Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports posted up a new video of the opening scene of the revamped MyCAREER mode. If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Video Description: MyCAREER in NBA 2K14 on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is a revolutionary new experience driven by hundreds of interactive scenes, both on and off the court. Watch the mode's opening scene right here. Where will MyCAREER take you this year? Only one way to find out.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 JayRock @ 11/12/13 06:03 PM
Am I the only person that thought this was incredibly corny?

# 82 JBulls @ 11/12/13 07:00 PM
Yeah this is just corny, and it's only gonna get cornier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

# 83 OkayC @ 11/12/13 08:04 PM
From what I've seen and heard so far. I may skip this mode. Of course its still early and I could be wrong. But I've been dealing with a scripted my career for far too long as is. More scripting could be bad. Especially if what I hear about having a rival is true, I don't wanna lose games or go to the finals every year against the suns just cuz it keeps the scripted rivalry alive. I've always liked making things up myself for my career, and though I could possibly be blowing the info I've received so far about this mode out of proportion. The direction they seem to want to go in may not be for me. I'm just not a big fan of scripted.

# 84 LD2k @ 11/12/13 09:08 PM
I think people will enjoy this mode.

Lots of choice and interesting turns.

I can't get work done with this around me all day. I'm addicted.

# 85 RangersCruz @ 11/12/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I think people will enjoy this mode.

Lots of choice and interesting turns.

I can't get work done with this around me all day. I'm addicted.
Can you please just confirm this

Is it 40 hours of cut scenes in our first season or is that just gameplay wise?

# 86 Eman5805 @ 11/12/13 09:26 PM
I don't see how it could mean anything else. I mean, I'm sure you're allowed to play every game. That right there is more than 40 hours of actual game play.

# 87 da ThRONe @ 11/12/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
From what I've seen and heard so far. I may skip this mode. Of course its still early and I could be wrong. But I've been dealing with a scripted my career for far too long as is. More scripting could be bad. Especially if what I hear about having a rival is true, I don't wanna lose games or go to the finals every year against the suns just cuz it keeps the scripted rivalry alive. I've always liked making things up myself for my career, and though I could possibly be blowing the info I've received so far about this mode out of proportion. The direction they seem to want to go in may not be for me. I'm just not a big fan of scripted.
I echo this. I wanted a sim experience as a player. They seem to be attempting to address this with over the top fluff and flair instead of natural player progression and authentic paths to the NBA. This mode seems more like something I should get in a WWE game not the NBA.

Too early, but other than better interaction with the GM everything else seem like steps backwards for a sim like experience.

# 88 RangersCruz @ 11/12/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I echo this. I wanted a sim experience as a player. They seem to be attempting to address this with over the top fluff and flair instead of natural player progression and authentic paths to the NBA. This mode seems more like something I should get in a WWE game not the NBA.

Too early, but other than better interaction with the GM everything else seem like steps backwards for a sim like experience.
Heard a few well known commentators and obviously other fans of 2k asking for it..i personally love this new stuff in my career

The current gen my career has gotten old really quick

# 89 kdenson1283 @ 11/13/13 06:41 AM
Trailer is dope! I am ready to dive in on all aspects of this game. My Player and MyGM. Next Friday can't wait for this game to drop along with NBA Live 14.

# 90 da ThRONe @ 11/13/13 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Heard a few well known commentators and obviously other fans of 2k asking for it..i personally love this new stuff in my career

The current gen my career has gotten old really quick
It's a wait and see thing at this point. However usually things of this nature get old even quicker and really limits your freedom as a gamer in order to "fit the script". This is next gen so I don't know if that applies here, but for me it does until it doesn't anymore.

For me being innovative isn't cut sense and cheesy dialogue. It's tying a person progression 100% to what they do at practice. It's tying your playing time to how well you follow your coaches instructions and how effective you are on the court. It's not allowing you to go from a 25 inch vert to a 40 inch vert in less than a month. I like the idea of more interaction with GM's, but to me that should be the case with coaches(especially position coaches). I'm talking individual workouts and scouting reports for the player I'm facing. This to me is innovative SIM BAP mode type things that create replay value.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.