Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

IGN has posted the first NBA 2K14 next-gen review, giving it an 8.9 out of 10. In The Park, players can take their MyCAREER player into 2-on-2 half-court, 3-on-3 three-quarter-court, or 5-on-5 full-court games, unfortunately there is no sign of CREW or leagues within the mode.

They mention the MyCAREER voice acting is kind of cheesy, especially considering your player will have audio included, but the people you talk to mostly have subtitles.

In the video review, it looks like warm-ups are confirmed to be back in (for those of you worried about that from earlier videos), the graphics and animations are jaw-dropping, complete with native 1080p and 60 FPS.

Ronnie2K and LD2K will be streaming next-gen NBA 2K14 at 4:00 PM PST today, so we should be able to see and hear even more. For those that are curious, the OS review will be up a week or so after we receive the game. Nobody on staff will have a PlayStation 4 until the 15th.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 TerminallyOdd @ 11/12/13 01:28 AM
I'm not sure how people can complain about animation in this, or any recent NBA 2K game really. They're on the forefront of animation when compared to other sports games, namely anything by EA.

Also, we've been seeing videos of this game capped at 30 fps. Animations are bound to look better in the actual, 60 fps product.

# 122 King_B_Mack @ 11/12/13 01:28 AM
I wish this was still a thing....

The hardware has finally caught up to Carlos Boozer's hair game. We can get this in all it's glory now. I don't want to be robbed of this dammit.

# 123 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 11/12/13 01:29 AM
Some of ya'll take this 2k ish way too serious, it's a $60 VIDEO GAME that looks amazing and i'm not just talking graphically. If you want a perfect basketball game, go outside, grab a ball and play basketball. smh some of ya'll take nitpicking to whole other level on this site. How long have ya'll been playing video games? you do realize no game is or will be perfect right?!

# 124 shmitty @ 11/12/13 01:30 AM
That behind the backboard fadeaway by LaMarcus at 1:08 drove me crazy.

I'm not really disappointed, I was just hoping the game would be a lot "smarter"

Seeing that play kind solidifies that some of the things I hated about the gameplay are still there.

Might have expected too much. The improvements to the modes look amazing though.

# 125 YouCantGuardMe @ 11/12/13 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Who is #8 for the Lakers...that looks like lamar odom
It probably was. Must have been a MyGM trade. I think I saw Lin too.

# 126 Rasco11 @ 11/12/13 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminallyOdd
I'm not sure how people can complain about animation in this, or any recent NBA 2K game really. They're on the forefront of animation when compared to other sports games, namely anything by EA.

Also, we've been seeing videos of this game capped at 30 fps. Animations are bound to look better in the actual, 60 fps product.
That play of Wade driving and falling to the floor looked very awesome...wish the IGN screen/graphic in the foreground was removed to see it clearer.

# 127 KyotoCarl @ 11/12/13 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmitty
That behind the backboard fadeaway by LaMarcus at 1:08 drove me crazy.
That happens in CG too, which is just painful to see. I really hope this is patched for both systems.

# 128 yungflo @ 11/12/13 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
Some of ya'll take this 2k ish way too serious, it's a $60 VIDEO GAME that looks amazing and i'm not just talking graphically. If you want a perfect basketball game, go outside, grab a ball and play basketball. smh some of ya'll take nitpicking to whole other level on this site. How long have ya'll been playing video games? you do realize no game is or will be perfect right?!
I think it is you that is taking the criticism way too seriously. A suggestion is a suggestion. It will not break or make a persons purchase, especially if its minor. Its just a suggestion for the little things. Go to GTA V and you'll know the small little things that make the game great. Is it wrong to ask for a thing? Hell no. Is it wrong to bash a game because it doesn't have the suggestion that They want? YES!

Jeez.

# 129 yungflo @ 11/12/13 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
That's just the thing I think there might be alot of animations that we've never seen before that may add to the immersion. Like look at the way Kobe brushes dudes arm off him before he drives at 1:44, I have a feeling there are more of these "hidden gems" that we haven't seen yet that can add to that wow factor.
True. Its only the first year. So its a great foundation and I loved that. Playing this game at 60fps is going to be sweet

# 130 YoungBuck3 @ 11/12/13 01:34 AM
Damn I don't want any of Boogie on my case post game haha.

# 131 23 @ 11/12/13 01:37 AM
Looking at the review, the guy only had 1 Con

It says cheesy My Career mode, and everything else he liked.

# 132 Sundown @ 11/12/13 01:40 AM
The framerate of gameplay in the review video is kind of choppy. It makes the game look a lot less smooth and real than in other videos. I hope/assume the real thing is much smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck3
Damn I don't want any of Boogie on my case post game haha.
Tank your interview with the Kings.

But I love that it's totally something I'd expect from Boogie, even if he only communicates telepathically in 2K.

# 133 sportzbro @ 11/12/13 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
Here's the thing - this is about the only sports video game outside of The Show (and maybe FIFA) that truly gets it. You see for yourself the dramatic jump this team has taken transitioning to the PS4, and it's obvious:

1) They are committed to developing an awesome product because they know their fans are diehards and they have a reputation to maintain.

2) That the PS4/X1 is capable of some incredible things.

Just after seeing what they've released so far, we are this close to having a near life-like NBA simulation game. All the folks here who have put up with EA's BS for years finally see what's truly possible with this hardware & talented people. Those things give confidence to users when they make their little requests because it'll probably happen whether it's crowd noise, shoes, courts, faces, whatever - 2K has delivered time and time again, and they just showed that they're coming to play on NG consoles.

The future looks bright, and that's why people are nitpicking - because we're seriously that close... and people just love the NBA.

# 134 Teddy_Long @ 11/12/13 01:44 AM
tim duncan is the only one i see that needs an update... a bit too thin.

# 135 RangersCruz @ 11/12/13 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Looking at the review, the guy only had 1 Con

It says cheesy My Career mode, and everything else he liked.
That pencil line was cheesy but i rather find that refreshing then the current my career stuff

# 136 blingballa333 @ 11/12/13 01:46 AM
Game looks stunning! Look what I noticed.....

TIGHTS!

Was hoping these would be added.

Sorry, I'm an accessory wh@re

# 137 23 @ 11/12/13 01:53 AM
This is what a thunderous dunk sounds like

# 138 Vni @ 11/12/13 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
different reviewer? Hell current gen didn't even deserve that high of a score anyways.
I think it's the same guy.

Game looks really good.

# 139 sportzbro @ 11/12/13 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Exactly - couple key attributes here.

1. The crowd's anticipation during and after the spin move

2. The simultaneous whistle that is very audible

3. Moving rim with the rim snap noise

4. Crowd exploding, celebration, and cutscenes

5. Crowd buzz and eventual "coming down" atmosphere during FT's

Get on that NG Atmosphere/Sounds thread, man.

# 140 lakers24 @ 11/12/13 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Yep, the only "issue" i'd see is every arena has distinct rim sounds, but if they were to use a real sound clip for the dunks THAT would be perfect. LeBron's one arm fastbreak dunks pretty much ALL sound like that. Pretty much any powerful quick smash. they could use sound from Blake Griffin/Dwight dunks for the more power hangs on the rim or alley oops

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.