Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Today 2K released ‘Michael Jordan Uncensored Pt. 2’ video featuring conversation footage with His Airness, in anticipation of the upcoming launch of NBA 2K14 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The video includes dialogue on topics such as Jordan’s reasons for wearing the number 23, his favorite dunks, as well as the historical players he would select to be on his starting five – and why he wouldn’t lose with them on his team.

Some NBA 2K14 next-gen legends and Jordan kicks are shown.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Sundown @ 11/13/13 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Sundown.

Sundown.

Pass whatever you have. Over here
The skinny build, and his face momentarily with his tongue out (though the tongue itself is classic Jordan). Slap on a Knicks uniform and a high-top fade-- Shumpert.

Super Skinny Jordan is really throwing me off.

Also, I'd like it if he held his tongue out until after the dunk completes, not right before.

# 42 I Djm @ 11/13/13 06:05 PM
anyone else notice the red isn't red but almost pink like current gen

# 43 Bolt957 @ 11/13/13 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon
Or that 2K, as usual, can't seem to get its legends' accessories right. I just don't see why -- even if we can customize players to this degree, that you believe this video portends in next gen -- that they would show Worthy without his signature goggles and the championship years' Hakeem with goggles. (When in reality, Hakeem barely wore goggles.) Both are just glaringly inaccurate.

I know some people hate the accessories rants by some of us in the O.S. community, but it's galling that 2K doesn't have people who seemingly care that this stuff matters to us. Yes, they do an extraordinary job on the gameplay side, but just little things like Jordan wearing the proper colorway for his Air Jordan XI, but Ron Harper who is walking next to him in the video and is also wearing the Air Jordan XI, isn't wearing the very same color that Jordan wears, that is historically accurate; is straight-up annoying. 2K has seen us or PortlandBlazer modify their rosters to both proper colors and accessories, or as close to possible, for many of these same legends for years now.

[They (2K) have to be trolling, or are just lazy on this small matter of attention to detail on specific, high-profile players. NBA2K3's legends teams had this stuff mostly right, why can't they do the same nearly 11 years later? I bet Magic's knee pads are still probably the wrong color.]
I'm pretty sure that the shoes Jordan has on could be equipped onto Ron Harper & they'd have the same color XI. But then again, they still do have the Shoe Creator in 2K14, and we'll have the correct colors. But I do understand what you're saying.

# 44 King_B_Mack @ 11/13/13 06:11 PM
Quote:
Or that 2K, as usual, can't seem to get its legends' accessories right. I just don't see why -- even if we can customize players to this degree, that you believe this video portends in next gen -- that they would show Worthy without his signature goggles and the championship years' Hakeem with goggles. (When in reality, Hakeem barely wore goggles.) Both are just glaringly inaccurate.

I know some people hate the accessories rants by some of us in the O.S. community, but it's galling that 2K doesn't have people who seemingly care that this stuff matters to us. Yes, they do an extraordinary job on the gameplay side, but just little things like Jordan wearing the proper colorway for his Air Jordan XI, but Ron Harper who is walking next to him in the video and is also wearing the Air Jordan XI, isn't wearing the very same color that Jordan wears, that is historically accurate; is straight-up annoying. 2K has seen us or PortlandBlazer modify their rosters to both proper colors and accessories, or as close to possible, for many of these same legends for years now.

[They (2K) have to be trolling, or are just lazy on this small matter of attention to detail on specific, high-profile players. NBA2K3's legends teams had this stuff mostly right, why can't they do the same nearly 11 years later? I bet Magic's knee pads are still probably the wrong color.]
To be fair. Ron Harper rarely if ever wore the same colorway of the same shoe as Jordan in game. If Jordan was rocking the Bred XI's, then Ron was rocking the Space Jams. So technically they're only inaccurate in that colorway Ron was wearing in the vid doesn't exist.

# 45 Sundown @ 11/13/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
You're under-estimating how skinny Jordan actually was.

Whats throwing you off is the muscle definition in his arms. But then you could say that for most players. It's not actually the body that's wrong, but the size or definition of the arms.
I'd say it's a little of both, but yeah, there's no muscle definition and shoulder development in the thinner arms. They gave everyone Durant's arms.

Would have liked to see a musclar/defined option for certain players (Iggy, Jordan, Pippen, etc.) who have lean arms but pronounced muscle development. Same goes for Hakeem, too. He looks weak and spindley when in real life he looked anything but.

Latter Jordan was much more built, including number 45 Jordan, who is still skinny in the clip.

# 46 marsblackmon @ 11/13/13 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
To be fair. Ron Harper rarely if ever wore the same colorway of the same shoe as Jordan in game. If Jordan was rocking the Bred XI's, then Ron was rocking the Space Jams. So technically they're only inaccurate in that colorway Ron was wearing in the vid doesn't exist.
You're half right.

That was true for the Air Jordan XII and the Air Jordan XIII, but not the Air Jordan XI. (Ron Harper would also wear a myriad of Jordan Brand team shoes and assorted Nikes, but for 1995-96, if he was wearing Air Jordan XI's, he was wearing the very same color that Jordan was wearing.) I am humbly stating this, while acknowledging that it doesn't sound humble: But I do know the Bulls championship years better than most, as well as sneakers. The "Space Jam" wasn't readily available to the general public or Ron Harper, during the 1995-96 season.

Though the shoe has now retroed multiple times, the Air Jordan XI retro of black/varsity royal/white wasn't released to the general public for retail sale until 2000 or 2001. It was actually what they called a "Retro +" color, before Nike/Jordan Brand even thought up the term, I think.

It was only a retro in 2000-01, because Jordan had already worn them earlier in the 1995 playoffs, after being fined for wearing the "Concords," and not matching the sanctioned black shoe regime, that the Bulls had requested and instated in the 1988-89 playoffs.

# 47 VDusen04 @ 11/13/13 07:12 PM
Also, I've always been familiar with Jordan's #12 game against the Magic, but I never knew the part about members of the Bulls organization heading into the crowd to look for #23 replicas MJ could wear. Hilarious.

# 48 King_B_Mack @ 11/13/13 07:18 PM
Quote:
You're half right.

That was true for the Air Jordan XII and the Air Jordan XIII, but not the Air Jordan XI. (Ron Harper would also wear a myriad of Jordan Brand team shoes and assorted Nikes, but for 1995-96, if he was wearing Air Jordan XI's, he was wearing the very same color that Jordan was wearing.) I am humbly stating this, while acknowledging that it doesn't sound humble: But I do know the Bulls championship years better than most, as well as sneakers. The "Space Jam" wasn't readily available to the general public or Ron Harper, during the 1995-96 season.

Though the shoe has now retroed multiple times, the Air Jordan XI retro of black/varsity royal/white wasn't released to the general public for retail sale until 2000 or 2001. It was actually what they called a "Retro +" color, before Nike/Jordan Brand even thought up the term, I think.

It was only a retro in 2000-01, because Jordan had already worn them earlier in the 1995 playoffs, after being fined for wearing the "Concords," and not matching the sanctioned black shoe regime, that the Bulls had requested and instated in the 1988-89 playoffs.
You're probably right. But considering Ron was playing with Jordan, I doubt the Space Jams not being available at retail would stop him from being able to secure a pair. Hell Joe Johnson was wearing the Low white/black/red colorways well before they were available at retail last season as a Jordan Brand guy. I know Ron wasn't a JB guy (don't even think there were JB athletes at the time outside of Jordan at the time) but being a teammate with Mike probably meant he didn't have to go to the store to buy the J's he was normally wearing. Much like when Pip wore J's. Highly doubt he bought them from Footlocker.

# 49 sva91 @ 11/13/13 07:52 PM
Why are the numbers on jerseys so small? Both retro and current teams. Not super obvious, but is bugging me.

# 50 DirtyNeedles @ 11/13/13 08:43 PM
what's up with those fake jordans in the game? lol EDIT PLEASE

# 51 CaCHooKa Man @ 11/13/13 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Wow great video!
I didn't see worthy coming in MJ fav teammates
Anyway someone told him that he would need some serious 3pt shooting if he want to compete in 2k online cheese fest
well they did win the national championship together at UNC

# 52 Portertrain @ 11/13/13 10:30 PM
Pink jerseys transfer to next gen yet again ( red is still pink ?? Why ) and they celebrate the worlds greatest athlete ever with a generic Jordan face ... Arms seem to have no definition , very skinny and generic on most player models .... Game looks great ...

# 53 jdnathan11 @ 11/13/13 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That was awesome. I'm just happy they got MJ's dark skin. It was way too light on current gen, ever since they've had him in the game.

Note: I think they put the wrong shoes on him in that dunk over Ewing. It's supposed to be from 1991, from what I remember - not 1993. MJ is probably too old to remember the year...
Those are the wrong kicks. Should be the black rubber tongue 5s or 6s. My personal second fav J behind the 11s of course. Game looks solid. Now if I could just find a target I'm the Portland Oregon metro that has in stock.

# 54 MarvinOida @ 11/13/13 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnathan11
Those are the wrong kicks. Should be the black rubber tongue 5s or 6s. My personal second fav J behind the 11s of course. Game looks solid. Now if I could just find a target I'm the Portland Oregon metro that has in stock.
I'd roll with Best Buy. Seems like they are in stock. Depends if you live close to Casade Station. I think both ps4 and Xbone are currently "In Stock" so that could be fine.

The shoes when Jordan dunks over Ewing is the Air Jordan 6 "Black/Infrared"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 55 juicey79 @ 11/14/13 12:01 AM
Quote:
You're under-estimating how skinny Jordan actually was.

Whats throwing you off is the muscle definition in his arms. But then you could say that for most players. It's not actually the body that's wrong, but the size or definition of the arms.
Thanks for posting this explanation as most ball players are skinny and Jordan had very little body fat

# 56 b0ck3n @ 11/14/13 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I'd say it's a little of both, but yeah, there's no muscle definition and shoulder development in the thinner arms. They gave everyone Durant's arms.

Would have liked to see a musclar/defined option for certain players (Iggy, Jordan, Pippen, etc.) who have lean arms but pronounced muscle development. Same goes for Hakeem, too. He looks weak and spindley when in real life he looked anything but.

Latter Jordan was much more built, including number 45 Jordan, who is still skinny in the clip.
I thought so too until 2K showed off a full game of 5on5. I had no qualms with any of the players' body types, looked real good to me. Iggy for one looked just as jacked as his real life counterpart. If anything, they're still missing on the chubby guys.

# 57 Rasco11 @ 11/14/13 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnathan11
You can see if Targets have it in stock near you if you go to Target.com and go to video games>ps4>NBA 2k14. Then just click (find in a store) and put in your zip code. I've checked periodically through day and one near me now says it's in stock, so it updates when they scan in shipments. I'm gonna swing by in AM! Maybe it will save you some time? Hope it helps.

# 58 JayAtkHar @ 11/14/13 01:09 AM
I wish Jordan looked a little more ripped like the current gen

# 59 daveberg @ 11/14/13 04:11 AM
Just awful.

The jerseys are absolutely poor. There should be no excuse, this is next gen and they can't even get jerseys right? Since when have the team names and numbers been so small? MJ's model is completely whack and they still can't manage to fit legendary players with the right accessories.....pfffft.

My complete boycott of both current gen and next gen 2k14 continues.....

# 60 The__Answ3r_i3 @ 11/14/13 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Just awful.

The jerseys are absolutely poor. There should be no excuse, this is next gen and they can't even get jerseys right? Since when have the team names and numbers been so small? MJ's model is completely whack and they still can't manage to fit legendary players with the right accessories.....pfffft.

My complete boycott of both current gen and next gen 2k14 continues.....
are you serious? go play nba live.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.