will help but maybe they need even more help.

# 64 testudoaubreii @ 11/07/13 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
THE STYLIN'
AND PROFILIN'
LIMOUSINE RIDIN'
JET FLYIN'
NAITCHA BOY
PETE
CARROLL

Spoiler

WOO!
lol...Is that a cereal bowl on his ear?

# 65 testudoaubreii @ 11/07/13 08:50 PM
Man, I don't know why all of you have your panties in a bunch about Pete Carrol. I mean, he looks exactly like he does in real life. Look:

# 66 Hassan Darkside @ 11/07/13 09:02 PM
Can't get hyped off of a bunch of half-assed features. Yay, living worlds. The crowd is more animated, it's 3D. But it's the same repetitive animations and the same person in the same clothing. Interactive sidelines! But low resolution mannequins that all look alike. So yes, it's an improvement but what's it an improvement over? 2D crowd which was ported over from PS2/Xbox and a lifeless sideline full of clay dolls? So yes, the bar's been raised, but it's only knee level to Verne Troyer.

The other thing that I kind of fear and expect is that these features won't get touched for another 2-3 years. It's obviously a low priority thing that took them all the way until this generation to get in and it was only done half way. So I don't expect to see any improvement for another few years as it remains an extremely low priority thing. This is why this sports franchise is so damn frustrating. JUST DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

I'm done.

# 67 Gagnon39 @ 11/07/13 09:06 PM
Good God. Who designed the Bears uniforms!? The stripes on the sleeves and the GSH are ridiculously large.

# 68 djordan @ 11/07/13 09:14 PM
Man..... I'll just say this. If I would've told you 10 years ago we would have presentation that is lacking like we see now, everyone here would quote my post saying "YEAHHHHHHHHHHH RIGHT!!!!"

Like I've said before... EA needs to fire everyone at EA Tiburon who is directly involved with making Madden because clearly they aren't capable of making a solid football game which includes solid gameplay and presentation elements. If you look at the other various next gen sports game offering you will see they go above and beyond expectations whether it's gameplay,animations, or presentation elements within the game.

One can visit MLB the show forums + NBA 2k forums and see the MASSIVE leaps in regards to gameplay,animation, and presentation aspects of the game. Once one visits the Madden forum and views the videos EA has created , one is left confused and shrugging their shoulders saying to themselves "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS GARBAGE???"

Cut scenes for when players go out of bounds??? Really???

Screw that....Cut Scenes in the year 2013??? COME ON!!!!!!!!!

It's sad....SO SAD!!!...

# 69 Earl1963 @ 11/07/13 09:15 PM
Finally a lively crowd, been waiting for this in a football game. Looking forward to this game.

# 70 kehlis @ 11/07/13 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Like I've said before... EA needs to fire everyone at EA Tiburon who is directly involved with making Madden because clearly they aren't capable of making a solid football game which includes solid gameplay and presentation elements.
Does basic troubleshooting not tell us the problem doesn't lie with the devs?

How many times have devs moved on since the game was good? Don't you think that maybe, just maybe the problem may well rest with people well above the devs who have a false perception of what might make a good game?

# 71 SageInfinite @ 11/07/13 09:21 PM
I highly doubt the out of bounds sidelines interactions are cutscenes. If they were Tiburon would've used the high res models like they do on current gen.

# 72 SageInfinite @ 11/07/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

How many times have devs moved on since the game was good? Don't you think that maybe, just maybe the problem may well rest with people well above the devs who have a false perception of what might make a good game?
I agree somewhat, but it still doesn't explain the bad implementation and the numerous silly bugs. Or the head scratching omissions, like no head sets on the head coaches for current gen. I highly doubt a suit said "Hey no headsets on coaches! Save that for next gen......".

# 73 BenGerman @ 11/07/13 09:27 PM
Thought that looked really good, actually.

# 74 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/07/13 09:30 PM
I understand how some can be disappointed or upset, IMO the gameplay on the field is the only thing that matters to me.

Even with flaws on CG, I had fun with madden. With a real QB pocket, pass rush, and more player animations them I'm set.

# 75 djordan @ 11/07/13 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

So you're saying if the 2k devs/programmers who code the game who worked on the 2K series came to EA, the same issues will still persist such as silly bugs, lacking of fluid animations, lackluster presentation, and other features? You're saying if the programmers were different, we would have the same results?

I don't think so...

# 76 roadman @ 11/07/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I agree somewhat, but it still doesn't explain the bad implementation and the numerous silly bugs. Or the head scratching omissions, like no head sets on the head coaches for current gen. I highly doubt a suit said "Hey no headsets on coaches! Save that for next gen......".
Now, on the other hand, I wouldn't put it past marketing.

# 77 Hilldog39 @ 11/07/13 09:35 PM
Is it just me or with all these NG trailers and short sprouts of gameplay footage zoomed in close up, I have yet to see ANY refs on the field??? Really kills the immersion not seeing any refs.

# 78 kehlis @ 11/07/13 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's a fair point but I will stand by my troubleshooting analogy.

If the variable keeps changing with no success, what is the constant that is unchanged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
So you're saying if the 2k devs/programmers who code the game who worked on the 2K series came to EA, the same issues will still persist such as silly bugs, lacking of fluid animations, lackluster presentation, and other features? You're saying if the programmers were different, we would have the same results?

I don't think so...
A dev came over to Madden from the Show this year. How did that change Madden?

# 79 Abnormal101 @ 11/07/13 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Omg dude, why are you hating so hard. I'm guessing you're not buying a next gen system

# 80 Earl1963 @ 11/07/13 09:55 PM
I think a live crowd does wonders for the emersion of a game. It's why I prefer Live 10 over any 2k hoop game. The crowd reaction to whats happening on the field is huge, and gets me pumped, like Russell Wilson says when he's playing at home.

This gonna be good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.