Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports posted up a new video of the opening scene of the revamped MyCAREER mode. If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Video Description: MyCAREER in NBA 2K14 on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is a revolutionary new experience driven by hundreds of interactive scenes, both on and off the court. Watch the mode's opening scene right here. Where will MyCAREER take you this year? Only one way to find out.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MarvinOida @ 11/11/13 07:33 PM
So is the guy created before the movie or what? Cause honestly, I feel like this is a video of The Professor. Especially with the voice and the face kinda looking like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 Gosens6 @ 11/11/13 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
So is the guy created before the movie or what? Cause honestly, I feel like this is a video of The Professor. Especially with the voice and the face kinda looking like him.

That's Chris Mannings face in the game. (LD2K)

# 3 MarvinOida @ 11/11/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
That's Chris Mannings face in the game. (LD2K)
Man, I didn't really notice him. Thought he had more hair than that. Didn't know he had a fresh shaved.

# 4 Geoffrey40 @ 11/11/13 07:38 PM
I want a different voice but i like everything else i saw

# 5 quehouston @ 11/11/13 07:39 PM
This is gonna be interesting.

I'm not a huge fan of MyCareer because of the staleness of it, but I may actually dive into this move pretty deep, eventually (After a couple weeks in MyGM).

# 6 swaggedout @ 11/11/13 07:40 PM
Nothings wrong with the voice. Its a hell of a lot better than subtitles.

# 7 Hassan Darkside @ 11/11/13 07:40 PM
Looks like Chris Smoove is the voice of your MyPlayer.

Also makes me wonder if he's the only voice, kinda sounds like it.

# 8 ERA @ 11/11/13 07:41 PM
In my opinion it looked like one of those really cheesy PG sports movies, but I'm not hating at all.. It looked great, I honestly don't think I can wait much longer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 9 grodbetatted @ 11/11/13 07:44 PM
i mean its cool and all, but I'm not sure if it was that serious

# 10 MarvinOida @ 11/11/13 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Looks like Chris Smoove is the voice of your MyPlayer.

Also makes me wonder if he's the only voice, kinda sounds like it.
It sounds like the same generic voice from past 2Ks, but it could be Smoove. Hopefully we can choose voices.

# 11 23 @ 11/11/13 07:52 PM
That's the exact same voice from myplayer over the years. Chris Smoove sounds nothing like that.

# 12 RayRay34 @ 11/11/13 07:54 PM
When can we get an option of voices? I hate my white my player sounding like a black guy! Come on 2k you've thought of everything else..... Let's get that fixed.

# 13 basehead617 @ 11/11/13 08:05 PM
It's not really reasonable to expect that.. They're acted scenes.. They'd have to shoot everything multiple times, once for every voice actor.. Crazy amount of work, like shooting a movie with multiple actors in the main role.. If you shot it once then tried to have someone else match it timing wise, I bet the result would be awkward

# 14 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 11/11/13 08:07 PM
In CG his voice was more ambiguous, leaning towards black...now he's straight up black LOL. Doesn't bother me, but I understand the frustrations of my brothers and sisters of different ethnicities.

I don't need to watch this, I can't join NG until they restock

# 15 KidHypeTellem @ 11/11/13 08:09 PM
Lol we've only seen a vid of the intro and you guys jump to conclusion that theirs only one voice.
Gosh wait and see. If that is the case however it will be a disappointment.

# 16 barimanlhs @ 11/11/13 08:11 PM
Im glad that they are adding a lot of cinematic content to MyPlayer. As an already addicting game, this level of immersion could make it impossible to put down. It can only get better and more cinematic going forward.

# 17 johanan anneus @ 11/11/13 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha.Pink.Pantha
In CG his voice was more ambiguous, leaning towards black...now he's straight up black LOL. Doesn't bother me, but I understand the frustrations of my brothers and sisters of different ethnicities.

I don't need to watch this, I can't join NG until they restock
PM me bro lol I have a Launch edition of the PS4 so hmu so we can negotiate pronto

# 18 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 11/11/13 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanan anneus
PM me bro lol I have a Launch edition of the PS4 so hmu so we can negotiate pronto
I'm tempted, but I'm a XBOX man

# 19 dreww3 @ 11/11/13 08:27 PM
so impressive, hate the voice though, time for some change in that regard..

# 20 King_B_Mack @ 11/11/13 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
They were able to do it in Saints Row somehow, so it is possible.
A majority of budget and development time can be devoted to that for a game like Saint's Row considering the primary focus of it's gameplay is about...people talking and acting and whatnot.

From Ronnie's Twitter

Quote:
Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 11m
You guys wondering about more voices in MyPLAYER... Do you know how many lines are in 40 hours of gameplay in 1st season alone? #NBA2K14

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.