Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Users can't play NBA 2K14 on the PS4 until November 15th obviously, but quite a few people already have their hands on a copy.

Looking at the back of the box, it does show off a few things, including a few things about the Eco-Motion engine, MyCAREER, The Park, MyGM and the exclusive on the PS4. There doesn't appear to be any remote play.

Eco-Motion Engine - 2K's ground breaking, dynamic gameplay engine marries real-life physics, player emotion and deep controls to deliver a seemingly endless variation of actions and reactions that can only be achieved with next-generation technology.

MyCAREER - Experience the NBA life like never before both on and off the court as you develop and hone your MyPLAYER through an epic and immersive branching story mode.

The Park - An all-new, massive-multiplayer playground mode where up to 100 MyPLAYERs in a single Park can play street ball, socialize, watch games in progress, and more.

MyGM - A re-imagined franchise mode that takes grabbing the reins of team management to the next level. Create a GM, craft your management style through attributes, manage relationships with players and staff, meet goals set by owners and more in an attempt to earn a championship under your watch.

Exclusive on PS4 - Black Ice Jewelry and PlayStation gear in the VC store, and a PlayStation Court in the Park.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 yungflo @ 11/07/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetta408
This. It's almost not even worth mentioning....

I'm getting a PS4 over the xbox one, but sometimes I wish Sony was as rich as Microsoft so that they could buy some meaningful exclusive (games) and content.
They made it sound like it was a big feature and that the partnership between 2k and PS would be fruitful. Lol A court? black ice? I don't even know what black ice is! Sony just paid 2k to have their game marketed on PS4. I'm not sure this happens next year

# 22 DirtyMagic5 @ 11/07/13 09:23 PM
No bloody remote play, that sucks.

# 23 yungflo @ 11/07/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javicd21
Not PlayStation.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Yes, including playstation. All games require installs. I need to buy a 2TB hdd for my ps4

# 24 yungflo @ 11/07/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMagic5
I know. disappointing news. I wanted to put my vita to use.

# 25 Macroh @ 11/07/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Yes, including playstation. All games require installs. I need to buy a 2TB hdd for my ps4

Cache, not permanent install. Deletes after playing.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/...t-cache-space/

# 26 RangersCruz @ 11/07/13 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroh
Two things, Park sounds very interesting if it turns out how I want will be a dream.

Secondly PS4 caches those install files. So its not like in 10 games time your HDD will be full. So it only requires you have 50Gb free at time of playing.
It won't have to install every time will it?

# 27 Eman5805 @ 11/07/13 10:37 PM
The install cache process isn't even an issue because you can keep playing the game as it happens now.

# 28 RangersCruz @ 11/07/13 10:43 PM
I don't understand it takes 50 GB's off the drive and stays there or what?

# 29 turty11 @ 11/07/13 10:46 PM
as you play, it will install and delete data

so, as you play association it wont be "loading" any of the mycareer files instead using the same space as them

# 30 RangersCruz @ 11/07/13 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
as you play, it will install and delete data

so, as you play association it wont be "loading" any of the mycareer files instead using the same space as them
Deleting what? lol im a complete noob when it comes to this stuff sorry

# 31 Macroh @ 11/07/13 11:10 PM
Data that isn't used like he said.

Google is your friend if you'd like to learn more, but I promise it won't be an issue. Installs and deletes seamlessly in the background so you won't even know it happening.

# 32 yungflo @ 11/07/13 11:13 PM
Quote:
Cache, not permanent install. Deletes after playing.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/...t-cache-space/
ahh. That's a relief

thanks for the heads up

# 33 RangersCruz @ 11/07/13 11:17 PM
Quote:

Google is your friend if you'd like to learn more, but I promise it won't be an issue. Installs and deletes seamlessly in the background so you won't even know it happening.
I hope when im in my career it doesn't delete my gm file or something because im not using it

# 34 mrprice33 @ 11/07/13 11:26 PM
Quote:

Nope: https://twitter.com/yosp/status/397173798241193984

# 35 Khaos_Kiwi @ 11/07/13 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMagic5
Knack doesn't have the remote play icon on the box either, yet that has remote play. So remote play should still work.

# 36 Macroh @ 11/07/13 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Not going to argue, release is close enough for first hand experience.

Also don't worry mate it won't delete saves and the like.

# 37 Gstate_510 @ 11/07/13 11:40 PM
Might have to call up my gamestop tomorrow because I didn't recieve any text messages yet

# 38 mrprice33 @ 11/07/13 11:40 PM
Quote:
Not going to argue, release is close enough for first hand experience.

Also don't worry mate it won't delete saves and the like.
No need to argue. That's straight from Shu Yoshida, President of Sony Worldwide Studios.

Here's more confirmation: https://twitter.com/yosp/status/397172368230989824

# 39 Macroh @ 11/07/13 11:42 PM
Wait I'm a little lost what are you trying to prove wrong?

# 40 mrprice33 @ 11/07/13 11:44 PM
Quote:
Wait I'm a little lost what are you trying to prove wrong?
The installs are not automatically managed by the system. It's a full install (for some games it will be completely in the background) and manual delete.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.