Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K14 PS4 video, courtesy of @Weezyy_F_Baby and @thugmentality1. Their local GameStop has a PlayStation 4 and allowed them to capture footage of other people playing. This would be the first look at Michael Jordan and the classic Chicago Bulls.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 MarvinOida @ 11/09/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
How can they face scan a 33 year old Jordan? No legends will look as good as the face scanned players
They scan the headspace. The face and hair are textures I believe. The face can be improved easily, Headshapes would be harder cause of reason you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 82 lakers24 @ 11/09/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
They scan the headspace. The face and hair are textures I believe. The face can be improved easily, Headshapes would be harder cause of reason you said.

The face wouldn't be as easy as you think for two reasons:
1. If the headshape is off the player will look off no matter the texture
2. The texture they use for legends are pics and the current players scanned have really high res pictures taken just for it to be molded to the headshape. So if you cant do that with legends what do you do?

# 83 MarvinOida @ 11/09/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
The face wouldn't be as easy as you think for two reasons:
1. If the headshape is off the player will look off no matter the texture
2. The texture they use for legends are pics and the current players scanned have really high res pictures taken just for it to be molded to the headshape. So if you cant do that with legends what do you do?
With Headshapes, you have to adjust in I think Blender and just eyeball it, with faces, they can just go off the original and add in like facial hair.

Like with MJ, you would google him and look for a lot of pics of a couple of angles and ball it.

Faces would go through like Photoshop, and most of the textures look like flatten versions of their heads.

I haven't dabbled in Cyberface editing/creation, but that is how I believe they work based off tutorials. I would actually would love to really learn the process of creating a face in 2K from an official source:

# 84 lakers24 @ 11/09/13 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
With Headshapes, you have to adjust in I think Blender and just eyeball it, with faces, they can just go off the original and add in like facial hair.

Like with MJ, you would google him and look for a lot of pics of a couple of angles and ball it.

Faces would go through like Photoshop, and most of the textures look like flatten versions of their heads.

I haven't dabbled in Cyberface editing/creation, but that is how I believe they work based off tutorials. I would actually would love to really learn the process of creating a face in 2K from an official source:

Yeah, I've done some cyberface modding before, I'm not sure the files are the same anymore (obviously). But I do know that no matter how hard a person tries and eyeballs it, they'll never be a headscan you know. In a way I wish 2k didn't headscan cause now if someones not scanned everyone will say "omg they look terrible" when in actuality the cyberface really isnt that bad, just looks that way compared to scanned humans. The other part of me though is amazed at how accurate scans can be and I'm glad they decided to go this route.

# 85 Finess @ 11/09/13 10:35 PM
Did the face scan Chalmers while he was high or something? lol he looks hella funny, like he always has a lil smile on his face. Non face scan faces are pretty good minus Longleys nose.

# 86 lakers24 @ 11/09/13 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finess
Did the face scan Chalmers while he was high or something? lol he looks hella funny, like he always has a lil smile on his face. Non face scan faces are pretty good minus Longleys nose.
I was thinking the same, probably was smirking somewhat when he got scanned because I noticed the little LeBron jaw movement thing from the OMG trailer is something LBJ actually did while getting captured and I think the cams picked it up.

# 87 swaggedout @ 11/09/13 11:00 PM
At 5:30, Jordan breaks Wade's ankles.

# 88 eko718 @ 11/09/13 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finess
Yeah, I noticed that. Unfortunate.

# 89 Daywalker86 @ 11/09/13 11:39 PM
The single most horrible misuse of the Jordan era Bulls I have ever seen haha.

# 90 Sundown @ 11/10/13 12:34 AM
Jordan looks good-- I think.

You know why I can't tell? 2K cam.

If Jordan has more turnovers than Chicago has points, you're doing it wrong.

# 91 Sundown @ 11/10/13 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Everything looks great except for the person playing the game. LOL You have Jordan!
Maybe he thought it was Jordan Farmar.

# 92 BluFu @ 11/10/13 01:11 AM
ecomotion shots are gonna make wade's jumper looks so much more accurate this time around. good stuff.

# 93 Bellsprout @ 11/10/13 01:21 AM
If this has been answered by anybody anywhere in the past I apologize, but is that the default camera angle or does every person playing in every video I've seen so far just refuse to use Broadcast?

# 94 Rasco11 @ 11/10/13 01:23 AM
Looks awesome! Gonna look even better on our own tvs. From what i can tell NG (classic team) faces exceeded my expectations already. In fact, they look really good to me, especially given vid capture circumstances. Got me wondering if NG '92 Larry Johnson rocking gold tooth?

Bugs, Thanks for vids, much appreciated. Glad no crazy lyrics in music. Thx for effort there.

# 95 MoultonHawk @ 11/10/13 01:25 AM
I really wanted to skip 2K this year, but LIVE won't be able to match this polish. Day 1 digital dl for me.

# 96 MoultonHawk @ 11/10/13 01:30 AM
Broadcast ? most people use 2K cam like me don;t they ?

# 97 Marc_Rez @ 11/10/13 02:31 AM
Dribble around with Rodman? This guy who's playing doesn't seem to know much about basketball lol

# 98 PJBrownHeat @ 11/10/13 05:18 AM
Exact, hard to love this video. Nobody use the triangle offense.
Pippen is the point guard now it is good.
But i really don't like the graphics for sure. For exemple luc longley is better in nba 2k11,12,13.
It reminds me nba live 98 on PC.

Right now, ugly video!!!!

Really disapointed!!!!

# 99 and1product @ 11/10/13 08:21 AM
Do you think 2k was able to head scan this mug right here?

# 100 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/10/13 09:00 AM
Players react way better on loose balls

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.