Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has posted two new blogs detailing both what they are calling "Intelligent Commentary" and a "Living Worlds Overview." Here are some highlights:
  • Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, and sideline reporter Danielle Bellini will tell a more interesting story throughout a game and in your franchise with references to things such as key injuries and week-to-week storylines unfolding through a season.
  • The commentary team will reference things like Player of the Week awards and other important stats and tidbits from your season.
  • Crowds are true 3D renders. The crowds have true emotions, with over 100 contextually accurate emotional and behavioral responses to what is happening on the field.
  • The crowd 'swells' with anticipation by standing up and cheering as big plays happen in real time.
  • Head coaches are always present on sidelines and react to the action in real time. Ball carriers will interact with sideline characters. Also on the sidelines will be assistants, trainers, and team staff -- hundreds of characters surround the field with heightened awareness and the ability to react to oncoming players.
  • There are 75 media characters surrounding the field at various locations, from broadcast cameramen, to photographers, and more.
What do you think about the 'Living Worlds' of Madden NFL 25?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 grants10 @ 11/07/13 05:09 PM
Still trying to figure out why it took Next Gen to do this...

# 2 jp7588 @ 11/07/13 05:12 PM
"Swells with anticipation"

lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

# 3 Dr. Banner @ 11/07/13 05:22 PM
I for one am excited for madden....people are way to hard on madden 25.

# 4 lakers24 @ 11/07/13 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
I for one am excited for madden....people are way to hard on madden 25.
No they aren't. This is stuff that could've been done on CG (maybe outside of the crowd) so they are justified in their criticisms.

# 5 Toma @ 11/07/13 06:01 PM
The EA License needs to end already, enough is enough. Once it does, the NFL game that 2K Sports will release will be on the same caliber as NBA2k. So pretty much, NBA2k vs NBA Live but in football. We already know which game takes the crown.

# 6 CarryTheWeight @ 11/07/13 06:05 PM
The "Intelligent Commentary" blog is very underwhelming. Why not give us some specific examples, preferably in unedited video form, of what we'll hear during Connected Franchise?

Dynamic commentary is now a standard of the sports gaming industry, so I'm curious to the extent of this feature in Madden.

As Neil Peart wrote and Geddy Lee sang, "Show, don't tell". This goes for the Living Worlds info as well.

How will the crowd sound during actual gameplay? Will they stand up and react with or without the appropriate audio cues? If Calvin Johnson catches a game-winning touchdown in overtime against Green Bay, will Packer fans celebrate as well?

These may be silly questions, but they're necessary ones to ask for the purposes of authenticity.

# 7 robo3687 @ 11/07/13 06:07 PM
So as I assumed it was the old bait and switch....while all the recent videos had seemingly current gen sidelines and crowds, now that they've detailed living worlds the crowds/sidelines look much different and more in line with what they've been talking about since e3....

It's much like what they did with the infinity engine last year, before it was announced it wasn't present in videos but after it was, it was everywhere in videos...

It's not the best strategy, because it obviously invites a lot of complain from the peanut gallery...but I guess it's how they want to do things....

On another note the snow looked good...looked like it might wear away a bit more realistically....would be nice if it had ploughed yard lines though...

# 8 Atax1s @ 11/07/13 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Yes, 2k8 had interactive sidelines what 6 years ago(sheesh) but at least we can see that they're making a step in the right direction.
Apf 2k8 was a joke. easy to include little things like that when disc space isn't being used by as many teams, stadiums, player models, or, you know, a franchise mode. The 2k dangling is getting sad at this point.

# 9 tmac747 @ 11/07/13 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
No they aren't. This is stuff that could've been done on CG (maybe outside of the crowd) so they are justified in their criticisms.
This is true...it's called 'stringing alone''. Holding back little things to implement in NG so more consumers will purchase the new system and madden.

# 10 kehlis @ 11/07/13 06:32 PM
Can we please not make this thread about 2k.

Just drop it guys....

# 11 kehlis @ 11/07/13 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Tips on how to avoid bringing up that "other" game? When we see this living worlds stuff already done and 10x better. How can we not compare it?

Serious question. Like what are we supposed to talk about? No being funny, I'm being 100% serious.
I really don't mind it being used for comparison purposes.

Videos showing differences, constructive critiques between the two that could actually help make a difference are fine.

What's not fine is bring it up as a means of bashing Madden. It is counter productive and starts unnecessary back and forths as you saw in this thread.

# 12 poster @ 11/07/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
The "Intelligent Commentary" blog is very underwhelming. Why not give us some specific examples, preferably in unedited video form, of what we'll hear during Connected Franchise?

Dynamic commentary is now a standard of the sports gaming industry, so I'm curious to the extent of this feature in Madden.

As Neil Peart wrote and Geddy Lee sang, "Show, don't tell". This goes for the Living Worlds info as well.

How will the crowd sound during actual gameplay? Will they stand up and react with or without the appropriate audio cues? If Calvin Johnson catches a game-winning touchdown in overtime against Green Bay, will Packer fans celebrate as well?

These may be silly questions, but they're necessary ones to ask for the purposes of authenticity.
I agree. The blog was meaningless, like they threw it together at the last minute. They talk about Kolbe and the other producer, but just throw together some short, vague comments that aren't attributed to anyone. Aye!

# 13 kehlis @ 11/07/13 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Come on now, my post was positive. It's not my fault this dude decided to drop the bait for another argument.........and some people took it too.
If you're talking to me I wasn't referring to your post or any post in particular at all.

# 14 Armor and Sword @ 11/07/13 07:54 PM
Dynamic play by play and color sound great and have long been needed ala 2K basketball.

This will further the immersion factor for CFM.

I have some good vibes that this game will evolve far faster and greater than it did this gen. I mean wow for me M25 finally gave me a Madden game(for the PS3) I can say I will play for a long time.

My hope is by the time I go next gen (this time next year probably) that Madden 15 will be the ultimate Madden.

Time will tell.

# 15 tanis38 @ 11/07/13 08:19 PM
I am just wondering why they can't just "show" us all this stuff instead of just putting up a blog post with nothing but text.

The game does come out next week after all . . .

# 16 deltroy @ 11/07/13 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
I am just wondering why they can't just "show" us all this stuff instead of just putting up a blog post with nothing but text.

Maybe because there's nothing to show

# 17 onetonmartin @ 11/07/13 11:56 PM
I couldn't care less about the crowd or commentary. Pour those resources into gameplay, animations and graphics.

# 18 drewst18 @ 11/08/13 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
I couldn't care less about the crowd or commentary. Pour those resources into gameplay, animations and graphics.
I don't get how you don't care about crowd its a huge part of football.

# 19 Step2001 @ 11/08/13 07:06 AM
Commentary year to year? I'm not going to hear that my QB is still in his 9th year, 5 seasons into my CFM?

# 20 ABR173rd @ 11/08/13 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38

Well if you relate these editions to how they've translated on this Gen, Danielle Bellini is worthless after every injury she talks about how bad it is and how a player is going to be out- yet the same player is back in the following play. Phil Simms constantly repeats the same lines and makes the same mistakes with injuries as well. EA lacks attention to detail and it translates into a bunch of mixed garbage that actually retracts from the experience rather than add to it. Thats why they don't want to show us anything, look at the sidelines from what you've seen so far not that impressive and the player models still look generic.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.