Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released three new screenshots today with information accompanying what each signifies within the revamped MyCAREER mode in NBA 2K14.

In one shot, you can see your player discussing something with your GM. Your team's GM will be a central figure as your MyPLAYER's career evolves. You'll have to manage your relationship with the GM, as he'll likely play a key role in your career's progression over time. A good relationship will likely result in getting more help when you need it.

Another screen shows a bit of draft night, which 2K says you will finally get to feel the nerves and emotion of draft night. Your agent will be there to keep you calm and congratulate you when picked.

Also, the shot at the top of this article shows a 'travel scene', which will simply act as a backdrop between games to give you an opportunity to do the things you need to do, from changes and upgrades to stats and more.

You can check out all of the screens here. What do you think of the features announced today?

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 I Djm @ 11/13/13 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I have to ask. Isn't that the point? I mean, who's playing a Career mode like this to be a end of the bench bum or role player on an NBA team? Isn't the fun/point of mode like this molding a guy into an NBA superstar? Don't think I'm trying to come at you any kind of way with this post, that's not my intent. It's a serious question based off my understanding of the bolded.
not really king. it would be fun if you didn't have to play the whole game just about without fouling to make your guy get a rest. sometimes people want to be the sixth man the little things my man

# 22 OkayC @ 11/13/13 08:04 PM
Quote:
I have to ask. Isn't that the point? I mean, who's playing a Career mode like this to be a end of the bench bum or role player on an NBA team? Isn't the fun/point of mode like this molding a guy into an NBA superstar? Don't think I'm trying to come at you any kind of way with this post, that's not my intent. It's a serious question based off my understanding of the bolded.
Thing is, i don't always wanna be a superstar. some accounts I wanna be a sixth man that goes where im needed. Like a jarret jack or jamal crawford type player. Other accounts i may just wanna be a key contributor off the bench for a team that needs me. Like for instance how the clips need a backup big, maybe i could be that guy come in and take some mins and responsibility away from griffin and jordan, so they don't have to play 40mins a night. Some accounts I do wanna be a allstar or even superstar talent. like my main pg account i make every year that emulates my play style. but I don't wanna be thrust into being a superstar, I wanna earn my minutes and my role. I wanna work my way up to being the star sometimes. Not be a star from the day i get drafted. Cuz it gets kinda rediculous how you can go to a stacked team where theres really no room for you to start, but they'll push one of the starters to the bench or play them out of position just to make room for you to start. Especially if your production doesn't really warrant a starting job on the team that your on. Being able to have a role based on where your needed is also what could make free agency more fun. I could be like a james harden and take less money to come off the bench, or demand more and get traded and end up being a superstar. Thats type of stuff would make mycareer more in depth, not cheesy cliche lines stolen from corny basketball movies, or made up rivalries.

# 23 Droz10 @ 11/17/13 11:42 AM
Can you play 2 player in mygm? If so I haven't figured it out. Would be very surprised if I couldn't play a franchise or season with a friend friend on my team. I haven't found any game mode that supports being on same team, except quick game, but let's be honest that's pointless. Can anyone shed some light?

# 24 Tmar_inkedup @ 11/23/13 11:29 PM
My myplayer is stuck at the arena tunnel before game screen it says loading and never comes on how do I fix it?

# 25 VDusen04 @ 11/23/13 11:41 PM
Quote:
To be real, the most fun I had with MyPlayer/MyCareer came in NBA 2K10, for it provided the most authentic "be-a-star" basketball paths to date for me. Sure, the mode is inherently unrealistic (since most of us create ourselves, and we're not going to the NBA) but the original focus of the mode seemed to induce at least a touch of realistic immersion even amongst the fantasy.

The freedom to create one's own path in this mode (instead of pushing a player down a pre-destined route) was immeasurable. I understand some people will want to be stars immediately. But for me, I got the most from being able to convince myself I was grinding in pre-draft workouts, just hoping to get a look. Then I had a blast being overmatched in training camp and fighting for a spot, only to end up in the D-League.

And when my time with the Bakersfield Jam was finally up and I got the call to the NBA? Checking in for the first time on NBA hardwood? With NBA commentators and a full arena? Priceless.

# 26 canucksss @ 11/24/13 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
To be real, the most fun I had with MyPlayer/MyCareer came in NBA 2K10, for it provided the most authentic "be-a-star" basketball paths to date for me. Sure, the mode is inherently unrealistic (since most of us create ourselves, and we're not going to the NBA) but the original focus of the mode seemed to induce at least a touch of realistic immersion even amongst the fantasy.

The freedom to create one's own path in this mode (instead of pushing a player down a pre-destined route) was immeasurable. I understand some people will want to be stars immediately. But for me, I got the most from being able to convince myself I was grinding in pre-draft workouts, just hoping to get a look. Then I had a blast being overmatched in training camp and fighting for a spot, only to end up in the D-League.

And when my time with the Bakersfield Jam was finally up and I got the call to the NBA? Checking in for the first time on NBA hardwood? With NBA commentators and a full arena? Priceless.
Are you noit pointing out another type of pre-destined route by going to the camp, D-league etc.?

# 27 VDusen04 @ 11/24/13 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Are you noit pointing out another type of pre-destined route by going to the camp, D-league etc.?
You raise a fair point. Ultimately, I would prefer to have a say in the matter. In lieu of complete career freedom, I preferred the former method, which felt much more realistic with the implementation of multiple levels of real life camps, leagues, and teams.

In 2K10, even with gamers being cornered into being selected low in the first NBA MyPlayer mode, it still felt as though we were carving a semi-realistic path. Now, everything seems to fall in place very quickly and incredibly. It almost appears as if it's more of a fight to not become an NBA legend the moment you step on the hardwood in the current MyCareer setup.

In short, everyone is not looking to become an immediate superstar in MyCareer mode. There are other paths I found much more enjoyable. I suppose I could have shortened my initial response to something along those lines, ha.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.