Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As if you couldn't imagine NBA 2K14 adding anything else cool, today 2K Sports released a trailer that reveals they have 600 real player and coach interviews which will be used in the game.

The feature, called 2K Real Voices, will feature real halftime and post-game interviews. Most likely a few players per team are represented with multiple possible interviews per player, it's a cool feature for sure that'll help the immersion factor within the game.

Sounds crazy cool, what do you all think?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 NvME @ 11/08/13 09:19 PM
The Captain America pose from everyone is comedy, but this is a huge step in the right direction. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

# 142 LeBronistheKing @ 11/08/13 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvME
The Captain America pose from everyone is comedy, but this is a huge step in the right direction. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
The irony of a complaint about a "captain America pose" posted right after a gif of LeBron actually in that same "captain America pose" is comedy.

# 143 DirtyNeedles @ 11/08/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
That would easily be one of, if not the greatest easter egg in a video game lol
I pray there's a bosh photobomb lol. Pretty crazy how they implemented this. Do they have this for the classic teams too? Like MJ? Magic?

# 144 NBASLAM2001 @ 11/08/13 09:29 PM

# 145 Escobeats @ 11/08/13 09:29 PM
Attachment 68506

That chris bosh photobomb reminds me of that 'TOOAAASTYYY' from MK

# 146 johanan anneus @ 11/08/13 09:33 PM
Can't wait for Greg Poppovich

# 147 johanan anneus @ 11/08/13 09:35 PM
Popovich* 10char

# 148 EAGLESFAN10 @ 11/08/13 09:38 PM
I'm just now seeing this and I'm list for words ... The detail is crazy

I like how the player interviews aren't based on personal performances but team performances instead

I love how David Lee mentioned another game that was played earlier in the season

I also love how Mike Woodson mentioned the Hornets (Forgot What team is actually was) picked their defense up

I can't wait to get this

# 149 nathxniel @ 11/08/13 09:39 PM
It's out Nov. 22th for Xbox One @ 2:01

On Topic:
Pretty sick addition by 2K. Kudos!

# 150 Gramps91 @ 11/08/13 09:42 PM
Really cool feature, might be repetitive at first though, I'm sure they can expand upon it as the series goes on though.

Good job 2k!

# 151 xxxAir23xxx @ 11/08/13 09:42 PM
This sh*t is crazy!!!! Never thought I'd ever see a sports game implement something like this in my lifetime. The technological leap sports games and games in general have made in the past 20 years is incredible. Imagine the leaps we'll see in another 20. It's almost scary to think about how good those games will be.

This really is a next-gen experience. I feel like 2k has a time machine and brought this game back from the future...wow. mind = blown.

# 152 MarvinOida @ 11/08/13 09:43 PM
Even though this is cool and I love the little things being added, doesn't anyone think this will eventually get repetitive when we play more and more games? Plus, I usually want to play the game so I just skip everything with the halftime reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 153 VDusen04 @ 11/08/13 09:44 PM
This is the coolest addition I've seen thus far, and it's pretty frickin' cool. I'm a sucker for real life NBA authentic additions. It's like a breath of fresh air after the VC and MyGame things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Even though this is cool and I love the little things being added, doesn't anyone think this will eventually get repetitive when we play more and more games? Plus, I usually want to play the game so I just skip everything with the halftime reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I think that's possible. But I'd still rather have it than not. It's kind of similar to the commentary with the team-specific insights. We know it'll get repetitive eventually, but I'd find that eventual repetition to be much better than not having it at all.

# 154 reverend_heat @ 11/08/13 09:48 PM
If 2k is ever able to make another NFL game, it is over for Madden. This company simply gets it, there is nothing else to say.

# 155 Hassan Darkside @ 11/08/13 09:49 PM
One thing I was wondering is if 2k took the audio from interviews or actually had the players record them in the studio. Just did a quick search on the Kevin Garnett quote:

So looks like they take them from real interviews (if not both). Which is cool because once again, they could easily go back and add more in the future. Not sure if that would be a possibility to periodically update them during the season as I assume there would be some programming involved to get it to trigger the right response. But regardless, great feature with lots of potential.

I also wonder if the player voices extended beyond interviews.

# 156 Vni @ 11/08/13 09:50 PM
Impressive.

# 157 lakers24 @ 11/08/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGMani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGQWyX7D3oo

1:00

Heh heh...I'll never forget that classic KG interview. So what I want to know is are these interviews originally recorded or are they just taken from the real NBA games?
Obviously real games

# 158 DMT1133 @ 11/08/13 10:08 PM
I see what you did there. "we do a lot of emotions". Great job 2K!!

# 159 Sundown @ 11/08/13 10:11 PM
I love how 2K is going blow for blow with Live's announcements.

Live: "We scanned six players faces!"

2K: "We scanned the whole league."

Live: "We... uh... don't have player editing."

2K: "We have player editing."

Live: "We have wired coach huddles!"

2K: "We have 600 interviews with coaches and players."

2K's marketing for next-gen: "ORLY?"

# 160 NvME @ 11/08/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
The irony of a complaint about a "captain America pose" posted right after a gif of LeBron actually in that same "captain America pose" is comedy.

Catty response given that there was no complaint. I'm positive you're not receiving any proceeds from the sale of this game, and I'm postive you had no hand in it's development, so I'm baffled as to why you were touched emotionally.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not old enough to drive yet.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.