Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA just released a new blog talking about the 'Live Seasons' feature in NBA Live 14 today, with plenty of info on what the mode is bringing to the table.
  • The primary driving force behind Live 14 is to constantly bring you fresh new content that makes the game feel different every time you play.
  • BIG Moments allow you to relive the big plays of the season again and again. You will be tasked to complete challenges which can range in length from a few seconds to a full quarter, and they're always relevant to what is going in with the real NBA.
  • BIG Moments can range from full games to mere seconds of a game.
  • All of the performances in BIG Moments are tracked on leaderboards and you gain HoopsNet XP, which gives you rewards in Ultimate Team.
  • All BIG Moments are archived to play anytime you want.
  • Every NBA rewind game will feature players as they were playing and rated by Synergy Sports at that specific time.
You can read more about Live Seasons on the EA Sports website. What do you think of Live Seasons? Something worth checking out?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rensational14 @ 11/08/13 04:43 PM
Lol blastin info head to head

# 2 Shakedowncapo @ 11/08/13 04:49 PM
Well they sure as hell ain't blastin footage head-head.

# 3 bigeastbumrush @ 11/08/13 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Well they sure as hell ain't blastin footage head-head.
Did either company release footage today??

# 4 Shakedowncapo @ 11/08/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksboy87
You're going to see footage soon enough, back in the day you never got footage, so stuff complaining. I like the info leaks better, it helps us become less spoiled as gamers.

Anyways, I really like those challenges for NBA Live 14, even though I think the game itself won't be so good.
Fortunately we're not "back in the day" brotha...So miss me with that lame reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Did either company release footage today??
Nope. But I still got a gameplay glimpse of 2K today, where's EA's response? Am I only supposed to expect it when 2K releases a video? Is that how marketing works now a days?

# 5 fluent2332 @ 11/08/13 05:22 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun and a mode that I will be spending some time with. Very nice.

# 6 bigeastbumrush @ 11/08/13 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Fortunately we're not "back in the day" brotha...So miss me with that lame reasoning.

Nope. But I still got a gameplay glimpse of 2K today, where's EA's response? Am I only supposed to expect it when 2K releases a video? Is that how marketing works now a days?
You got a glimpse because a dude recorded it himself.

Both companies have butchered their "marketing".

Now if by footage you mean releasing a daily screenshot, then you're talking their language. But let's not act like both companies have been forthcoming showing off their products.

# 7 Earl1963 @ 11/08/13 06:17 PM
Why is this coming gen such a big secret with all these developers?

# 8 seanhazz1 @ 11/08/13 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Why is this coming gen such a big secret with all these developers?
That's because neither company wants to give the other any upper hand in sales/marketing on next gen. Its a whole new NBA video game competition now, and we are going to love it!!

# 9 VDusen04 @ 11/08/13 07:18 PM
I really, really like the sound of this feature. With such little faith I have in NBA Live's gameplay at this point, I just kind of wish 2K was the one implementing this. Also, I wish the XP points could go to something besides Ultimate Team. I have zero interest in that mode. I wish there were cool retro jerseys, shoes, or something else they could be applied to.

# 10 ClevelandinDistress @ 11/09/13 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
2K looks wack, the player interviews, and coach interviews are the same animations every time. And It doesn't look that "Next-Gen"
Looked wack compared to what? What other baskrtball or sports game for that matter has more realistic interviews? Zero. Doesnt look that next gen? Yea definitely.. when its shot on a cellphpne camera off a screen and then uploaded compressed to youtube.

What exactly defines "next gen" to you? What game is truly next gen? Nba 2 k14 is the most fealistic basketball game ever made and you say its not next gen? The player heads were freaking scanned into the game. Thats something impossible with current gen. Nothing says next gen more than nba 2k14. If you dont agree your just fooling yourself.

# 11 Melbournelad @ 11/09/13 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
2K looks wack, the player interviews, and coach interviews are the same animations every time. And It doesn't look that "Next-Gen"
Unless you're trolling or 12 years old, you should feel VERY embarrassed to make such an idiotic comment.

# 12 knick9 @ 11/09/13 10:15 AM
Live is doing something smart which is implementing features that will keep the game fresh and replayable. I'm buying 2K but every year I get tired of it because it gets monotonous--same thing every day eventually. Good thing is there's competition for our $$$ now.

# 13 shutdown10 @ 11/09/13 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba15700
Forget live it won't have anything on 2k, those boys are doing real basketball over there!!!!

I like Nba Live and their ideas going forward, but you have to give the other game credit in what they are doing. The live demo is now being moved till the 19th, which is the same day the game releases. If you heard that podcast, then you would know that there are rough edges in their game, but they do have something promising. In my opinion the EA marketing team did a bad job marketing this game. 2k strategically decided when to show their trailers and overall progression to next gen and it worked. They will win the battle going into to next year. Live has hid their game, so they better hope they get the same positive feedback they got from the podcast if they want to see NBA Live 15.

# 14 lakers24 @ 11/09/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Live is doing something smart which is implementing features that will keep the game fresh and replayable. I'm buying 2K but every year I get tired of it because it gets monotonous--same thing every day eventually. Good thing is there's competition for our $$$ now.
An that wouldn't be "fresh" either if it was all you could play for an entire year until the next one rolled around. That's the problem when only having ONE game on the market. You cant just pop in another disc to get a different feeling when you get tired of the other.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.