Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Users can't play NBA 2K14 on the PS4 until November 15th obviously, but quite a few people already have their hands on a copy.

Looking at the back of the box, it does show off a few things, including a few things about the Eco-Motion engine, MyCAREER, The Park, MyGM and the exclusive on the PS4. There doesn't appear to be any remote play.

Eco-Motion Engine - 2K's ground breaking, dynamic gameplay engine marries real-life physics, player emotion and deep controls to deliver a seemingly endless variation of actions and reactions that can only be achieved with next-generation technology.

MyCAREER - Experience the NBA life like never before both on and off the court as you develop and hone your MyPLAYER through an epic and immersive branching story mode.

The Park - An all-new, massive-multiplayer playground mode where up to 100 MyPLAYERs in a single Park can play street ball, socialize, watch games in progress, and more.

MyGM - A re-imagined franchise mode that takes grabbing the reins of team management to the next level. Create a GM, craft your management style through attributes, manage relationships with players and staff, meet goals set by owners and more in an attempt to earn a championship under your watch.

Exclusive on PS4 - Black Ice Jewelry and PlayStation gear in the VC store, and a PlayStation Court in the Park.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Coolade @ 11/08/13 02:10 AM

# 62 yungflo @ 11/08/13 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
sick, I wish they had breakaway rims in nba2k

# 63 yungflo @ 11/08/13 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The games have to be installed to the hard drive and will NOT be automatically deleted once you're done playing.

You can, however, delete the game data from the hard drive whenever you want. It will have to be reinstalled though.

And not every game will start instantly while you install, though nobody knows how long you'll have to wait or if NBA 2K is one of those that does not start instantly.
Similar to how it is now on the ps3. I'm pretty sure all that HDD space is for the stop and resume feature.

# 64 yungflo @ 11/08/13 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I'm so lost on this Hard drive issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
It won't automatically delete. you need 50gb to install the game. So get a bigger hdd if you intend to have allot of games and keep them. you could also delete game data. Game data is just the install, not the save. Its similar to ps3 now if you have one.

If you are getting an bigger hdd, I recommend SSD. they run cooler and won't raise the temp of the ps4 especially with all the writing 50gb will be doing to a console. However, they are pricey, so a standard one isn't so bad

# 65 Quint75 @ 11/08/13 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
It won't automatically delete. you need 50gb to install the game. So get a bigger hdd if you intend to have allot of games and keep them. you could also delete game data. Game data is just the install, not the save. Its similar to ps3 now if you have one.

If you are getting an bigger hdd, I recommend SSD. they run cooler and won't raise the temp of the ps4 especially with all the writing 50gb will be doing to a console. However, they are pricey, so a standard one isn't so bad
Really hoping later PS4 updates allow external hard drives.

# 66 LRBTODAY @ 11/08/13 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGotti
LOL, your first mistake was pre ordering a Xbox 720p!
NBA 2K14 is Native 1080p 60fps on both systems. Nice try, but your trolling failed. You getting a PS4? Good for you. I'm getting a Xbox One.....FOR MEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Happy gaming.

# 67 Meetro @ 11/08/13 04:37 AM
All of this HD stuff is way too confusing..whatever happened to just putting the disc in and pressing start????

# 68 venga @ 11/08/13 06:17 AM
I guess nobody cares here but what about Euroleague teams ???

# 69 TreyIM2 @ 11/08/13 06:24 AM
Damn. A few PS4 games are already out in the wild. I wouldn't but any yet til next week anyway to see if Target is truly gunna have the buy 2 get one free deally like the leaked flyer photo shows, anyway...

Anyway, The Park sounds intriguing. Hell, the whole damn game is intriguing but first I'm hearing of The Park.

# 70 dkrause1971 @ 11/08/13 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Getting a xbone... in probably screwed lol. I will have to look into this but I'm not sure if xbone accepts external hds
X1 will support external HDs in the future, but not at launch. You cannot swap out the internal. The PS4 will not support external HDs (at least not as of now) but you can swap out the internal HD.

# 71 lsu4life86 @ 11/08/13 09:27 AM
yeah im ready....

# 72 RocketTMac1 @ 11/08/13 09:30 AM
If anyone complains about anything with My Player they should be slapped. This game seems dedicated to those type of people.

# 73 swaggedout @ 11/08/13 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
If anyone complains about anything with My Player they should be slapped. This game seems dedicated to those type of people.
People will always complain. If you give them a $1000 in 20's, they'll complain and wanna know why you didn't give it to them in $100 bills. Its just how people are.

# 74 Nevertheles109 @ 11/08/13 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
People will always complain. If you give them a $1000 in 20's, they'll complain and wanna know why you didn't give it to them in $100 bills. Its just how people are.
Correction, how Americans are. We, as a nation, are spoiled. It's only a week guys. Next Friday at this time, majority will be playing NBA 2K14. Gameplay would be nice to see but at the end of the day, aren't we gonna buy it anyway?

# 75 El_Poopador @ 11/08/13 10:06 AM
Quote:
modes dont always speak to the experience. cg ai for my player is awful. if they didnt improve that for ng all the modes in the world wont help. the park does sound interesting though. it would be cool if they could tie it into the game, maybe with scouts seeing how you play and trying to recruit you.

# 76 swaggedout @ 11/08/13 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Correction, how Americans are. We, as a nation, are spoiled. It's only a week guys. Next Friday at this time, majority will be playing NBA 2K14. Gameplay would be nice to see but at the end of the day, aren't we gonna buy it anyway?
I always buy, I just like 2k games. They're never perfect, and I have my issues from time to time, but some of the complaints are ridiculous. I'm not spoiled at all, I've been around for awhile, and I've seen how these games have evolved. I can really appreciate the hard work that's put into these games.

# 77 m-dogg @ 11/08/13 10:17 AM
Quote:
I will complain about MyCareer until they add custom sliders so I can play a realistic game of hoops.

I will now brace for my incoming slap, thank you.

# 78 RocketTMac1 @ 11/08/13 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I will complain about MyCareer until they add custom sliders so I can play a realistic game of hoops.

I will now brace for my incoming slap, thank you.
Prepare yourself.

# 79 bmgoff11 @ 11/08/13 10:37 AM
if u want gameplay just wait until 11/15/13 so many people are going to be on twitchtv streaming because of the setup the ps4 has. Its going to be crazy lol.

# 80 ckarlic @ 11/08/13 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
No remote play? WTF man...
Noticed that too...not sure if the back of the box is a true indicator of whether or not it will have remote play since I noticed that the back of Knack doesn't show remote play either and I could have sworn they demoed remote play using Knack..so there may still be hope that it has remote play..I hope it does.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.