Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Press Row Podcast host Rich Grisham checks in today with a hands-on preview of NBA Live 14 for next-gen consoles. Here are a few nuggets from the article:
  • Controls are layered, meaning anyone can pick up and play -- but there's a good bit of depth to be mastered as well.
  • Defensive controls are done mainly via the left stick. The LT puts you in a defensive stance wherever you are at on the floor.
  • Overall the game plays solid, but Rich is hesitant on giving it a ringing endorsement but instead says its a solid foundation for next-gen basketball.
  • There will be a day-one patch.
What do you think about what you read? Sound off below!

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 grodbetatted @ 11/12/13 10:49 AM
Sounds good and rough edges are expected from a new game...

# 2 JODYE @ 11/12/13 10:56 AM
At this point, it just feels like they are trying to hide the game as long as possible.

There is no excuse to not have released some official gameplay by now.

# 3 Gramps91 @ 11/12/13 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
At this point, it just feels like they are trying to hide the game as long as possible.

agreed. Looking forward to Friday to see what others say about it.

Personally, I think it will be okay but I'm not expecting to be astounded. I'm just glad there is some competition back. I'm a 2k guy but I've checked out Live in the past too and really hope they can deliver.

# 4 soonermagic88 @ 11/12/13 11:08 AM
Im 50/50 on this one. Im picking up 2k day one, but im definitely going to be trying out live at some point.

# 5 LILSPAZ57 @ 11/12/13 11:12 AM
I Like what Im hearing all we do is SIM,SIM,SIM no matter what/ Got gameplay on my mind I can never get enough! As far as them holding out on footage I understand cause 2K is pushing graphics, and lets be honest 2K is a Like a Bugatti on the outside! The thing is the gameplay isnt the best! Live 14 is Not a Bugatti on the outside but I honestly believe that the gameplay on Live 14 will be better.. So what do use is a Bugatti if the engine is busted, it dont perform how it looks.. At the end of the day competition is Back

# 6 LILSPAZ57 @ 11/12/13 11:13 AM
"Whats THE use of a Bugatti if the engine is busted"

# 7 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/12/13 11:14 AM
If it plays like Live 10, I'm ok with that. At least they'll have a demo on the 19th to try out before spending money.

# 8 GisherJohn24 @ 11/12/13 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13

I don't buy that at all. They've let game reviewers play it. And they're releasing a demo as soon as you boot up your system.

# 9 kingeo19 @ 11/12/13 11:37 AM
I don't buy that at all. They've let game reviewers play it. And they're releasing a demo as soon as you boot up your system.

Only if your system is an X1.
Remember that PS4 will be available on Friday, that's four lost days for the LIVE team.

# 10 JODYE @ 11/12/13 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
What is there to buy?

We are 3 days away from release and haven't received so much as one actual gameplay video. Not even one possession. You act like the benefit of the doubt should be given to them, when we've seen this tactic before and saw the subsequent result.

# 11 kingeo19 @ 11/12/13 12:24 PM
Gisher,

NOTE: Sean mentions the demo will be available at launch of the PS4, that was later corrected. The NBA Live 14 demo will arrive on the same day it hits store shelves, November 19th.

Just to be clear. PS4 releases on the 15th and X1 on the 22nd. The DEMO and the game you're referring to will be available on the 19th. The PS4 player will have to wait four days? That is not a good thing.

# 12 wxn8822 @ 11/12/13 12:36 PM
In a word, no hardcore fan will buy this game. Saying nothing basically means saying everything.

# 13 venga @ 11/12/13 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13

+1

and we're "lucky" they haven't cancelled it this time.

# 14 The 24th Letter @ 11/12/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILSPAZ57
I Like what Im hearing all we do is SIM,SIM,SIM no matter what/ Got gameplay on my mind I can never get enough! As far as them holding out on footage I understand cause 2K is pushing graphics, and lets be honest 2K is a Like a Bugatti on the outside! The thing is the gameplay isnt the best! Live 14 is Not a Bugatti on the outside but I honestly believe that the gameplay on Live 14 will be better.. So what do use is a Bugatti if the engine is busted, it dont perform how it looks.. At the end of the day competition is Back
Then why not let is see how the Bugatti drives?

because as of now all we've seen is still pictures of the car...and pictures of the parking lot it's sitting in...

You don't so this if you supposedly have the superior product...

# 15 kingeo19 @ 11/12/13 12:56 PM
The remaining few Hard Core LIVE fans will buy the game no matter what they see or don't see. Don't forget that Hard Core LIVE fans were clamoring for that buggy, slide fest, online only NBA LIVE 13 after the incriminating video was released.

# 16 ccoaxum @ 11/12/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingeo19
The remaining few Hard Core LIVE fans will buy the game no matter what they see or don't see. Don't forget that Hard Core LIVE fans were clamoring for that buggy, slide fest, online only NBA LIVE 13 after the incriminating video was released.
Yeah your right I'm one of them...at this point I'm solo ready to get away from 2k basketball I will pretty much play anything at this point...don't matter what other ppl think cause it's my time and money unless you want my games for me lol

# 17 scottyp180 @ 11/12/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
What is there to buy?

We are 3 days away from release and haven't received so much as one actual gameplay video. Not even one possession. You act like the benefit of the doubt should be given to them, when we've seen this tactic before and saw the subsequent result.
I second this. I'm still interested in checking the game out and giving it a try but from a marketing standpoint it doesn't make sense for EA to allow 2k to release videos and commercials without any sign of competition, especially when 2k14 is being released first. Live fans and basketball heads know the deal with both games but I wonder if the average person/gamer even knows live is being released and if they do how much do they actually know about it.

I think live will make for a fun game of basketball I just hope it will perform well enough financially to continue the series. I just don't like EAs marketing right now. They seem to be relying on word of mouth and the demo to sell the game but I don't know of that will be enough. 2k has history, releae date, graphics, and marketing on its side imo it will be hard for live to compete

# 18 ccoaxum @ 11/12/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I second this. I'm still interested in checking the game out and giving it a try but from a marketing standpoint it doesn't make sense for EA to allow 2k to release videos and commercials without any sign of competition, especially when 2k14 is being released first. Live fans and basketball heads know the deal with both games but I wonder if the average person/gamer even knows live is being released and if they do how much do they actually know about it.

I think live will make for a fun game of basketball I just hope it will perform well enough financially to continue the series. I just don't like EAs marketing right now. They seem to be relying on word of mouth and the demo to sell the game but I don't know of that will be enough. 2k has history, releae date, graphics, and marketing on its side imo it will be hard for live to compete
That's thing they not even trying to compete this ...this year is just about getting a solid game so ppl can see where there is heading and hopefully next year ppl will give it true shot...you can play fully demo before you buy it that is saying a lot...how many next gen demo is going to be out and be fully playable

# 19 RipCityAndy @ 11/12/13 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180

I think it has a lot to do with the importance the general public places on visuals. Live will not look like 2k. If EA releases gameplay everyone will just rag on it because of visuals. My take is that EA is talking features and assets rather than showing shiny new graphics. I think it's a good strategy because what they are revealing about the game, if implemented well, is way more important to the Live/2k competition than visuals. Dont get me wrong, I would also like to see gameplay, but I understand why we haven't seen it.

# 20 JayAtkHar @ 11/12/13 02:02 PM
Nba live 13 is right where FIFA soccer was in2007. Keep the same foundation layer it and make it better every year so it's easy to play but have A LOT of depth

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.