Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

IGN has posted the first NBA 2K14 next-gen review, giving it an 8.9 out of 10. In The Park, players can take their MyCAREER player into 2-on-2 half-court, 3-on-3 three-quarter-court, or 5-on-5 full-court games, unfortunately there is no sign of CREW or leagues within the mode.

They mention the MyCAREER voice acting is kind of cheesy, especially considering your player will have audio included, but the people you talk to mostly have subtitles.

In the video review, it looks like warm-ups are confirmed to be back in (for those of you worried about that from earlier videos), the graphics and animations are jaw-dropping, complete with native 1080p and 60 FPS.

Ronnie2K and LD2K will be streaming next-gen NBA 2K14 at 4:00 PM PST today, so we should be able to see and hear even more. For those that are curious, the OS review will be up a week or so after we receive the game. Nobody on staff will have a PlayStation 4 until the 15th.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 23 @ 11/12/13 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike04
ha yea didn't know steph had rise like that. lol
He can actually but I don't like it in game. Must've been on Pro because you can't do it on cg

Galaxy Note 2

# 282 Factzzz @ 11/12/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd35okc
Morris with no tattoo that's not good hope there fix it
Yeah that is extremely odd, if i was a suns fan i'd be pretty disappointed, but i think 2k will probably address that, if they haven't already.

# 283 Sundown @ 11/12/13 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
He can actually but I don't like it in game. Must've been on Pro because you can't do it on cg

Galaxy Note 2
Eh? I can dunk with Steph on the fast break all the time.

# 284 23 @ 11/12/13 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Eh? I can dunk with Steph on the fast break all the time.
Def shouldn't be that way in the game like I said, but again he can dunk lol

He was on youtube trying to show off his hops this summer

# 285 Ai2907 @ 11/12/13 08:09 PM
Man, I wish I had this game now.
Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

# 286 LD2k @ 11/12/13 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Already spoke to a dev about it - and that dunk is gone from Curry's game via an upcoming patch.

# 287 23 @ 11/12/13 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Already spoke to a dev about it - and that dunk is gone from Curry's game via an upcoming patch.

Thanks LD2k... Is this a day one patch or the main one later on? If you can answer

Galaxy Note 2

# 288 Goffs @ 11/12/13 08:44 PM
Quote:
Patch? It's not done through roster update?

# 289 BluFu @ 11/12/13 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Patch? It's not done through roster update?
maybe they patched the dunk package itself?

# 290 I Djm @ 11/12/13 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thanks LD2k... Is this a day one patch or the main one later on? If you can answer

Galaxy Note 2
let's hope for the latter maybe that way they can find more stuff instead of messing us around like usual

# 291 Rasco11 @ 11/12/13 08:55 PM
LD2K, hope u can maybe answer this (if u can):

Are you guys able to edit appearances (hairstyles, tats, physical appearances, dunk packages, etc.) throughout the season via updates on Next-Gen consoles? I imagine many in our community would be interested to know! Thx.

# 292 Sundown @ 11/12/13 09:31 PM
Quote:
Just that particular dunk or all of Curry's dunks?

Guys like Curry are tricky cause they'll dunk once or twice a season, but being able to ink allows them to do so all the time. It'd be nice to have him dunk only extremely occasionally with a tendencies rating or some,thing.

# 293 Boilerbuzz @ 11/12/13 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Sounds like it's a choice he makes. So, if he CHOOSES to dunk, and can do it, why would you not see it? If the user is controlling him, he can dunk, and the user commands it, should he not dunk?

# 294 Boilerbuzz @ 11/12/13 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
I'm sure he can still dunk, he just won't be doing those back scratching two handers like D Rose.
Agreed. they need to to adjust his dunk package.

# 295 Factzzz @ 11/12/13 11:11 PM
Quote:
Can you also speak to a dev about correcting the Pistons blue, it is too light, it is basically the same as the Thunder blue whereas it should be the same as the Knicks. Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee.

I hate to be "that guy," but it is just so wrong, and the game looks so good, including the updated colors of teams like the Knicks, Kings, Warriors, Bulls but not the Pistons.

I also believe there is a problem with forearm bands, look at Shumpert in the video you just played, as well as Garnett in the real voices trailer, and i don't know what the deal was with the black and white leg sleeves for warrior players in your video also.

# 296 VDusen04 @ 11/12/13 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Sounds like it's a choice he makes. So, if he CHOOSES to dunk, and can do it, why would you not see it? If the user is controlling him, he can dunk, and the user commands it, should he not dunk?
I think it's a happy medium between choice and ability. In real life, I don't think it's just a matter of Curry being capable of dunking but just opting out 99% of the time. Instead, fatigue, dunking ability, angle, footwork and separation are all aspects that can play a role in bringing about an in-game dunk. He's someone who usually needs a specific set of circumstances to pull a dunk off in-game.

Why should a user not see a dunk if he chooses "dunk" with a player who can dunk? Because I feel it could create an unrealistic representation of what a player may be capable of in real life. There's a lot of players who can sometimes dunk in the open floor in real life but will rarely (if ever) attempt to flush in the half court. So in truth, commanding dunks in non-all alone breakaway situations and expecting flushes whenever I want would feel a bit unrealistic.

Oftentimes, being able to pull things like this off in practice (with summer legs, as Steph quips) doesn't always yield in-season and in-game ability and results.

# 297 23 @ 11/12/13 11:45 PM
Quote:
I dont feel like he shouldn't be able to... its always an argument between 2 groups

One who says its not realistic in game stuff

One who says it should be our choice if he can

The other side of the coin is what you say below

Quote:
Agreed. they need to to adjust his dunk package.

That most assuredly, and it seems like LD2k also agrees with us.

# 298 Feevision @ 11/16/13 12:43 AM
Just played with kevin durant wow he shoots and feels so much like him its amazing...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.