Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

In next-gen NBA 2K14, you will see players lose their focus, become frustrated and discouraged in games, thanks to the Emotion Plus.

Source - Complex

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 asitter @ 11/13/13 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
If its not an option I'm hoping that its at least a rating, where some players like JR Smith are rated low and will be more likely to lose their focus in cases like these, but players like Jimmy Butler and Ray Allen have high ratings and are locked in for the entire game.
I'm sure they would make it a rating. Hell, maybe this will finally put the "emotion" rating to use. I hope they took into consideration that certain players are more likely to want the ball, and others are more likely to be content with their role.

# 22 Gosens6 @ 11/13/13 12:20 PM
This might be my favorite new feature in the game. It will fly under the radar, but it will make a big difference while playing.

# 23 bls @ 11/13/13 12:21 PM
So im guess the effects will take place through rating drops? Is this kind of a counter to sig skills?

And what about if someone is playing a team oriented game, will over teammates become more focused and into the game?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

# 24 stillfeelme @ 11/13/13 12:23 PM
This was actually a wishlist item I believe. Basically this is a way to implement signature skills that could have a negative or positive effect on your team. Of course we would never get a directly negative signature skill but the actual play makes it human like. This can be very good if implemented well every action could have a reaction effect on your team. Just like in football WR's are typically divas lol and you have to give them some touches or they lose focus or take plays off. Ball hogging with your myplayer it impacts your teammates. They shouldn't be mindless robots much more human aspect. Users who know the inside and outside of their players will have an advantage over those that don't

# 25 stillfeelme @ 11/13/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
So im guess the effects will take place through rating drops? Is this kind of a counter to sig skills?

And what about if someone is playing a team oriented game, will over teammates become more focused and into the game?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe this along with the "Rhythm meter" thing plays a roll on play. I think it will work exactly like that unless you have a player like Kobe I think they said he is an alpha dog. This was definitely in the wishlists so kudos to 2K for listening.

# 26 Mckinley Cash @ 11/13/13 12:33 PM
I wonder if the importance of a game plays a part. Maybe you can have more emotional games.

For example, Andrew Wiggins, or your MyCareer player, is making his first start in the NBA; you're going to have some nerves and force some stuff, or maybe just go off and stay in the zone - depending on your emotion rating.

Just trying to see how broad this feature can get.

# 27 Gosens6 @ 11/13/13 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
I wonder if the importance of a game plays a part. Maybe you can have more emotional games.

For example, Andrew Wiggins, or your MyCareer player, is making his first start in the NBA, you're going to have some nerves and force some stuff, or maybe just go off and stay in the zone - depending on your emotion rating.

Just trying to see how broad this feature can get.
I saw some of the personality badges during the live stream yesterday, they said there are games of importance.

Playoff Games
Rivalry Games
Games against old team
Hometown games.

The personality badge is called Primetime. Guys with this badge will shine in the big games posted above. Pretty cool feature.

# 28 sparkdawg777 @ 11/13/13 12:42 PM
So does this mean I can call a timeout to settle everyone down or someone in particular? I remember there was a photo of coach points of emphasis during timeouts but I forgot what they were.

# 29 poloelite @ 11/13/13 01:00 PM
If all of the things I read in this thread aren't in, I hope 2K is reading this for 2K15. If these things become a part of the game, EA just needs to make NBA Street again so we can have a sim and an arcade game on next gen.

# 30 Cowboy008 @ 11/13/13 01:22 PM
Damn what else does this game have lol. Can't wait for Friday.

# 31 kolanji @ 11/13/13 01:38 PM
With all this foot planting and emotions implemented into the game I hope u can finally play position basketball and take CHARGES cause we all know those are high points of emotions and game changers both for offenses and defenses

# 32 sonn @ 11/13/13 02:09 PM
If only 2k14 had couch co-op in association, it'd be a first day buy.

I may end up picking it up during a sale.

# 33 amoore0192 @ 11/13/13 02:13 PM
Does anyone know what the emotion badges and personality badges are?

# 34 Goffs @ 11/13/13 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoore0192
LD2k said that they were going to tell us what they are later today....at least I think its today...

# 35 LD2k @ 11/13/13 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
LD2k said that they were going to tell us what they are later today....at least I think its today...
Working on getting OS all that information today.

# 36 Sundown @ 11/13/13 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
They didnt say anything about a better momentum system, even though we can assume that...... I wouldnt say that the bs from last year does not exist until I actually play. They are talking about individual players being effected. They did not say anything about the whole team being effected. I have to see for myself to know the exact components. Wouldnt get hyped and assume something only to be disappointed my friend.

Nonetheless this is a nice touch that I dig
Actually what I meant was it sounds like a better streak system and how players are connected might turn it to a better, more natural momentum system, although it's really a chemistry system (which momentum partly simulates).

# 37 Sundown @ 11/13/13 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Hopefully this is something that can be turned on or off in the settings menu.... Because I can see myself getting pissed if this costs me in a key game where as NBA players they should be locked in from start to finish, no matter if the stars are getting the majority of the shots. But I gotta admit the feature does sound cool.
Plenty of players aren't locked from start to finish. That's why the stars are the stars.

Also this feature makes building the right team around a star even more realistic and important-- one star is not going to be happy with another star jacking up shots and getting no touches. Chemistry is actually going to matter. See last year's Lakers.

# 38 TalenT @ 11/13/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerPride
So will the emotion rating finally matter?
Good question! I never understood it's meaning in CG. It's description is "reaction to calls" or somethin' like that but the only area I could think of that this would have any effect on the game is complaining to the refs after a no call or and not getting back on D. -Shrugs-

# 39 quehouston @ 11/13/13 03:41 PM
I just gonna be really nice in MyGM to finally have personalities on the court. All this is gonna be a blast years down the road with generated rookies. Maybe we can scout players attitudes...?

# 40 Kaanyr Vhok @ 11/13/13 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoore0192
They are like sig skills. Matter of fact some of them are former sig skills. Defensive Anchor was on the emotion badge list. An example of an emotion badge is Heart and Soul. Players with this badge are known for inspiring the team when they are trailing big.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.