Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out more NBA 2K14 PS4 footage from our man bug.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 lakers24 @ 11/08/13 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
There's no such thing as "Ultra HD" and even then, it's 4K, which no one can see the difference between 1080p to 1440p, let alone 4K.

The only thing really noticeable is the game being able to take high texture resolutions/polygons because of the PS4's power. As time goes by, we will have graphics to the point where we think it's "photorealistic" (laugh when people say that word) and the only thing to improve is just disk amount and features. And I believe we are slowly getting there.

Spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not saying THIS is ultra hd, I'm saying that's where we're headed because there getting to the point they can't really improve anymore. I mean eventually, just how many damn pixels can you fit in a screen? So that jump from PS2/Xbox to PS3/360 will always be in peoples' minds as it was the last MAJOR jump we'll see.

# 42 RIZDRAVER @ 11/09/13 12:06 AM
Quote:
And the whole "photorealistic," "ultra HD," and "4K" gimmicks. (Your eyes can't notice the difference people until we get to screens that are for MOVIE THEATERS or at least, bigger than a wall)Tapatalk
If you can't tell the difference between a 720/1080p screen and a 4K screen, then you're seriously visually impaired. It's pretty stark.

The jump from standard definition TV to HD was 576i to 720p. The jump from 720p to 3,840p (4K) is a leap far larger and more noticeable IMO.

When it comes to frame rate, the human eye has a hard time differentiating above 60 fps. But when it comes to resolution, we still have a long way to go. The average throw-away magazine at 300dpi is far more crisp than your "high-end" 72dpi HD screen.

Just hold a common 600dpi+ printed piece/photo directly next to your "HD" TV and you'll realize we have decades to go in TV monitor development that the human eye can clearly notice.

# 43 MarvinOida @ 11/09/13 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Dude hate to burst your bubble but you can easily see the difference. My guess is you've never seen a 1440p monitor in person. Or you would never say this.
Well, take a look from this prospective, the content. Most standards are 1080p, speaking for right now, there is close to little to no difference in viewing, especially the more farther to sit. The difference may be that the images are sharper and more defined, but again, you literally need to be right up in the TV to view the content. Take in account, a lot of people's eyesights vary of course. It's different the more bigger the screen. If it's the exact same size, most people will not see too much of a difference.

# 44 nextlevelshhhh @ 11/09/13 12:32 AM
I hate to say it but that gameplay looked pretty bad.

But i guess its because of the camera angle and the player.

# 45 raiders81tim @ 11/09/13 12:57 AM
Quote:
Well, take a look from this prospective, the content. Most standards are 1080p, speaking for right now, there is close to little to no difference in viewing, especially the more farther to sit. The difference may be that the images are sharper and more defined, but again, you literally need to be right up in the TV to view the content. Take in account, a lot of people's eyesights vary of course. It's different the more bigger the screen. If it's the exact same size, most people will not see too much of a difference.

You're fooling yourself man. All I can say is you need to experience in with your own eyes. I own a 1440 monitor and the difference is clear. Console games of course take no advantage of this bump in resolution, but playing something like BF4 on PC at 1080p vs 1440p is a huge difference. And both make 720p look like a joke.

Seeing how 4k is 4 times the resolution of 1080p, I don't see how you could say it's a gimmick. Like calling blu ray a gimmick when compared to a dvd.

Tim Sweeney a well know game developer and creator of the unreal engine is on record saying we will notice a difference visually in resolution all the way up to 8000×4000 pixels.

# 46 skinnybonez @ 11/09/13 01:14 AM
did 2k cam get this much hate during dreamcast era? smh

# 47 MarvinOida @ 11/09/13 01:17 AM
Quote:
You're fooling yourself man. All I can say is you need to experience in with your own eyes. I own a 1440 monitor and the difference is clear. Console games of course take no advantage of this bump in resolution, but playing something like BF4 on PC at 1080p vs 1440p is a huge difference. And both make 720p look like a joke.

Seeing how 4k is 4 times the resolution of 1080p, I don't see how you could say it's a gimmick. Like calling blu ray a gimmick when compared to a dvd.

Tim Sweeney a well know game developer and creator of the unreal engine is on record saying we will notice a difference visually in resolution all the way up to 8000×4000 pixels.
You're missing the point, compare to the same sized screen, MOST PEOPLE not going to see a huge improvement. Of course you're going to see a difference from 720p, but are you gonna see a difference with 1080p vs 4k? I've seen and I've went, I don't see a difference, sure my eyesight is bad, but that doesn't take away that I find 4K monitors at from 40-60 inches AS IS, a gimmick. Native 1080p vs scaled 4K is not a difference, is that what you want me to say? Resolution doesn't mean much if we're talking same screen size.

# 48 raiders81tim @ 11/09/13 01:19 AM
Quote:
You're missing the point, compare to the same sized screen, MOST PEOPLE not going to see a huge improvement. Of course you're going to see a difference, but are you gonna see a difference with 1080p vs 4k? I've seen and I've went, I don't see a difference, sure my eyesight is bad, but that doesn't take away that I find 4K monitors at from 40-60 inches AS IS, a gimmick. Native 1080p vs scaled 4K is not a difference, is that what you want me to say?

Well of course if the source is 1080p you won't see a difference. Scaling hurts the image more than it helps its.

I thought you were comparing native 1080p to native 4k.

# 49 MarvinOida @ 11/09/13 01:23 AM
Quote:
Well of course if the source is 1080p you won't see a difference. Scaling hurts the image more than it helps its.

I thought you were comparing native 1080p to native 4k.
No, I'm saying screens man. Native 4K OF COURSE will be better, more clear and beautiful, I'm not denying that.

I'm mad when people talk about 4K screens thinking it would so amazing right now. Once video games hits NATIVE 4K, then maybe we can speak "photorealistic"

There's little content with native 4K, but I believe it would blow our minds once video games are involved. That's why I only said "4K," cause there's 4K monitors and little 4K content.

Maybe I could've phrased it better, but my "you wouldn't notice until we get bigger screens like movie theaters" comment was really the driving point, you will not notice much if we were comparing same screen size, that was the idea.

# 50 phillydaboss404 @ 11/09/13 01:51 AM
am i the only one who realized how GREAT the game looked and played?

but noticed all of that was hampered by the player controlling it?....the contextual animations....the in step out of step D....the bal/ rim physics.....EVERYTHING was better

but the player controlling was so absolutely horrible....that he made itr not look like NBA basketball

# 51 eye guy @ 11/09/13 02:32 AM
I appreciate the effort in providing these videos, but who in their right mind uses this camera view?

Turnover - swing the camera- oh wait another turnover - swing the camera, rebound - swing the camera - intercepted outlet pass - swing the camera - all within 20 seconds = equals dizzy spells.

And just to be clear, this is not an explanation of how a game unfolds when I play lol...

# 52 Melbournelad @ 11/09/13 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
This game looks wack. B real.
Agreed. Live is looking so much better ...

# 53 raiders81tim @ 11/09/13 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
I appreciate the effort in providing these videos, but who in their right mind uses this camera view?

Turnover - swing the camera- oh wait another turnover - swing the camera, rebound - swing the camera - intercepted outlet pass - swing the camera - all within 20 seconds = equals dizzy spells.

And just to be clear, this is not an explanation of how a game unfolds when I play lol...
I only use the 2k/drive camera. More of a football guy and its silimiar to Madden.

# 54 ZoneSix @ 11/09/13 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy

i'm with you. i can't stand 2k cam.

# 55 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/09/13 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
I've seen a lot of guys use it on YouTube. Although, I myself find it to be the most annoying camera view out of them all. I don't see why people honestly use it. To each their own I guess.
The series started with the 2K cam. I prefer it because it gives me the aspect of actually being on the court. I like being able to see my passing lanes from that perspective. The turning of the camera when the possession changes isn't even something I really think about. It's not a big deal. If you want that TV presentation, I can understand why you might use broadcast.

# 56 RustyRocket56 @ 11/09/13 04:12 AM
I myself use 2k camera to get used to it, because in online crew/team-up there is only 2 options for camera. Broadcast/2k, I cant stand broadcast so I use 2k

# 57 Artur @ 11/09/13 05:49 AM
I think people use 2K camera cause it's much easier to control the game compare to broadcast. EA NHL is the perfect example to this assumption.

# 58 DaWu @ 11/09/13 06:09 AM
the camera angle is awful. hurts my eyes watching....

# 59 airjoca @ 11/09/13 06:38 AM
2K cam allows a higher degree of awareness of court spacing, passing lanes. It's also easier to pull off the desired dribbling moves.

# 60 Truckstick Crossover @ 11/09/13 08:17 AM
Man, so sick! So can't wait , I'm tired if current gen lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.