Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports just released the new Living Worlds trailer for next-gen Madden NFL 25.

Your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 sportzbro @ 11/07/13 11:33 PM
This could not be a more disappointing release. What a train wreck. Everything that they were touting and teasing over the summer is the most minimal, barebones, HACK version of itself.

# 102 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/07/13 11:41 PM
I'm excited and looking forward to playing. Some of things they added will help me enjoy the game even more. Can't wait to feel how the the pocket will be formed and finally get a pass rush at the same time.

# 103 wech @ 11/07/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
For my job, the higher ups (who have never been exposed to what they are making the decisions for) who sit around because they have nothing better to do and come up with all these "great ideas" that when implemented cause nothing but problems.
Do you work with me?!?!?!?!? lol

# 104 jpdavis82 @ 11/07/13 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
Yep, EA Sports failed in Next Gen. I guess we can all agree.
I disagree, but even if that was the case for this year, that certainly does not mean Madden failed in next gen. This one year is not going to speak for the entire generation.

# 105 jpdavis82 @ 11/07/13 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
I'm not going to lie, it's an improvement towards the right direction and it is good they are finally implementing sideline interaction. They only thing bothering me about all this is, this sideline stuff was done almost 7 years ago and was done even better with older console technology??? hmm.. What took them so long?? And who really knows if this sideline living world stuff is cut-scenes?? Is it live in game? If this is cut-scenes, how bad will EA sports look??
It's not cutscenes and the game that did it before never had NFL teams players and stadiums to model. I'm sure Madden could have interactive sidelines too if they didn't render all 32 teams stadiums.

# 106 AmericasTeam @ 11/08/13 12:21 AM
Next gen seems like a pretty good upgrade. It's far from perfect, but there's enough there to make it fun. I think I'll be picking it up for the PS4.

Here's hoping this team makes great strides with the new hardware and blows us away with Madden 15.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 107 StormsWarning @ 11/08/13 12:35 AM
not long to go now, you mark my words... all these people that have been downgrading people for wanting to have the game, all the people that having been dogging this game, you watch when videos start coming out and people see madden in 1080p @ 60 fps on ps4! they gone be running to the store i promise you, but they aint gone have the heart to come back and apologize for all that craziness, you watch.... im amped up for madden, I like what i see, ive said this from the jump! they are trying, next year version will be even better.

Real Sim Madden Fans Stand Up!

# 108 eaw913 @ 11/08/13 12:40 AM
One thing Madden does right is stadiums. Man they look good.

# 109 SmashMan @ 11/08/13 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
They only thing bothering me about all this is, this sideline stuff was done almost 7 years ago and was done even better with older console technology??? hmm.. What took them so long??
Obviously it wasn't planned for when the current gen started, and without planning to have interactive sidelines, they couldn't achieve it without cuts to the on-field graphic fidelity.

If you look at 2K8, they clearly planned for it, so they prioritized things they wanted to do with the tech to achieve it. A little bit to the on-field stuff, some for the stadiums, some love for the crowds and then interactive sidelines. Madden put heavy emphasis on the graphic quality of the on-field action, so there were few resources to spread out to the others areas.

# 110 charter04 @ 11/08/13 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I disagree, but even if that was the case for this year, that certainly does not mean Madden failed in next gen. This one year is not going to speak for the entire generation.
And not only that but, we haven't even played the game yet. lol. I'm not saying I like everything I'm seeing but, some guys on here are jumping the gun a little. Almost like they can't wait for Madden to fail. Those are the guys I just don't get.

# 111 rootofalleli @ 11/08/13 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
was just watching videos of Madden 06, this Madden is leaps and bounds better. The series has come along way since then. Just think if this Madden 25 is the "06" of this generation, what will madden 5 years from now be like? Madden 06 to the Madden of today is a completely different game
Hmm... Madden 05? If we're lucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Does basic troubleshooting not tell us the problem doesn't lie with the devs?

How many times have devs moved on since the game was good? Don't you think that maybe, just maybe the problem may well rest with people well above the devs who have a false perception of what might make a good game?
Yep. In fact they don't seem to be after a good game - just a good product. They've let different teams try over the years to make good games. But they've always been constrained by the product needs: low cost and new marketing features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
So you're saying if the 2k devs/programmers who code the game who worked on the 2K series came to EA, the same issues will still persist such as silly bugs, lacking of fluid animations, lackluster presentation, and other features? You're saying if the programmers were different, we would have the same results?

I don't think so...
If those guys came to EA, maybe 1/4 of them would be let go on day one to save money. The rest would be handed a bunch of online user data, focus group surveys, and internet poll results to help determine priorities. When they found a way to fix something, they'd be told, "It's fine - we worked on that for years, and most users have different priorities." When they came up with changes to implement a few cycles down the line, they'd get less manpower than they needed and be told to deliver a "working" feature a cycle or two early. Marketing would then come up with buzzwords for every feature and describe it as revolutionary. After release, when customers started finding nasty, nasty bugs or just started begging for fine-tuning, nearly everyone would be working on other projects or next year's game. No point in working on something you already sold, right? That's how you screw over your people.

I've never worked for EA, but I have worked for companies that took advantage of very distorted markets. It's easy to work 70+ hour weeks and still leave your job half done. Luckily my work required me to be face to face with clients, so they could see me at the office all day every day totally mobbed until late at night. That bought me some forgiveness (and the occasional sandwich). We can't see the EA devs, but almost everyone in software development works like a slave anyway, so let's assume EA isn't sending these guys home at 5:00 with a pat on the back.

Look at Josh Looman. He put so many awesomely detailed, realistic ideas into the Head Coach games. Some people are begging to have the options from Head Coach in Madden. Now he gives us Madden's awful practice mode that is like a regular game minus any trace of personality. He gives us no assistant coaches, no scouting combine, unrealistic scouting, and player development based on, idk, Final Fantasy. Maybe he'll have the freedom to innovate again soon, and maybe he'll have the support to actually complete his innovative ideas. But right now EA just wants a damn product.

# 112 charter04 @ 11/08/13 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
not long to go now, you mark my words... all these people that have been downgrading people for wanting to have the game, all the people that having been dogging this game, you watch when videos start coming out and people see madden in 1080p @ 60 fps on ps4! they gone be running to the store i promise you, but they aint gone have the heart to come back and apologize for all that craziness, you watch.... im amped up for madden, I like what i see, ive said this from the jump! they are trying, next year version will be even better.

Real Sim Madden Fans Stand Up!
I don't know about all that but, your excitement is good. I'm ready to play the game to. Some things have me a little concerned but, I'm still ready to see this game in action.

# 113 Iyess @ 11/08/13 03:26 AM
so basically they added everything all pro football 2k5 does smh

# 114 tril @ 11/08/13 04:20 AM
crowd reactions, sideline interactions have all been done before in APF2k8. but nonetheless the crowds look nice!!.
on field looks good also.

# 115 atc43 @ 11/08/13 04:30 AM
Glad they finally made and effort to get this in. I hope they dont forget about it next year. And I hope for Tiburon's sake that sideline interactions and living crowds arent cutscenes...

That gif of APF2k8 is a perfect example of why some think Madden is a joke. Damn near 8 years ago we had this stuff...on weaker hardware...on an obviously less funded Football game.

But again, good on Tiburon for trying at least haha and I really, really, hope it improves.

# 116 therealsmallville @ 11/08/13 06:18 AM
Eh, that looks pretty nice, actually. That shot of Wilson from the back, pointing to the crowd? I'm digging the lighting.

Here's the thing: how many times have we all said that we'd pay for DLC of better commentary? When Battlefield 3 came out on 360 with a disc for added textures, how many said "I'd pay for DLC for some of that!" Well, the lighting is much better, the commentary sounds improved, and it has (slightly) better graphics. Certainly worth the $10 for me to trade in CG for NG. Kind of a no-brainer, actually. Especially considering you get all of the CG features brought over.

Now if this were barebones like M06 on 360 was? That would give me pause...but $10 is only $10. When you're spending this much on a new console, what's $10? I'll just skip a trip to Carl's Jr. $10 is certainly cheap enough for me to jump in and then take a wait-and-see approach for M15 next year. My .02.

# 117 Multi @ 11/08/13 07:38 AM
I wonder if David Wilson will have custom "sitting on the bench" animations?

# 118 green94 @ 11/08/13 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Next gen seems like a pretty good upgrade. It's far from perfect, but there's enough there to make it fun. I think I'll be picking it up for the PS4.

Here's hoping this team makes great strides with the new hardware and blows us away with Madden 15.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I agree with this - I didn't pick up CG in anticipation of NG and while the news has ultimately been underwhelming, I'm going to enjoy it for what it is.

# 119 roadman @ 11/08/13 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
This is all we want. A crowd is diverse not just a bunch of dudes. You see women, old people, fat people, kids, black, white, Hispanic, Asian and most importantly rabid fans who dress up in paint and costumes. It can't be difficult to make that happen.
I was at the Packer/Bear game in Lambeau Monday night. Honestly, in our section, it was 85% drunken males. At $85 a seat, I don't think too many guys take their significant others and family members to the game.

One the way out, I saw the same mixture.

I don't see many women and children in that picture. I do see a variety of ages and ethnicity, though.

# 120 therealsmallville @ 11/08/13 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I was at the Packer/Bear game in Lambeau Monday night. Honestly, in our section, it was 85% drunken males. At $85 a seat, I don't think too many guys take their significant others and family members to the game.

One the way out, I saw the same mixture.

I don't see many women and children in that picture. I do see a variety of ages and ethnicity, though.
This has been my experience as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.