Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

In next-gen NBA 2K14, you will see players lose their focus, become frustrated and discouraged in games, thanks to the Emotion Plus.

Source - Complex

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Escobeats @ 11/13/13 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
LOL I like how they have Bron as the poster boy for players choking due to emotions .... Naw but all jokes to the side should be interesting how this plays how. I can imagine some people raging about this and some people being for it

# 2 Mckinley Cash @ 11/13/13 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
watching the Ronnie & Chris game i'm excited to get my hands on this. Added 2 more signature skills and then the emotion shields. Plus the Points of emphasis. It's really going to help make each player play like that player does and each game will feel different because of the adjustments you'll have to make. Going to take more than just stick skills.

Don't really want to hear about "it plays like current gen" because it clearly doesn't. It's things like this that add an extra layer of reality to the game that current gen doesn't have.
This adds an extra layer to every game mode; whether its Exhibition, Online, MyGM, or MyCareer. This game just keeps getting deeper, and this is only only the first installation of Next-Gen 2K Basketball.

# 3 MarvinOida @ 11/13/13 01:24 AM
This already exists. But only in HUM vs HUM matches. And it depends on who thinks is "choking"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 lgxjames @ 11/13/13 01:47 AM
I mean just wow. Truly makes building a team that much more important.

# 5 quehouston @ 11/13/13 02:11 AM
MyGM is gonna be so strategic

# 6 Sundown @ 11/13/13 02:38 AM
Basically a better modeled momentum system, with something I've wanted-- where a player can cause other players to lose rhythm by ball hogging. Looks like chemistry will finally be modeled more dynamically and correctly, and we'll actually get a proper simulation of chemistry issues on teams like last year's a Lakers and maybe this year's Rockets.

If properly done, it'll also eliminate cheesers from shooting with one player constantly.

# 7 DatGD12guage @ 11/13/13 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Basically a better modeled momentum system, with something I've wanted-- where a player can cause other players to lose rhythm by ball hogging. Looks like chemistry will finally be modeled more dynamically and correctly, and we'll actually get a proper simulation of chemistry issues on teams like last year's a Lakers and maybe this year's Rockets.

If properly done, it'll also eliminate cheesers from shooting with one player constantly.
They didnt say anything about a better momentum system, even though we can assume that...... I wouldnt say that the bs from last year does not exist until I actually play. They are talking about individual players being effected. They did not say anything about the whole team being effected. I have to see for myself to know the exact components. Wouldnt get hyped and assume something only to be disappointed my friend.

Nonetheless this is a nice touch that I dig

# 8 rawdog805 @ 11/13/13 09:57 AM
Hopefully this is something that can be turned on or off in the settings menu.... Because I can see myself getting pissed if this costs me in a key game where as NBA players they should be locked in from start to finish, no matter if the stars are getting the majority of the shots. But I gotta admit the feature does sound cool.

# 9 24ct @ 11/13/13 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Hopefully this is something that can be turned on or off in the settings menu.... Because I can see myself getting pissed if this costs me in a key game where as NBA players they should be locked in from start to finish, no matter if the stars are getting the majority of the shots. But I gotta admit the feature does sound cool.
NBA players are human beings with emotions too, lol...

Most times more because they're so pampered, lol...

But seriously I understand wanting the option, but for realism/sim purposes, I like it. Hopefully it effects things like free agency and trades, like Dwight & Kobe. EX Evan Turner, contract year, but a rookie comes and is playing and hogging, will that carry over to the off season and effect if he resigns?

Either way, this sound goods.

# 10 dre2 @ 11/13/13 10:07 AM
If this does work as explained it could have a good effect on online play, coupled with the inability to spam steal anymore and it could change the mood of online altogether for the better, granted their servers or lack thereof will obviously be the real deciding factor but I still remain cautiously optimistic.

# 11 rawdog805 @ 11/13/13 10:16 AM
If its not an option I'm hoping that its at least a rating, where some players like JR Smith are rated low and will be more likely to lose their focus in cases like these, but players like Jimmy Butler and Ray Allen have high ratings and are locked in for the entire game.

# 12 soonermagic88 @ 11/13/13 11:09 AM
Ok... this is pretty awesome. 2k is a launch day lock for me.

# 13 eslimm @ 11/13/13 11:21 AM
The more tidbit info 2k release the more of an uphill climb for EA

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

# 14 BezO @ 11/13/13 11:28 AM
Sounds sweet. I hadn't planned on getting a PS4 at launch due to the lack of quality sports games available. But just like the PS3 I've held onto almost exclusively for NBA 2K, I might be doing the same next gen.

NBA 2K will make it more than worth it until MLB The Show drops.

# 15 threattonature @ 11/13/13 11:28 AM
If this works as advertised it could be a huge game changer. I love the thought behind it.

# 16 LingeringRegime @ 11/13/13 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
MyGM is gonna be so strategic
So pumped for it.

# 17 LakerPride @ 11/13/13 11:36 AM
So will the emotion rating finally matter?

# 18 ghettofocker @ 11/13/13 12:03 PM
It's too bad they didn't show more of this during the stream yesterday. They were talking about it happening on screen, but each time they had the camera on Ronnie and LD2K

# 19 OSX2k11 @ 11/13/13 12:04 PM
I hope soon enough we can have a football developer who cares as much as 2k does with basketball. Incredible

# 20 Vni @ 11/13/13 12:10 PM
Yeah... Not sure about that.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.